Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Some fun with the dyno

Some dyno testing info you guys may find interesting. Too lazy to make a separate thread for each here. Click here to enlarge

91 octane dyno testing: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21382

40-150 automatic trans dyno testing: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21383

Enjoy!
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

wow, 400whp wasn't what i was expecting!

awesome
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    wow, 400whp wasn't what i was expecting!

awesome
    lol, X2. pretty awesome
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

NICE!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

I'm not sure that 400whp would stand up to a few back to back pulls on a standard summer day, but congrats either way. 6mt vs auto is interesting..
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

that 6at flatline testing has confirmed what I have been saying for years now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    that 6at flatline testing has confirmed what I have been saying for years now.
    What have you been saying for years?
    E90 335i 6MT
    JB4 G5
    FBO + Meth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by piele_bps Click here to enlarge
    What have you been saying for years?

that it saps power and slows you down significantly

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes, corect.
    E90 335i 6MT
    JB4 G5
    FBO + Meth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I thought it was fixed on the COBB backend flash? But why not with the BB flash?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

400 WHP on 91 is really nice for the 93-deprived people... Nothing to out there though, been seeing ~420 WHP+ tunes on 93 so it's all inline with the octane capabilities.

The 4->5 shifts on the 6AT are miserable.... Really hope that a trans upgrade (whether it's reprogramming or physical components) can make the trans usable for everybody (stock snails, singles, GTX twins, whatever)
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mykal Click here to enlarge
    I thought it was fixed on the COBB backend flash? But why not with the BB flash?
    Our Cobb flash is a low load version. Gives 5-7 degrees timing post shift. Same as the BB low load back end flash. This was a comparison of our high load flash that gives 10+ degrees post shift but requires redline shifts. I did a similar test on our 135i today. I know what map I'll be running at the next shift sector. Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 09-19-2013 at 05:22 PM.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    been seeing ~420 WHP+ tunes on 93
    Where? I've not seen one unless they were running meth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

im just gunna sit here and wait for more people to ask questions so i dont ask something and seem like a complete idiot..... Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    400 WHP on 91 is really nice for the 93-deprived people... Nothing to out there though, been seeing ~420 WHP+ tunes on 93 so it's all inline with the octane capabilities.
    Yes 400rw on pump is nothing too impressive these days, even on stock downpipes. Just another piece of data for those running the JB4 w/ pump gas back end flash. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Our Cobb flash is a low load version. Gives 5-7 degrees timing post shift. Same as the BB low load back end flash. This was a comparison of our high load flash that gives 10+ degrees post shift but requires redline shifts. I did a similar test on our 135i today. I know what map I'll be running at the next shift sector. Click here to enlarge

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/attach...1&d=1379625005
    Thanks Terry, I didn't know the COBB maps were low load. Looks like I'll be running low load next time at the track too. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

For MTs you'll want high load. But ATs who run a lot of boost, low load is the hot ticket. Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 09-19-2013 at 07:44 PM.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Thanks for sharing Terry. Love the data and attention to detail.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    For MTs you'll want low load. But ATs who run a lot of boost, low load is the hot ticket. Click here to enlarge
    You mean high load for MT?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Yes, typo.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sered Click here to enlarge
    Where? I've not seen one unless they were running meth
    Several of the Bren Tuning cars are over 400 WHP on 93 octane, myself included (~420 WHP). I'm sure several of the BMS COBB/JB4 and PTF are also over 400 WHP -- I mean, my PTF street only tune hit 380 WHP, and Jake tuned it the 1st week of August last year when it was ~100* and humid ($#@! IATs killed us).

Running a solid boost curve (18 psi midrange on health turbos) with a some ignition advance & VANOS modifications could easily put you in the 400 WHP+ with stock turbos, timing correction free.

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well I guess perhaps I'm in the minority by being impressed by this. 400whp is approaching 500hp at the crank. That is a sh$tload of power out of a 3 liter motor! Yeah, it's been done before but it is still neat to see that this kind of power is becoming more commonplace. This helps push the N54 platform.

What I think is even more important is, can the stock turbos sustain this power level while maintaining reasonable longevity?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by eric84405 Click here to enlarge
    What I think is even more important is, can the stock turbos sustain this power level while maintaining reasonable longevity?
    It's def a testament to the N54 motor as a stock package & a mod-able platform...

I've had my Bren tune since March, no turbo related problems -- Never had trouble maintaining the boost curve, no premature wear or WG rattle. Maybe I'm lucky, but it's not like the tune has killed my turbos.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    @benzy89 any independant dyno's or track times to back up Bren's? I'm skeptical of your numbers on his dyno as are many. You can only get so much out of 93, and I remember you saying you were getting timing corrections on COBB's OTS maps.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast