Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

AutoTalent.
    Zolti is the best of the best. That is also where Tightie had his engine built and where Robert is currently rebuilding his engine.
    2009.5 AW E90 335i ZMP - SOLD
    2013 E92 M3 6MT ZCP - Space Grey/Fox Red Click here to enlarge

Want to Buy: 1977-89 Porsche 911 Turbo Coupe (930)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why not the guys that build for HPF?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSpiredM3 Click here to enlarge
    Why not the guys that build for HPF?
    No S65 experience? Don't even know how much $ they would want.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CookieCrisp Click here to enlarge
    AutoTalent.
    Zolti is the best of the best. That is also where Tightie had his engine built and where Robert is currently rebuilding his engine.
    Nice suggestion but uh.. definitely not. I would rather have Evosport 100x.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Fall-Line Motorsports?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    Fall-Line Motorsports?
    Not familiar with them, I'll look them up now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    No S65 experience? Don't even know how much $ they would want.
    He didn't ave experience with the s54 either... and I think the s54 is a trickier motor to build with its thin cylinder walls and hard to get down head. If it were me, I would send it to them and be 100% confident.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Zolti is actualy good, he knows his stuff! He got my headgasket to work once and for all.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TaZaM3 Click here to enlarge
    Zolti is actualy good, he knows his stuff! He got my headgasket to work once and for all.
    I'm sure he is great, not doubting him. That place is a bit crowded though Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

He didn't ave experience with the s54 either... and I think the s54 is a trickier motor to build with its thin cylinder walls and hard to get down head. If it were me, I would send it to them and be 100% confident.
    It won't hurt to contact them, who is the builder?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Not familiar with them, I'll look them up now.
    Posted a link earlier of a shop tour at Fall-Line. http://www.bmwblog.com/2009/02/04/in...e-motorsports/

http://www.fall-linemotorsports.com/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    Thank you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

0 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I think they are coming but this brings up the documentation aspect that I find critical. Two built motors and no details.
    Two built motors, seven months later, no details...doesn't smell right. Whats this about sending tighties motor elsewhere for the build? All the more reason to take your business elsewhere and say goodbye to those clowns once and for all. Your their premier customer and they cant even spend time on your motor what a joke. Tired of reading every project they start and cant finish without a fiasco. I'm glad your finally waking up and seeing it for what it is.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Pious Poodle Click here to enlarge
    Two built motors, seven months later, no details...doesn't smell right. Whats this about sending tighties motor elsewhere for the build? All the more reason to take your business elsewhere and say goodbye to those clowns once and for all. Your their premier customer and they cant even spend time on your motor what a joke. Tired of reading every project they start and cant finish without a fiasco. I'm glad your finally waking up and seeing it for what it is.
    Look, I think you are reading far too much into this.

My focus is building up my vehicle in order to provide documentation and results for the benefit of BimmerBoost members. Unique content is very important in that respect and this is something that no one else will have. Let's be honest, how many built motor stroker built DCT SC M3's are we going to have laying out the entire project and providing results for the BMW community? My focus is utilizing the potential of this project to expand the reach of BimmerBoost and focus on BMW performance. That is what the site is about after all.

Calling them clowns because they are busy is unfair. All these shops outsource their motors, Gintani isn't a motor builder. Alex is busy with his new facility being built and I simply do not have the time to drive down there and follow up on everything. I need the motor in a place that can document every aspect and I don't have to take my time to do so. Gintani does great work, I'm very happy with what they did, but their web presence needs help. I have spent a lot of money and have absolutely 0 documentation to show. HPF on the other hand covers everything to perfection, but they also have been around a lot longer. The same with Bavarian Solutions. A lot of work gets done that is not shown on the forums but since I am in the business of BMW forums obviously I put paramount importance on this aspect.

I'm not saying goodbye to Gintani by an means, simply stating I am no longer sitting around waiting for my motor to get done. I am taking control of this aspect and getting it done as well as seeing who is going to make the effort to do what I want how I want it done. For thousands of dollars, cash, I think this is understood.

This is the breakdown, motor will be built by a company with S65 motor building experience. SC will be done by Gintani, tuning will be done by OE Tuning who already has the base tune for my car and Jeremy is the best on this platform right now, and SSP will complete their work on the tranny. That is all there is to it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

wow Fall-Line's shop is rediculous..if they werent in a place such as Chicago (shudder) I woulda quit my job and went to go work for them....dont tell my boss LOL

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
    wow Fall-Line's shop is rediculous..if they werent in a place such as Chicago (shudder) I woulda quit my job and went to go work for them....dont tell my boss LOL
    It is a ridiculous shop. My car will be fairly close to Chicago so it is a possibility.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

when i read the OP i was going to ask where you live, after reading you last reply, im now going to ask how far are you willing to go in terms of states? if you're in IL do you only want North East shops?
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    when i read the OP i was going to ask where you live, after reading you last reply, im now going to ask how far are you willing to go in terms of states? if you're in IL do you only want North East shops?
    I'm not in IL, I'm in SoCal. My car will be close to IL in the next few weeks.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Fall-line is the shizzle, but I cringe to think of the cost. I think IND uses them for select services. Please keep us up to date of the cost quotes as you move along- that would satisfy a lot of curiosity.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by NatAsp-M3 Click here to enlarge
    Fall-line is the shizzle, but I cringe to think of the cost. I think IND uses them for select services. Please keep us up to date of the cost quotes as you move along- that would satisfy a lot of curiosity.
    I don't know if I necessarily want to share how much I spend, people seem to be way too hung up on money as is.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I know Josh's car runs great. he drives it every day and gets on it a lot.
    My wife drives her Honda everyday too! You know what I'm saying... Why would Gintani build a special car like that and not post dyno results from their own dyno?
    09 Alpine White E92 M-DCT / ESS VT2 Supercharger w/ NITROUS / Borla Race Exhaust
    10.87 @ 131 mph in the 1/4 Mile
    60-130 MPH in 6.23 secs (Nitrous)
    60-130 MPH in 6.87 secs (Boost only @ 7.5psi)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

DIY for the win...ha

good luck with your seach

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mikewads Click here to enlarge
    My wife drives her Honda everyday too! You know what I'm saying... Why would Gintani build a special car like that and not post dyno results from their own dyno?
    I have tons of dynos of my car, I'm just waiting for the right time to post it. I've done tons of upgrades from the time I've dynoed until now. I rarely ever post on forums anymore, I just browse and stay out of the drama. It's a car, noting else in my world anymore.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

I'm with mike on this one. either HPF or i'd leave it at Gintani.

but idk why there still are no details on josh's and alex's stage 3 car.. :/ still "patiently" waiting.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mavrick151 Click here to enlarge
    Fall-Line Motorsports
    Dinan builds motors now for Fall-line.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast