Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    656 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Random RB dyno results

Hey guys,

Had a chance today to tune SRanch's "race car" today. He's running E60 now along with meth and ready to rock for Shift Sector. Click here to enlarge
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    things just got real

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Terry - were you guys running out of fuel around 3-4k RPM's? Or do you choose to keep it that lean? Impressive power nonetheless!
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    How light is that thing? Must fly with that power Click here to enlarge
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    656 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Terry - were you guys running out of fuel around 3-4k RPM's? Or do you choose to keep it that lean? Impressive power nonetheless!
    The AFR target is around 13.9:1 down there. Overall flash is almost identical to the "RACE" file on n54tech.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    656 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    How light is that thing? Must fly with that power Click here to enlarge
    Estimated 3220#. Feels pretty strong to me racing around. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    DAMN! Great numbers and HOLY RACECAR HAHA. That thing is gonna haul ass at shift sector. can't wait to see some vids.
    2011 335is DCT, moving to Italy, looking for new car friends Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Are you sure that log represents that dyno graph? LOL Great numbers, just odd to see E60+meth make that much power with leaning out AFR..4th or 5th?

Good luck out there Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Looks like 4th gear from the log. Is he AT or MT? Can't wait to see some vids from SS. I'm trying to go as part of the pit crew if my buddy brings his supercharged C6 vette.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmw335iguy Click here to enlarge
    Looks like 4th gear from the log. Is he AT or MT? Can't wait to see some vids from SS. I'm trying to go as part of the pit crew if my buddy brings his supercharged C6 vette.

gotta be MT. AT cant rev to 7000 without upshifting on its own.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That's really sick. I wonder how much weight he saved with all that stripped out etc. He must fly with that much power.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    wow, that's insane.. keeping power going for that long, where's the usual falloff?! haha
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Practically 500+rwhp from 5k to 7k rpm... sweet.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Is that car gutted just for Shift Sector? Nuts!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    656 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo Click here to enlarge
    Practically 500+rwhp from 5k to 7k rpm... sweet.
    I also did a run testing out his JB4 no lift shifting. Worked nicely. This was at 19psi.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    I also did a run testing out his JB4 no lift shifting. Worked nicely. This was at 19psi.
    $#@! that looks good

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Estimated 3220#. Feels pretty strong to me racing around. Click here to enlarge
    Is that with or without the driver? Also how much fuel?

If it's with the driver that's pretty good but if it's without the driver I'd have though it'd be a little lighter without seats and interior. I race weighted at 1566kg (3452lb) with me in the car (165lbs), 1/8th fuel tank, rear seat delete, lightweight wheels (Forgestar F14s) and otherwise full interior with a BR Racing half cage (maybe an extra 40-50lbs).

Mad power btw Click here to enlarge
    Stuff

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    656 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by froop Click here to enlarge
    Is that with or without the driver? Also how much fuel?

If it's with the driver that's pretty good but if it's without the driver I'd have though it'd be a little lighter without seats and interior. I race weighted at 1566kg (3452lb) with me in the car (165lbs), 1/8th fuel tank, rear seat delete, lightweight wheels (Forgestar F14s) and otherwise full interior with a BR Racing half cage (maybe an extra 40-50lbs).

Mad power btw Click here to enlarge
    Without driver. Last time at the scales he was at 3300#, and then removed 80# including his carpet, speakers, panels, and interior insulation. For comparison my 135i came in at 3260# with some weight reduction but most of the interior in place except for the passenger seat. I'd love to get another 100# off my car but I'm not really willing to give up some of the creature comforts. I may remove the back seats this time around for shift sector though. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thank you Terry for such excellent work and professional customer service again! Can't wait to race!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Great results...car is gonna be a beast at that weight...have fun and be safe at shift sector!
    PERFORMANCE: Cobb AP \ JB4 \ DCI \ AR Downpipes \ CX FMIC \ ER Chargepipe \ Synapse BOV \ KW V2 \ Muffler Delete \ CDV \ ZHP Shifter \ Cyba Scoops
    FUN: LC Lemans 19" \ M3 Front \ Mtech Rear \ JL 10W6 \ ModMyNav \ V1 Hardwired \ LUX H8 \ Gloss Black Trim \ Cyba Quads \ Cyba Mtech Diffuser

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thats amazing! A TRUE 500whp everywhere!
    Change is constant

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Without driver. Last time at the scales he was at 3300#, and then removed 80# including his carpet, speakers, panels, and interior insulation. For comparison my 135i came in at 3260# with some weight reduction but most of the interior in place except for the passenger seat. I'd love to get another 100# off my car but I'm not really willing to give up some of the creature comforts. I may remove the back seats this time around for shift sector though. Click here to enlarge
    I thought it would be lighter as well. My car with full interior and a full tank of petrol weighed in at 1525kgs (3362lbs).
    Only lightening done was wheels and exhaust.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks for the reply Terry!

Maybe he had a full tank of fuel when he last weighed because with 1/8 tank, no window wiper fluid, stock front seats, rear seat delete, full AR/CP-E exhaust and otherwise full interior + half cage my car would have already been under 3300lbs (3287lbs). That means that if I removed the 2 front seats (130lb - ~25lb for a racing seat and mounts) and interior carpet/speakers (80lb) etc my car should theoretically be scraping 3100lb with 1/8 of a fuel tank. ~3050 if I were to remove the half cage. Add a CF boot lid and trunk and it'd be under 3000lb Click here to enlarge. Can't exactly see myself stripping the car interior on my daily driver though Click here to enlarge

You should definitely remove the rear seats, front seat and probably the rear trunk floor (surprisingly heavy) for SS though. I've done quite a bit of rough weighing of things that I've removed when I was doing my 1M interior swap.

Front Seats 30kg each (66lb)
    Rear Seat Bottom Cushion 6-7kg (~13-15lb)
    Rear Seat Back Rest 17kg (~37lb)
    The rear boot floor is like ~3-4kg I think.

That means you could theoretically save ~60kg or 130lb very easily. Then just remove the entire exhaust with open DPs Click here to enlarge

The rear parcel shelf with speakers was only 1.5kg and each rear interior side panel was only 1kg. Hardly worth removing though. I'd rather have the ability to listen to music haha. Each front door interior panel with speaker is 4kg though.

I haven't gotten around to weighing each bit of interior carpet, boot linings etc but I've got a whole bunch of it sitting in my garage. Maybe I'll try and do it later this week.

Back on topic though, I'd really love to see some 0-100kph times on this car.
    Stuff

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    656 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The same night we happened to also weigh a 100% stock 335i MT right down to the runflats and it came in at 3500#. He was 200# lighter via rims, exhaust, seat removal, cowl, etc, which sounds right to me. Everyone had around 1/8th - 1/4 tank of fuel.

What did you weigh 100% stock? 3500# also?
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sick numbers! This nls graph is pretty interesting to me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast