Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    looks great!

just pray it doesn't get too dirty Click here to enlarge
    My last one got real dirty, bird crap, mud all bugs all kinds of stuff. All the dirt and crap rinsed right off and looked as good as new.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Linracing Click here to enlarge
    My last one got real dirty, bird crap, mud all bugs all kinds of stuff. All the dirt and crap rinsed right off and looked as good as new.
    ah wow lucky

my brake dust completely baked into my dipped wheels pretty much Click here to enlarge
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

How many gallons does it take for each color change...And are you buying it from dipyourcar.com?

One last question...whats the name of that color you used or was it a blend?

After you opened the thread I went searching and found some sick colors that people are doing blends with...Here are some examples:

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    PERFORMANCE: Cobb AP \ JB4 \ DCI \ AR Downpipes \ CX FMIC \ ER Chargepipe \ Synapse BOV \ KW V2 \ Muffler Delete \ CDV \ ZHP Shifter \ Cyba Scoops
    FUN: LC Lemans 19" \ M3 Front \ Mtech Rear \ JL 10W6 \ ModMyNav \ V1 Hardwired \ LUX H8 \ Gloss Black Trim \ Cyba Quads \ Cyba Mtech Diffuser

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Sorry! Forgot to add, you car looks pretty badass in the pics!! Click here to enlarge
    PERFORMANCE: Cobb AP \ JB4 \ DCI \ AR Downpipes \ CX FMIC \ ER Chargepipe \ Synapse BOV \ KW V2 \ Muffler Delete \ CDV \ ZHP Shifter \ Cyba Scoops
    FUN: LC Lemans 19" \ M3 Front \ Mtech Rear \ JL 10W6 \ ModMyNav \ V1 Hardwired \ LUX H8 \ Gloss Black Trim \ Cyba Quads \ Cyba Mtech Diffuser

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

I want white. I'm going to PM you. How many days do you need for it?
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Here is what the front looks like.

I used about 2 gallons so far, going to put a 3rd gallon on top just to make it easier to peal off. The mix I did was 90% blue 10% black. I am not buying it from dipyourcar.com I am mixing the dip myself.

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    I want white. I'm going to PM you. How many days do you need for it?
    1 day at max.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

@Linracing how many coats are you doing and how much time did it take you to peel it off? I plastidipped a couple things on my truck and turned out pretty good, but I went with an aftermarket grill after dipping the stock one and it was a pain in the ass to get off...yeah it peeled, but got stuck in a lot of tough places. My concern would be any damage or issues taking it off down the road, and durability to wash it
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

great color
    m3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    @Linracing how many coats are you doing and how much time did it take you to peel it off? I plastidipped a couple things on my truck and turned out pretty good, but I went with an aftermarket grill after dipping the stock one and it was a pain in the ass to get off...yeah it peeled, but got stuck in a lot of tough places. My concern would be any damage or issues taking it off down the road, and durability to wash it
    Did you use the cans? I know the cans are a pain.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Wish you were closer to me. Would love to see a color mix close to balloon white would look dope.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeremycliff/6025813535/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Did you use the cans? I know the cans are a pain.
    I did, so I guess my real question is what the quality difference is between the off-the-shelf cans and using a sprayer to apply the product. (this is what you're doing correct?) A few pictures of your setup or paint "station" would much appreciated. I'm guessing you draped off an area around the car in the garage?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Car looks great!

Seems like it would come out blotchy. Is that the case? Did u remove any body parts or taped anything?
    E92 335i Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    What is the cost if you DIY? All I would need is a cheap gun and 3 gallons of paint it sounds like(have the air compressor)...I wouldn't mind dipping the wife's car something interesting while she is out of town for a few days.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    I will just say the thicker it is, the easier it is to get off. A lot easier.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

@Linracing, looks very good... How long will somethign like that last? I know that's a vague question, and am guessing it's all about care/how and where the car is driven, etc. - but am curious how things like sunny days, washing and overall daily (ab)use take it's toll on that stuff.

I am thinking about doing my rims - as I hate cleaning them, and since I live in the city - can't do it too often. By the time I get to it, I spend an hour removing the baked on dust - and am almost positive that pitting of the clearcoat has started to occur...

Point is, I want to be able to easily clean them, stop any future damage - and give a nice new look. I am a bit concerned though that the heat from the brakes will cause the dip to be a bit less protective that it would be at normal temps. Is this a valid concern?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    Point is, I want to be able to easily clean them, stop any future damage - and give a nice new look. I am a bit concerned though that the heat from the brakes will cause the dip to be a bit less protective that it would be at normal temps. Is this a valid concern?
    To clean them you can literally use a power washer and the dip will not come off unless you want it to. You can see you tube videos of this.

The wheels are constantly cooled from the air. You should have no issues.

You can always paint on top of the dip and be able to pull it off. Just an idea.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Cool - makes sense, thanks. Depending on how I drive, there might not be enough wind - they have been hot enough to not touch - that's what I meant. It's definitely not "super" hot, but probably mid 100s (F).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Its pretty durable, it will survive heat. 3 gallons will do a 3 series 4 for a 5 series.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Its pretty durable, it will survive heat. 3 gallons will do a 3 series 4 for a 5 series.
    What is the average cost of a gallon of dip?

Are there any concerns about overspray into the door jams, engine bay, trunk area? Just find it and peel/clean it off?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    What is the average cost of a gallon of dip?

Are there any concerns about overspray into the door jams, engine bay, trunk area? Just find it and peel/clean it off?
    Yes you will get overspray if you don't tap areas off. But you can peal it off if you do. But its best to tape areas you don't want sprayed. Gallons are about $50-$60 it depends on where you live as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes you will get overspray if you don't tap areas off. But you can peal it off if you do. But its best to tape areas you don't want sprayed. Gallons are about $50-$60 it depends on where you live as well.
    So a bit over 200 for me to buy a gun and 3 gallons...not bad at all, alot cheaper than a wrap and easier to change.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Where in California can you buy a gallon of dip? Isn't it illegal here?

I've been trying to get some to do my car but I can't find anything but cans
    2009.5 AW E90 335i ZMP - SOLD
    2013 E92 M3 6MT ZCP - Space Grey/Fox Red Click here to enlarge

Want to Buy: 1977-89 Porsche 911 Turbo Coupe (930)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Dip your car.com was listed towards the beginning of this thread and answers quite a few questions as well. They even sell pearlized, glossifier, and a re-liquifier to fix tears and stuff. Not to mention a specific wheel kit, cleaner, etc. Pretty cool actually, ordering a kit tonight and going to do a test run on a buddy`s mustang.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Looks very nice man. I really like it. Think you can do my 135? Click here to enlarge lol
    John 3:16

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12