Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Vehicle electronics failure?

so i was driving today and the ABS light,DSC light(as if you were holding it tho,all systems off) and the light that comes on when you raise your e-brake came on in yellow.(6MT)
    i got to a friends house and checked the manual and it says vehicle electronics failure....
    the weird thing is that it all keeps going on and off, it did it like 4-5 times now.

i tried to search up something but i got mixed solutions. 1 thread said they unplugged the battery for 20 minutes and all was good, another said it was a rear wheel bearing that has some sensors on it,another said they had to replace the entire battery and the worst story was one about some 2400$ ABS pump!!
    any help would be greatly appreciated!
    i just lowered my car on BC coilovers and got an alignment yesterday if that helps.
    car is an 07 335i e92 FBO if it helps
    thanks!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Sounds like an ABS sensor got ripped out or was routed incorrectly during the install. Check your sensors first.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Itsbrokeagain Click here to enlarge
    Sounds like an ABS sensor got ripped out or was routed incorrectly during the install. Check your sensors first.
    during the coilover install or the alignment?
    i did the coilovers, a shop did the alignment thats why i ask sorry.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    now im confused....in the manual it says when you have a red car on a lift and then the ABS light,DSC light(as if you were holding it tho,all systems off) and the light that comes on when you raise your e-brake came on in yellow(6MT) on your dash it is vehicle electronics failure.

but then it also says when you have the ABS light on where the red car on the lift would be with the ABS light,DSC light(as if you were holding it tho,all systems off) and the light that comes on when you raise your e-brake came on in yellow(6MT) BUT ALSO the flat tire monitor light comes up on the dash that it could be driver stability control systems including ABS,Xdrive, and flat tire monitor have failed.

the problem is that the exact configuration of lights i have on is not in the manual, i have the ABS light in the center screen(where the red cor on lift would be) and on the dash i only have ABS,DSC light(all functions off symbol,circle and triangle with !) and the e-brake light in yellow. no flat tire monitor light. the flat tire monitor light only shows up when i go through the check control menu with the BC stalk on the left side.

im seriously confused now,sorry for the long ass posts but im trying to give the best detail possible so i can get some help and try myself before going to a shop or worst the STEALERship

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alexx03 Click here to enlarge
    now im confused....in the manual it says when you have a red car on a lift and then the ABS light,DSC light(as if you were holding it tho,all systems off) and the light that comes on when you raise your e-brake came on in yellow(6MT) on your dash it is vehicle electronics failure.

but then it also says when you have the ABS light on where the red car on the lift would be with the ABS light,DSC light(as if you were holding it tho,all systems off) and the light that comes on when you raise your e-brake came on in yellow(6MT) BUT ALSO the flat tire monitor light comes up on the dash that it could be driver stability control systems including ABS,Xdrive, and flat tire monitor have failed.

the problem is that the exact configuration of lights i have on is not in the manual, i have the ABS light in the center screen(where the red cor on lift would be) and on the dash i only have ABS,DSC light(all functions off symbol,circle and triangle with !) and the e-brake light in yellow. no flat tire monitor light. the flat tire monitor light only shows up when i go through the check control menu with the BC stalk on the left side.

im seriously confused now,sorry for the long ass posts but im trying to give the best detail possible so i can get some help and try myself before going to a shop or worst the STEALERship
    Well what did you end up doing @alexx03?

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Well what did you end up doing @alexx03?
    got alot of responses on the other site to check battery voltage first,it was fine.
    so next was abs sensor/wheel speed sensor. went to my mechanic to see if his computer could find anything and it was the front right wheel speed sensor. swapped it out and all was fine,guess it just went bad because everything was fine and intact.