Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Any tips on driving a race car

For my 1 year anniversary i will be going here ... http://www.exoticsracing.com/Racing-...FUFxQgodNnAA3g

for a few hundred dollars $$$ (250) and up .. I get to chose an exotic car or a full out race car.
    my trip will be on 10/1/2013 i will bring my gopro cam but not sure if im allowed to use it ..

if any members have any experience in this track feel free to comment with advice

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Don't crash.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you aint first, you're last.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Don't crash.
    This is the advice.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Go Fast
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Advice for most, especially someone asking, but seriously...don't crash. Sounds simple, but just stay within your own element of having fun, if your'e enjoying the ride then it's worth it, trying to post a good number or letting your competitive edge get in the way could end up bad.

Paddle shifting car or manual? Either way try to slow yourself with downshifts a bit into turns and not be so heavy on the brakes, remember those cars are made for high revs all the time, so don't be afraid to be at 5-6k rpm through a turn and ready to power out of it.
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm guessing you have no circuit driving experience at all.Well then the first advice is indeed do not crash.do not outbreak yourself, do not go off the throttle halfway through a corner and always look through the corner.and remember that the car will go where you look, so do not target fixate or you will run into another car that has spun before you...don't squeeze the steering wheel. It will tire your arms and does nothing for handling.and do remember to have fun.
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    man $#@! yall.... but thanks ... Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Another piece of advice is to not tell them your forum name is wreckz when you get in the car.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Another piece of advice is to not tell them your forum name is wreckz when you get in the car.

Click here to enlarge..true

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What kind of car are you gonna be driving?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Justin@BoostAddictions Click here to enlarge
    What kind of car are you gonna be driving?
    honestly I'm still deciding ...
    im looking @ review right now

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'll give you some advice that I had picked up doing a little bit of gokart and a $#@! ton of sim online racing. Starting all the way back with Grand Prix 2 and ending up on iRacing. People already told you don't crash, yeah, guess what, much easier said than done. Crashing and racing goes together as much as shooting your load and sex. It will happen!!!! If you want to tiptoe around the track in the expensive sports car, then yeah go ahead, it's easy: go fast on the straights, go slow in the turns, and you'll be fine. But if you want to have some fun and go fast then here is what I would recommend:

1. Most important learn the track, that is the most valuable thing you can know on race day. Find a map, and memorize all the turns and which way they go, so you'll be able to recall the layout like it's nothing. I've found lots of maps of LVS but best call them and ask them what track configuration they use for that particular event. What I mean is I know sometimes turn one is a sweeping long left, or sometimes they make it into a chicane. Find out.

2. Once you learn the map and know which way the turns go there really isn't much you can do at this point to get ready, most of the know how will be picked up in the drivers briefing and then you learning on the track as you go. I know there are a few video games that have LVS there, if you can pick one up and learn it that way I definitely recommend it. Video games are a great tool in helping you remember the track and also give you a good idea of the racing line.

3. Next you will have to figure out what kind of driver you are, this you can get an idea of while driving on the track, or in a video game. There are usually 2 types of drivers, fast in slow out, or slow in and fast out. And this is what this means:

FISO = you pretty much brake as late as possible going into a turn, hence killing your momentum and giving you a slow speed in which you will accelerate through the corner. (This is the type of driver I am)
    SIFA = exactly the opposite, you start to brake early and smoothly, you're not going to be hard on the brakes at all, your momentum will help you keep a very high speed and pull you around the corner giving you the best exit accelerating possible.

4. Learn some motor sport terms: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glossar...torsport_terms
    5. Have fun and always, always, aim for the APEX, and stay on the racing line.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by wreckz Click here to enlarge
    honestly I'm still deciding ...
    im looking @ review right now
    I vote 458 Italia or Mp4-12c Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sr20seb Click here to enlarge
    I'll give you some advice that I had picked up doing a little bit of gokart and a $#@! ton of sim online racing. Starting all the way back with Grand Prix 2 and ending up on iRacing. People already told you don't crash, yeah, guess what, much easier said than done. Crashing and racing goes together as much as shooting your load and sex. It will happen!!!! If you want to tiptoe around the track in the expensive sports car, then yeah go ahead, it's easy: go fast on the straights, go slow in the turns, and you'll be fine. But if you want to have some fun and go fast then here is what I would recommend:

1. Most important learn the track, that is the most valuable thing you can know on race day. Find a map, and memorize all the turns and which way they go, so you'll be able to recall the layout like it's nothing. I've found lots of maps of LVS but best call them and ask them what track configuration they use for that particular event. What I mean is I know sometimes turn one is a sweeping long left, or sometimes they make it into a chicane. Find out.

2. Once you learn the map and know which way the turns go there really isn't much you can do at this point to get ready, most of the know how will be picked up in the drivers briefing and then you learning on the track as you go. I know there are a few video games that have LVS there, if you can pick one up and learn it that way I definitely recommend it. Video games are a great tool in helping you remember the track and also give you a good idea of the racing line.

3. Next you will have to figure out what kind of driver you are, this you can get an idea of while driving on the track, or in a video game. There are usually 2 types of drivers, fast in slow out, or slow in and fast out. And this is what this means:

FISO = you pretty much brake as late as possible going into a turn, hence killing your momentum and giving you a slow speed in which you will accelerate through the corner. (This is the type of driver I am)
    SIFA = exactly the opposite, you start to brake early and smoothly, you're not going to be hard on the brakes at all, your momentum will help you keep a very high speed and pull you around the corner giving you the best exit accelerating possible.

4. Learn some motor sport terms: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glossar...torsport_terms
    5. Have fun and always, always, aim for the APEX, and stay on the racing line.
    well said thank you

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Leave your balls at home! You don't need them for your first trackday. What you need is a clear mind and focus on being smooth. No mashing the throttle or jumping on the brakes, no sudden steering wheel movements. Those will only unsettle the car which is a bad thing at the track.

Think about the pedals as feathers. You want to squeeze them. Squeeze firmly but smoothly.

Next, focus on your lines. Don't turn in too early. A late apex is safer and oftenly faster.

And most importantly: have fun!
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    Leave your balls at home! You don't need them for your first trackday. What you need is a clear mind and focus on being smooth. No mashing the throttle or jumping on the brakes, no sudden steering wheel movements. Those will only unsettle the car which is a bad thing at the track.

Think about the pedals as feathers. You want to squeeze them. Squeeze firmly but smoothly.

will do thanks

Next, focus on your lines. Don't turn in too early. A late apex is safer and oftenly faster.

And most importantly: have fun!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    a full out race car
    Do this!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Anyone notice this guys username? jk, had to...
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Im in vegas sippn up watching my super chargers go boltz
    Tomorrow ill be wreck'n tires @ the trackClick here to enlarge
    Updates tomorrow

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Drive it like it owes you money!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Im in vegas sippn up watching my super chargers go boltz
    Tomorrow ill be wreck'n tires @ the trackClick here to enlarge
    Updates tomorrow
    So how did it go?
    What car did you drive?
    Did you break anything?
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DavidV Click here to enlarge
    So how did it go?
    What car did you drive?
    Did you break anything?
    I ended up driving a audi r8 ....
    There was a line for the Ferrari and after ten lap almost every super car @ exotic Speedway was over heating Click here to enlarge
    Just to name a few the lambo/Ferrari/and the MaClaren
    while the two audi r8 went hard up and down that track and it was what was available first
    not what I wanted but man what a beast of a car .. I'll post pictures and a short video tomorrow

I'm already planning a second trip (hopefully not sl-l1t face this time) I'm aiming for that Ferrari

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    you go where you look

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast