Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Question GIAC stg2 / 2plus

GIAC just released their official stage 2/2plus flash tune. Does anyone plan on running it? How will it affect the sales of the highest priced PNP tune? What do you guys think about BMS being proactive by coming out with a CAN feature that should complement this and other flashes?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    GIAC is a great option for the guys that want more with no hassles. By hassles i mean not having to touch anything themselves. I had a friend that triend a piggyback, but felt it was more than what he wanted, so he sold it, and got the GIAC stg 1, and loves it. If i had not tested the RB's i would have jumped at the chance to test out the 2+ flash.

BMS is cornering the market because they have something for everyone, from the basic, to soon-to-be the most advanced. Products to cater to every consumer, and the customer service to back it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Agreed! I also feel like they aren't threatened by a top of the line flash. They will produce something that works with this flash and gives extra benefits - they will also provide a top of the line PNP tune that is below the cost of the highest tune out there for those that want a PNP for reasons well documented. IMHO, this is the sign of a company that wants to help everyone out (BMS and Terry that is).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Anyone know if OE plans on doing a flash tune that is comparable with GIAC for st2 / plus (w/meth)/ and, with upgraded turbos of all varieties?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Me and my buddy in sweden have run this for about 6 months with great results and no issues. Its a great flash with lots of power all across the powerband. I am running now V4 because of the upgraded turbos (for GIAC flash it would take long time to do me a custom one ) and its working perfectly as well.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by encinitas Click here to enlarge
    Anyone know if OE plans on doing a flash tune that is comparable with GIAC for st2 / plus (w/meth)/ and, with upgraded turbos of all varieties?
    OE Tuning can offer a tune for any setup. They won't be "compatible" with GIAC, each is their own tune.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    These ots maps are ok for a person who doesn't care about maxing out power. Alot of the road course guys seem to run it. Otherwise its sort of slow compared to what you can do with a piggy. This is just my opinion based on the track times and vs visa I've seen. Giacomo always gets left behing against a piggy with similar or less mods.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    GIAC just released their official stage 2/2plus flash tune. Does anyone plan on running it? How will it affect the sales of the highest priced PNP tune? What do you guys think about BMS being proactive by coming out with a CAN feature that should complement this and other flashes?
    Looks like a nice setup and option. I've had a few customers defect to GIAC and there are some things they like more and others they like less. I'll leave the details of those to customers to post if they're so inclined.

But we've taken all that feedback and put some of it in to our upcoming G4 system. @ $529 including full diagnostics and dash displays it's going to be a compelling option out there.

And for those who simply prefer flash tunes, and there are a lot of you out there, we've designed the CT to be your perfect companion tool. It gives you in dash boost/timing displays, a built in DPFIX, shift light, and of course the ability to read/delete codes. All right from the OBDII port.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

I talked to Jeremy of OETuning @ Bimmerstock the other day and picked his brain, He has lots of things he can do for us. Give them a shout. I would like to get up there and have him play with mine, im just way to busy to do anything these days

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks everyone for civilized talkClick here to enlarge I think that what Terry is doing is going to a positive option for anyone that decides to run a flash. He will most likely sell quite a few of these to people, just speculation. It will be interesting to see if anyone copies the CT tool.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well look what just showed up:

Click here to enlarge

Who's next? Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    LOL the flasher uses the same case as our JB+! Click here to enlarge KT35 FTW. Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge