Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

decisions on exhaust

I am having a hard time on deciding how I want to my exhaust. Currently its a single turbo with vband downpipe 3in to dual 2 1/4 I believe. I was thinking of megaphoning it from 3 to 3.5 then dual 4 out the back. I am not sure if there will be room for this ahs anyone else here done 3 or 3.5 all the way to the diff? I still need to do number crunching but I believe doing it the new way will help tremendously. I could be wrong does anyone have experience with it here? Ill be running 26-28 psi.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Help tremendously how?

The vrsf exhaust is 3.5" single to a dual outlet muffler. Would probably keep a good single sound. Dual 3.5" or dual 4" after a ypipe would be overkill (a single 4" outlet is good for >1000hp which you will not be making), useless( even with a big split, you're limited to what the entirety of the pipe can flow, so you wouldn't get much benefit out of it being so large with a small primary pipe), and probably sound like utter $#@! (dividing what should be a single exhaust path from a single turbo will make for an uneven sounding note, and with outlets so large, the volume will be overpowering, making for a blatty raspy droney mess)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    3" VRSF or HPF exhaust..... OR a custom exhaust with some resonators that'll probably be a better bang for buck purchase & could be paired with any rear section you want
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna