Close

Thread: DIY Hotchkis brace on E90/Spacers for low exhaust

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

DIY Hotchkis brace on E90/Spacers for low exhaust

Saw a thread about people having issues with low exhaust hitting there brace on E92/E90 and de3cided to fix the issue when I got my hotchkis brace. I feel using washers is not the correct choice, using steel strips make the brace as part of the car. On a E90 you will need E92 braces shown below to fit the hotchkis brace. It depends on what exhaust you have you may need more spacers.

parts/Hardware

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

DIY

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    JB4 G5 ISO+BMS flash,Walbro 455 LPFP, Devils Own meth kit W/DO10 & DO7 nozzle's & 4-AN SS lines, BMS OCC, RB turbos W/3.5 N20 sensor, RB valve, BMS DCI, BMS angel eyes, 3" AR kittyless Dps, Strett stage 2 oil-cooler, ER FMIC, ER CP W/Synapse BOV, M3 control arms, meyle HD tie-rods, Wavetrac LSD, BC BR coil-overs, Power-Flex subframe bushings, Cusco Strut Brace, Concept 1 CS-5.0 rims,

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

This is so much better than the other solutions people have come up with, great thinking! Keep the cool DIY projects coming!
    jb4+fbo+meth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dr. G Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is so much better than the other solutions people have come up with, great thinking! Keep the cool DIY projects coming!
    I appreciate that buddy!
    JB4 G5 ISO+BMS flash,Walbro 455 LPFP, Devils Own meth kit W/DO10 & DO7 nozzle's & 4-AN SS lines, BMS OCC, RB turbos W/3.5 N20 sensor, RB valve, BMS DCI, BMS angel eyes, 3" AR kittyless Dps, Strett stage 2 oil-cooler, ER FMIC, ER CP W/Synapse BOV, M3 control arms, meyle HD tie-rods, Wavetrac LSD, BC BR coil-overs, Power-Flex subframe bushings, Cusco Strut Brace, Concept 1 CS-5.0 rims,

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

uhhh what's a hotchkis brace, and what problems have people had with them in the past?

ED: oh an underbody brace? new product? never seen anyone try to fit one anywhere!... cool!
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    uhhh what's a hotchkis brace, and what problems have people had with them in the past?

ED: oh an underbody brace? new product? never seen anyone try to fit one anywhere!... cool!
    basically they don't make it anymore and when trying to fit in E92 the exhaust would hit if you have a aftermarket exhaust. In the E90 sand thing, but you need to other parts also....lit of people bought this brace and had no idea you could make it fit on E90....great brace and made a significant difference in flex...especially when going WOT.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

I have the same brace on my E93. It definitely is so much better than the OEM brace and the weight savings definitely helps with the HOTCHkis brace. I don't know why they stop making them, but I am glad I found a used one years ago....These are very rare and Rob I am glad you listen to me and grabbed it!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    I have the same brace on my E93. It definitely is so much better than the OEM brace and the weight savings definitely helps with the HOTCHkis brace. I don't know why they stop making them, but I am glad I found a used one years ago....These are very rare and Rob I am glad you listen to me and grabbed it!
    I am to my friend!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1499 Post(s)

Moved to 3-Series -> E9X

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    You my friend are the official DIY king. I enjoy looking at your projects.
    Spec2+ Clutch, SS SMFW, BMS backend flash, VRSF DPs, ETS 5" FMIC, ER CP - Tial BOV, N20 3.5 Bar map sensor, BMS OCC, Walbro 255, Wavetrac LSD, Defiv Diff. lockdown kit, UUC EVO3 and DSSR, AFE DCI, H&R Coilovers, M3 Front control arms, rear arms, rear subframe bushings, Rogue Engineering transmission mounts, Michelin PSS 265/35/18 - 235/40/18, Apex ARC-8.