Close

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by andy_divers Click here to enlarge
    N54 auto no fluid, no converter = 115lbs
    GM 4L80 no fluid, no converter = 177lbs
    I can live with 60-70# of weight for a bulletproof setup!
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Question

So what would be the cost "ballpark" to do this swap? If this works will you sell pre made kits for cars? Thanks for being one of the few trying to push the autos forward on the n54s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I was at the strip yesterday an my 2nd gear was really hard to get into gear even with new fluid and new short shifter, If my car ends up being dragged intensivly bulletproof auto could be interesting. I would prefer a 6 Speed tough.
    TOY:M/T 2008 135i
    JB4/MHD TREBILA Custom Tune, Hexon RR600 ,Kittyless DP, 5'' Intercooler, PR Inlets, VTT Outlets, VRSF Intake + Tial BOV, BMS Meth Kit, Koni FSD Shocks, 335is 2x Engine Mounts, RTD Shifter, Spec Stage 3 Clutch, MFactory Flywheel, E46 M3 Trans Mounts, Rear Subrame Race Inserts, Black Series Diff bushings + Diff Lockdown, 335is Guibo, Wavetrac LSD, DSS Axles....more to come..

Toy #2: 2005 Miata Mazdaspeed Track/Sunday Drive Slut

Daily: 2014 Audi Q5 TDI

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PLF Click here to enlarge
    I was at the strip yesterday an my 2nd gear was really hard to get into gear even with new fluid and new short shifter, If my car ends up being dragged intensivly bulletproof auto could be interesting. I would prefer a 6 Speed tough.
    So your 6MT 2nd gear synchro could be shot? Is it only tough when shifting fast?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by subaru335i Click here to enlarge
    So your 6MT 2nd gear synchro could be shot? Is it only tough when shifting fast?
    Yes only when shifting very fast but it does not feel like bad synchro like I've seen before (with the associated sounds), its just hard to get in gear... I need to do more testing, also was fisrt time driving the car hard with LSD + Drag Radials
    JB4/MHD TREBILA Custom Tune, Hexon RR600 ,Kittyless DP, 5'' Intercooler, PR Inlets, VTT Outlets, VRSF Intake + Tial BOV, BMS Meth Kit, Koni FSD Shocks, 335is 2x Engine Mounts, RTD Shifter, Spec Stage 3 Clutch, MFactory Flywheel, E46 M3 Trans Mounts, Rear Subrame Race Inserts, Black Series Diff bushings + Diff Lockdown, 335is Guibo, Wavetrac LSD, DSS Axles....more to come..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If you are adamant about going 4L80, there is a 5 and six speed upgrade you can do to them. If you want to use a TCM-2650 controller, you could swap in a 6L80 or 6L90 instead which can be built to big power and is also 6 speed. Food for thought.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 1200+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes only when shifting very fast but it does not feel like bad synchro like I've seen before (with the associated sounds), its just hard to get in gear... I need to do more testing, also was fisrt time driving the car hard with LSD + Drag Radials
    Mine did this when I went to a short shifter. Go back to stock shifter and see if it helps.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I'm going to quote "Sered" from n54tech that mentioned something that sounds interesting, although that I haven't seen brought up in this discussion so I'm curious to how it pans out. I've been reading over anything AT related over the last few years and coming to terms that a viable option may not/will not ever be an option--or--we can get a lucky break somewhere. So anything of use I find I'll post in here so you genlemen can put to the test and debunk or figure out how useful it is.

Sered- "That TCS-2650 control unit is supposed to be able to work with this generation of ZF boxes, so I'm wondering why no one has tried to use one. Couldn't you follow the same proposed steps as a 4L80 or 6L80 swap (flash to manual software, etc) and use the TCS box? Or perhaps since the TCS box is supposed to be able to communicate back the other direction, use it to mimic a real TCU even with the automatic DME software in place?

I too think the stock ZF box can go further than it has, but we can't do transmission programming. Transmission programming on all the domestic products makes a HUGE difference in their ET."

again, just bringing any proposed idea to the table.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dgvithoulkas Click here to enlarge
    I'm going to quote "Sered" from n54tech that mentioned something that sounds interesting, although that I haven't seen brought up in this discussion so I'm curious to how it pans out. I've been reading over anything AT related over the last few years and coming to terms that a viable option may not/will not ever be an option--or--we can get a lucky break somewhere. So anything of use I find I'll post in here so you genlemen can put to the test and debunk or figure out how useful it is.

Sered- "That TCS-2650 control unit is supposed to be able to work with this generation of ZF boxes, so I'm wondering why no one has tried to use one. Couldn't you follow the same proposed steps as a 4L80 or 6L80 swap (flash to manual software, etc) and use the TCS box? Or perhaps since the TCS box is supposed to be able to communicate back the other direction, use it to mimic a real TCU even with the automatic DME software in place?

I too think the stock ZF box can go further than it has, but we can't do transmission programming. Transmission programming on all the domestic products makes a HUGE difference in their ET."

again, just bringing any proposed idea to the table.
    Two posts up I talk about the TCM-2650: https://www.powertraincontrolsolutio...on_Controller/

as well as swapping in a 6L90. I have a whole thread dedicated to this topic: http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...650-controller
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 1200+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Glad this is happening!

I've read a few things about the 6L80s not being as strong as nor as as easy to control as the 4L80s.

They put a 5 or 6 speed valvebody on the 4L80e which provides the ability to split the stock ratios.
    TCI sells a 4L80e with a 850HP rating for $5K
    http://www.tciauto.com/tc/6x-six-spe...ion-850hphtml/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Any updates?
    Mods:-Berkexhaust -alpinaB3flash -CobbAP -Cobb FMIC -ER charge pipe tialQ bov -M3 front sway bar -M3 subframe bushings -M3 front upper and lower control arms -M3 guide rods -M3 rear upper control arms -Mfactory LSD -defiv lockdown kit -CATUNED coilovers /camber plates- HP rear toe arms -sexy BBS Impul Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by andy_divers Click here to enlarge
    Teaser pic Click here to enlarge

Attachment 44491
    Any news on this ??

Auto trans solution is really holding a lot of use from turning some of these cars into serious drag racing cars...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    cp-e GTX3071R Twin turbo kit, cp-e quad exhaust, cp-e fuelbar w/72# injectors, Stage 3 LPFP with ES-7 and ES-3 lines, AEM Fuel Management, Custom Meth kit, Apex EC7 18s wrapped in R888 295s, Stoptech rotors, M3 rep front bumper, m-sport rear end, custom cp-e difuser, M3 side skirts w/CF runners, Custom Headlights, CFS Radiator, Custom Oil and Trans coolers, 1000hp Level10 tranny, DSS Axles, MFactory LSD, DEFIV lockdown kit, M3 refresh kit, Delrin bushings, KWv2's, cp-e project "4doorbmwpower"

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Martial (MHD flasher) is sourcing a factory mechatronics and is going to see about the viability of cracking it in a similar way we cracked the DME. Basically there's hope that's there's a way to bypass the encryption instead of cracking it. We shall see.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Just switch it over to a clutched-automatic... Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Good ole Clutchflite, Ive got one hanging on the wall in the back room

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Oh man, cannot wait for this setup.. off with the XI, on with the 4L80e!
    2009 335XI
    VM Top Mount 6467
    VRSF 7"
    VRSF Chargepipe and Tial BOV
    Custom Exhaust
    lots more but too lazy to type it out..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Updates ?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456