Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Many codes after dealer visit & installing a jb4.

Evening everyone!

About 2 days ago i went to the dealer because my car was losing power when i pressed on the gas & the Service engine soon light will pop out & i the car will start shaking, i had an issue like that before on another car that i used to own & the plugs were wrong, so i was assuming that it was the same case on the car, i have a 2008 e90 335i. Anyways when they did the check up & everything 2 codes came up at least that's what im reading on the receipt 29Cd & 29F3 anyways on the first code they said that they replace all Fuel injectors & that they were calibrate & they also replace the Low pressure sensor for the second code

After i got the car back everything seem fine i pressed on the gas & the car will go with no problem, i wanted to get everything fix before i installed A jb4 G4 (used) that i purchase 2 days ago.

I didn't had a change to install it until today & that's when the problems started again, i plugged the computer to the jb4 & i got the same code 29F3 & the same problem with the power, i started to research & they said that it was a ghost code .. well that's what i understood but some ppl don't have any issues with the same code.

So i tried to delete the code & it worked the SES light will disappear but a few seconds after i press on the gas the same code will come again & with a few more & this is what it show (all this wile the computer connected) 29F3, 29CD, 29CF, 2C2B, 2C2C, 0000 Unknown Fault, and 0000 Unknown fault on top of that the car will shake a lot & in a way you could fell when the car will go bad for example: Floor it around 4500 rpm BANG the SES will pop & the car will go Twerking jajaja.

I guess my questions are is the Jb4 the cause of the problem? because when i put it on map 0 the car will not do it (at first) but then after the light comes up again the whole car is acting up again or is something that it was not fixed at the dealership. I never had a jb4 before until today. i want the car to get fix & i want to let the dealership know about the codes but i don't know if they may take the CPO warranty by they thinking that i have a tune on the car.
    "An optimist is a driver who thinks that empty space at the curb won't have a hydrant beside it."
    Anonymous

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Prolly your spark plugs due to bad injectors. Check spark plugs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Did you talk to @Terry@BMS?

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Did you talk to @Terry@BMS?
    no i didn't i purchased my jb4 from a person on the forums & by researching i found out that he doesn't do support for outside sells.

Anyways i did figure out the problem G5 firmware on a G4 unit >.> silly me... now i'm only getting a misfire on cylinder #2 . on my way to change the spark plugs right now hoping that will fix the problem.
    Last edited by Aguas; 09-20-2013 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Fixing typo.
    "An optimist is a driver who thinks that empty space at the curb won't have a hydrant beside it."
    Anonymous

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You can use then n54tech support section whether or not you bought new. I check there from time to time and we also have a knowledgeable guy that checks it daily to chime in and help out.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Aguas Click here to enlarge
    no i didn't i purchased my jb4 from a person on the forums & by researching i found out that he doesn't do support for outside sells.

Anyways i did figure out the problem G5 firmware on a G4 unit >.> silly me... now i'm only getting a misfire on cylinder #2 . on my way to change the spark plugs right now hoping that will fix the problem.
    He will give priority to customers who purchased new (as he should) but that doesn't mean you will be left out in the cold.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    You can use then n54tech support section whether or not you bought new. I check there from time to time and we also have a knowledgeable guy that checks it daily to chime in and help out.
    Thank you for replying.

i didn't mean to imply that your will not help out, i also know that your company have the Best customer service around but i know that there are people who have actually purchase the unit from BMS & i understand that they have priority, Please my apologize if i offended.

i have use n54tech & i saw that my problem was more common then a penny on the floor so im waiting to get the tool from a guy that lives by my house so i can do the plugs. i hope that's the problem if no i will have to get coils.
    Anonymous

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    He will give priority to customers who purchased new (as he should) but that doesn't mean you will be left out in the cold.
    Totally agree. i have not been left out, there is enough info on this forums to find a solution.
    Anonymous

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    one thing tho... i was having a misfire on cylinder #2 (code 29CE) & i changed the coil from Cylinder #2 to #1 & then i got a misfire on cylinder #3 (code 29CF)..... then i switched the coil #1 to cylinder #3 & i got a misfire on Cylinder #1 (code 29CD) does this means that... well idk what it means.....

So I'm wondering if i have more then 1 bad coil or should i just wait to change the plugs to see what's up?.
    Anonymous

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Everything is good now.. just changed the plugs & problem solve.
    Anonymous