Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So now what happens if he ever wants go back to his stock tune?Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    INPA
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    so he uses inpa to flash back to stock config? But in my case where inpa didn't work I wld be SOL right?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    He bought Dinan so his BMW power train warranty was already voided. So, I don't know why he'd need to go back to stock anyway. But there is no reason flashing to stock via INPA won't work.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Mine didn't ask Wedge and I don't know why? Im also out of warranty so I guess it wouldn't matter. I guess Cobb blocks a lot more stuff?
    Last edited by 07Tundra; 09-28-2013 at 07:27 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Honestly I don't know much about the INPA stuff. It's hacked software so I generally refuse to touch it. But I know certain things can be done with it and flashing to stock is one of them. But if you can't flash via INPA then the worst case scnerio would be a bench flash somewhere if things got sideways during a write. FFTEC may still offer them.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I see thanks Terry!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Im having the same issue my voltage is always 0. Forced flash dinan off the car with the inpa. disconnected battery. Got a new BT cable voltage on car reads 13.5 with my BT software. 07 335i. I tried with my mac with windows 7 didnt work tried with regular hp laptop with windows 7 didnt work. I put XP on my mac and trying that still no go. im out of ideas.

my log just keeps saying "FlashModel.Flash ReadMemory: did not receive response will retry"

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ive been waiting for this to pop up^^ has anyone successfully done this with a mac running windows?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tjobeid Click here to enlarge
    Im having the same issue my voltage is always 0. Forced flash dinan off the car with the inpa. disconnected battery. Got a new BT cable voltage on car reads 13.5 with my BT software. 07 335i. I tried with my mac with windows 7 didnt work tried with regular hp laptop with windows 7 didnt work. I put XP on my mac and trying that still no go. im out of ideas.

my log just keeps saying "FlashModel.Flash ReadMemory: did not receive response will retry"
    If you can't get it go then plan B is to buy a used Cobb system and flash that way. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I finally got it to read voltage after a million tries and it reads 12.3v but the read 1/3 takes 20 minutes then goes right through 2 and 3/3 says 240 minutes remaining . Is that right on an 07?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alexx03 Click here to enlarge
    ive been waiting for this to pop up^^ has anyone successfully done this with a mac running windows?
    I do all my coding/flashing via VMware running XP on my Macbook Pro. As long as everything is configured properly, it will work.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nguyenvn Click here to enlarge
    I do all my coding/flashing via VMware running XP on my Macbook Pro. As long as everything is configured properly, it will work.
    okay kool thanks

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tjobeid Click here to enlarge
    I finally got it to read voltage after a million tries and it reads 12.3v but the read 1/3 takes 20 minutes then goes right through 2 and 3/3 says 240 minutes remaining . Is that right on an 07?
    On all my newer computers I got anywhere from 600 minutes to 800 minutes remaining for the read. In the logs there would constantly be requests that would timeout/no response, so the software would request again and then get a response, then the next would time out, then response, timeout response etc etc. I also would typically not get battery voltage... if I did get battery voltage, I would get an odd VIN, things like that.

I fixed it by dragging an old AMD desktop into the garage and flashing with that. Still had the voltage reporting issues, but it only took an hour to read and about 10 minutes for a full write, although getting it to accept a write took a few tries and I actually bricked it (recoverable) by forcing a write and having it fail (just unplugged battery and tried again).

On my '07 I have to do the following things to get a successful write:
    1) Use an AMD computer, happens to be a really old one that I had in a closet
    2) Plug/unplug the cable a few times to get the software to communicate enough to start a write. This has nothing to do with battery voltage showing, although about 1/3 clicks on the information button will get voltage but nothing else.
    3) If it fails, unplug the battery and try to write again. Never had it fail twice in a row.

My suggestion is find another computer for the read, maybe borrow a friends if it's AMD or a cheaper intel netbook or something. I have tried now with 9 computers from 2007 to present, all were nicer intel based computers (Dell, alienware, all gaming laptops mostly) and none of them worked on my 2007. 2 of them worked fine on the 2009 so I never tried the others on it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    sounds like AMD fixes most people problems. This is funny i got 2 retina displa macbook winth windows 7 and xp 16gb ram ssd drives and i cant use them.WTH haha. im about to just go buy a netbook with AMD.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dahwich Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlargeWell, being Friday night and figuring I had the entire weekend to fix any screw ups, I decided to go crazy and write the BMS pump flash without being able to read my ECU. It worked perfectly! It took 32mins. I had the charger on the whole time and had no problems. The car absolutely flies now! The flash really seemed to clear up the horrible timing drops that I was getting before!

Great work Terry!
    Click here to enlarge

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12