Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Question o2 Sensor Replacement

Recently started getting an SES/CEL on my dash, read the codes with my AP and it appears that my o2 Sensors (Pre & Post Cats) are dying. Naturally the STFTs & AFR are out of whack because it's not reading correctly, so I need to replace them. Does anyone have an "in" or know where I can buy replacement o2 sensors at a fair price??

I've seen some eBay listings (#1 and #2) and a website called Oxygen Sensor World, but am not sure if they're legit or reliable sources.

ANY help is greatly appreciated, just trying to avoid $180 per sensor when I need 4 new ones.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

That blows a high hard one! Post up any good sources you find.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Just bought 2 of these for the front: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It'll save you a few bucks over buying the BMW version where one side is a different color and longer wire.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Universal fit Bosch O2 sensors for downstream. They run around $50 each. And you can use the one listed above by scgt for both upstream. Be careful you don't break them when installing them. The downstream is a little easier but upstream was a huge PITA. Not sure how many miles you have but jb blaster works wonders on getting the old ones out. Also buy the O2 sensor socket it helps.
    07 335i FFTEC 600 Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Recently started getting an SES/CEL on my dash, read the codes with my AP and it appears that my o2 Sensors (Pre & Post Cats) are dying. Naturally the STFTs & AFR are out of whack because it's not reading correctly, so I need to replace them. Does anyone have an "in" or know where I can buy replacement o2 sensors at a fair price??

I've seen some eBay listings (#1 and #2) and a website called Oxygen Sensor World, but am not sure if they're legit or reliable sources.

ANY help is greatly appreciated, just trying to avoid $180 per sensor when I need 4 new ones.
    I'm having all of mine replaced right now. I bought the Bosch 17098 (pre-cat) for $89.52 and Bosch 16795 (post-cat) for $89.32 from Amazon.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Amazon is the way to go on these

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RoyalFlush Click here to enlarge
    I'm having all of mine replaced right now. I bought the Bosch 17098 (pre-cat) for $89.52 and Bosch 16795 (post-cat) for $89.32 from Amazon.
    Although you can use Bosch 17098 for both pre-cats, I was incorrect with using Bosch 16795 for both post-cats. One is Bosch 16795, the other is Bosch 16796. All of them can still be found for the cheapest price on Amazon.