Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

More Fun With Cobb OTS E30 Map!

Hey guys,

First Post

I have been lurking around the forums while i was deployed overseas and since ive been back i am putting all the pieces together. I am transitioning from a ford small block 351 on the juice. I was contemplating upgraded turbos but i will wait and see what i can strain out of these stokers.

I am running FBO e30- no meth - Cobb E30 OTS //// 07 335i AT upgraded 455 lpfp

some recent cars ive ran :
    ran a Jb4 %E30 mix - he walked me all the way home and tucked me in and kissed me goodnight.
    ran a stock 03 cobra and he walked me aswell.

I have read the ATR forum a few times but i am a bit hesitant to mess with the timing
    -I tried comparing e30 map to race map and they are identical so that was no help
    -I tried comparing stg 2 agressive to e30 map and there is a huge difference in timing chart-

My question : I Would like to run 50/50 mix. Other than changing the fuel Scalar to 1.213, What would you guys suggest my timing increments should be? at which specific RPM/load? Any other tables to pay attention to?

Any hints/ suggestions are welcomed!!! I tried to convince the wife a PTF tune was needed but she didnt go for it Click here to enlarge$$$.

here is a Log of a run e30- looks solid to me.
    http://www.datazap.me/u/theone23/e30...-9-14-20-21-22

Thanks in advance.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

What gears were these runs in? Where are you located at and what temps? What Intercooler? How did you come up with the mixture of fuel your running, any chance you actually tested the fuels to make sure they were what you were expecting? I see timing corrections across the board after you shifted and the Charge air temps rose 25 plus degrees from when you first started to the end of the run maxing at 135 degrees.
    2008 135i - Cobb AP, JB4 G5 w/2Step&FSB, MS DP's, Berk street exhaust, AMS IC, VTT Inlets, UR Intake, ER CP w/Tial BOV, Spec 3+ & Steel FW, CDV delete, Quaife LSD, DSS Axles, M3 control arms, M3 rear SF bushings, M3 Trans bushings, SS brake lines. Pics

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Everything looks fairly normal to me. A few timing corrections but nothing too crazy. Can you provide a few more details...

Original turbos or have they been replaced under warranty?
    How old are your spark plugs?
    Coils or injectors ever been replaced?

I would like to see another log showing LPFP requested and Actual as well as HPFP Req. and actual.
    Also STFT's and LTFT's.

If everything looks fine in the fueling department i say go ahead and crank up the ethanol % and start to really have some fun.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

My understanding was the E30 map ran a lot more timing than what I see on this log? The log looks clean, but shouldn't this map be targeting 12 degrees of timing at peak?

If you can't stomach making the timing adjustments in ATR, I'd see if PTF could get you squared away. Worth the money since they offer virtually unlimited support.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

OTS E30 should be running 12 degrees starting at 3K upping to 12.5 at 4500 and topping out at 13.5 at 5K at the 180 Load range. This log is close to hitting the load target but the timing isn't close to what it should be. I'm still wondering about those temps though, that seems pretty high to me.
    2008 135i - Cobb AP, JB4 G5 w/2Step&FSB, MS DP's, Berk street exhaust, AMS IC, VTT Inlets, UR Intake, ER CP w/Tial BOV, Spec 3+ & Steel FW, CDV delete, Quaife LSD, DSS Axles, M3 control arms, M3 rear SF bushings, M3 Trans bushings, SS brake lines. Pics

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by brusk Click here to enlarge
    OTS E30 should be running 12 degrees starting at 3K upping to 12.5 at 4500 and topping out at 13.5 at 5K at the 180 Load range. This log is close to hitting the load target but the timing isn't close to what it should be. I'm still wondering about those temps though, that seems pretty high to me.
    That doesnt seem out of the ordinary for me, although i dont know where the OP is located. Here in Florida IAT's skyrocket over a 2 gear pull.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

3rd,4th gear run--- I mixed 3 gallons of e85 to 9.5 gallons 93oct - running VRSF 7"

-45k on the clock,
    -original turbos with wastegates replaced recently by dealer.
    -Texas weather about 95 degrees.
    -Spark plugs are good- 25k on them
    -Coils and injectors have never been changed.

Its raining out here so as soon as i have a chance ill log more runs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TXTT Click here to enlarge
    3rd,4th gear run--- I mixed 3 gallons of e85 to 9.5 gallons 93oct - running VRSF 7"

-45k on the clock,

I had a feeling you had either new turbos or gates, you are exceeding requested boost and getting some mild throttle closures.
    I would suggest throwing in a new set of plugs, these power levels become quite demanding of the oem ignition system, so its best to rule out any weak points ahead of time. Look into the NGK's if you do decide to replace them.

Also, don't be afraid to go add a little more E85 in the next E30 mix. By my calculations you are running around 28% ethanol and you definitely want to be higher not lower in the ethanol %.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

-45k on the clock,

Without measuring the ethanol content I probably would have went another gallon on the E85. I found that the 93 was pretty low content at the stations I filled up in Dallas. Maybe somebody can chime in to why the timing isn't going to what it should. What does the timing show on the Map your looking at?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by brusk Click here to enlarge
    Without measuring the ethanol content I probably would have went another gallon on the E85. I found that the 93 was pretty low content at the stations I filled up in Dallas. Maybe somebody can chime in to why the timing isn't going to what it should. What does the timing show on the Map your looking at?
    If its the OTS map he should be around 13.5* on the top end. Could be related to him exceeding requested boost, shouldn't be IAT related though as the E30 OTS maps don't begin to pull timing until you get over 140*.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

I'm not saying 140* is good but I've seen that before on my similar setup and TX heat also. When it was high 90's out. I did another run different day (high 80's, low 90's), it drops to below 120's.

A bit OT, a stock 03 Cobra walks FBO w e28? I guess I'm back to the drawing board Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I got the ngk plugs on order . I am sure I can get it straight with y'all's guys help.
    The guys with the cobra and 335 are army buddies so the sh#t talking doesn't stop ..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

I have been lurking around the forums while i was deployed overseas
    Just wanted to thank you for your service.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Just wanted to thank you for your service.

Here, here A+
    2005 Porsche 996 TTS RWD - Eurodyne 60-130 in 6.50s
    2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI - Eurodyne 0 - 100 in 10.67s
    2015 McLaren 650S (RHD) - UK - 1/3rd owner yet to drive

Click here to enlarge