Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

6AT single turbo 60-130 time?

Any 335i or 135i single turbo 6AT test the acceleration time from 60-130?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

I think hotrods 60-130 even though not single is about all you can get out of the auto if not maybe ak335i can chime in
    Turbo lag is the on ramp to the highway which is power.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu Click here to enlarge
    Hi guys,
    We've been quietly working on the 6AT single turbo application for the last few months and today CupertinoSteve finally got a chance to run some VBOX times in his Laguna Blue e90 daily driver/kid hauler. Just got the results via text. He said he'll post vbox graphs/video/logs tomorrow when he gets a chance.

Car Details:
    2008 E90
    Vishnu/FFTEC Single Turbo 58mm option (not the 62mm)
    Full catless
    FMIC
    Vishnu PWM Meth
    Vishnu Procede Rev3
    Vishnu PWM Meth system
    Koni FSD shocks
    MT DRs
    Passenger seat removed (rear seats still in with baby seats).
    STOCK 6at trans with Alpina flash

All the runs were done with a slope between -.97 and -1.5%.
    Best of the night was a 6.881s. Backed up with 2 other 6.8x runs. Slowest run of the night was a 7.112s due to wheelspin. He did nearly 8 runs in all before running out of gas Click here to enlarge

The only N54 powered car that did quicker was my 6MT, last year, running the bigger 62mm turbo with NLS. The car definitely has some more in it. Hopefully we can see mid 6s within the next couple of weeks. I predict we are going to see n54s hit 5s by the summer Click here to enlarge

Cheers,
    shiv

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

i need to get or borrow a vbox. should see so good 60-130 on my car at 21psi
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

how many rwhp with the 58mm in the vbox test?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    i think u will hit lower than 6.8 sec

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

60-130 is rough for an AT. You need taller tires to avoid that 4->5 shift. I've heard of a couple in the high 6s but generally the cars quietly disappear shortly after.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

It's funny (ironic) to me that the fastest 60-130 N54 is the smaller 58mm turbo and not one of the larger turbos. However, I guess this might just come down to the fact that the 6AT is faster for straight line performance than the 6MT and almost all of the 6AT single turbos are 58mm. In other words, a well prepped 6AT with larger turbo would decimate all (...and if we have to, overnight parts from Japan).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    shivradamus@vishnu Click here to enlarge The car definitely has some more in it. Hopefully we can see mid 6s within the next couple of weeks. I predict we are going to see n54s hit 5s by the summer Click here to enlarge

Cheers,
    shiv
    This guy is never wrong.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eleventeen Click here to enlarge
    It's funny (ironic) to me that the fastest 60-130 N54 is the smaller 58mm turbo and not one of the larger turbos. However, I guess this might just come down to the fact that the 6AT is faster for straight line performance than the 6MT and almost all of the 6AT single turbos are 58mm. In other words, a well prepped 6AT with larger turbo would decimate all (...and if we have to, overnight parts from Japan).
    We have the larger turbo going on our MT E92 so I'll get a feel for the power band with that. If the AT should shift itself at 7200rpm then it would be a no brainer. But at 6700rpm, it's tough to tell.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    We have the larger turbo going on our MT E92 so I'll get a feel for the power band with that. If the AT should shift itself at 7200rpm then it would be a no brainer. But at 6700rpm, it's tough to tell.

Which manifold are you going with?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

i believe hes going with an fftec kit
    Turbo lag is the on ramp to the highway which is power.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    Which manifold are you going with?
    The FFTEC 6466 kit.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

lol what happened to "Terry, don't bother trying to get one because we won't sell you one"?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    PM me ill send you mine
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tzu Click here to enlarge
    lol what happened to "Terry, don't bother trying to get one because we won't sell you one"?
    Lol that assumes happy customers with the FFTEC not selling theirs used...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tzu Click here to enlarge
    That might have been Shiv's stance but it seems to me FFTEC just wants to get their hardware out and in use. Which means JB4 support, Cobb support, etc.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

That might have been Shiv's stance but it seems to me FFTEC just wants to get their hardware out and in use. Which means JB4 support, Cobb support, etc.
    So will you be taking the e92 to shift sector if its ready?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmw335iguy Click here to enlarge
    So will you be taking the e92 to shift sector if its ready?
    I don't expect it will be ready to race by next Saturday but if it is I'll definitely take it. Most likely though I'll have to race our slow 135i. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I don't expect it will be ready to race by next Saturday but if it is I'll definitely take it. Most likely though I'll have to race our slow 135i. Click here to enlarge
    Thats bull$#@!. I'm sure your wife will understand if you spend all of next week to get the E92 ready for SS. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Haha, with as many emails as he responds to (every day of the week), I'm surprised he still has a wife! She must hate us!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

She does! Click here to enlarge

I've been adding staff and directing more emails to them in recent weeks, though. The issue with the E92 is the shop doing the install can't even start it until Monday or Tuesday and they have other customers they need to handle as well. So its not likely to even be done by Friday no less tuned and tested for 1/2 mile racing. The same shop has my old engine and it took 3 months for them to get to disassembling it. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

She does! Click here to enlarge

I've been adding staff and directing more emails to them in recent weeks, though. The issue with the E92 is the shop doing the install can't even start it until Monday or Tuesday and they have other customers they need to handle as well. So its not likely to even be done by Friday no less tuned and tested for 1/2 mile racing. The same shop has my old engine and it took 3 months for them to get to disassembling it. Click here to enlarge
    Is it LTBMW?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Yes! I've had them handle all our heavy projects (motor swaps, clutches, etc) and they do great work. But because we're "in the business" I think our work is a lower priority. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes! I've had them handle all our heavy projects (motor swaps, clutches, etc) and they do great work. But because we're "in the business" I think our work is a lower priority. Click here to enlarge

Cool, I've heard they do great work! If no one comes up with an AT solution soon ill be contacting them about a MT swap.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast