Close

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Until I get this engine this weekend, I'm not visualizing this very well just yet.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Subscribed Click here to enlarge hope this works out

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well I've got it up and running. And I have to say it runs awesome! I'm seeing about 8lbs boost in second gear (auto), and idles and drives smooth as stock.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You can't make post like that without details, pics, etc!!! I hope you documented things because I no longer get responses from the eBay guy, just his customers only reiterating what a POS he is.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I figured out the supercharger,but having a little trouble posting pictures. Lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Photobucket is your friend for showing massive amounts of pics in one thread. I have the app on my phone, so I can click upwards of 30 pics at a time and upload them straight to PB. Email them to m5james if you'd like and then I'll upload them onto my PB...send EVERYTHING because I need to decide if I wanna make everything I have work or attempt to start from scratch before I have the SC send out for rebuild.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes, let's see those pics asap. Very exciting news.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    More info please pics and better instructions and tips would be greatly appreciated lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm not sure if all the issues have been resolved trying to get this to work.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Very interested to see how this works out, looks like there's a lot of potential once all the kinks get worked out. This is a close contender vs. Swapping in a LSX, considering the timing chain guides on my TU have been done already.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

I've been driving it for three weeks now and it's completely reliable. I just ordered a smaller blower pulley so we'll see what it does with more boost. I can't post pics from my phone or iPad and my computer has a virus. I sent m5james some pics maybe he can post them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I haven't gotten any pics to m5james@yahoo.com as of yet. I'm looking forward to it though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I sent them again.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sorry for the delay, had a wee bit of a spark plug issue on my other truck and melted 5 plugs while racing a GT500. I won, but it's clear I need more tuning Click here to enlarge

Anyways, here are the pics. I really wanna know specific details like how you're getting fuel (piggyback, fuel cut defenser), if you had to do a huge mess of wiring relocation like in the directions Jens gave me (it should be on a PDF within this thread somewhere), etc. I've seen that air-to-water intercooler before as it was something I was looking into getting for my truck as an upgrade from the single pass intercooler I have now.
    Attached Images Attached Images           

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wow... you got it running!

So how does it feel?

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks for posting my pics. I put some plugs one heat range colder in mine as well. I am using an adjustable fmu for fuleing with the help of aem air fuel Gage. It runs great! Feels like my old big block chevy except way better fuel miliage. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I test drove Jaguar 2005 XJR with an Eaton super charger; at 70-mph cruise the computer read out showed a steady 28-mpg, it had a by pass valve that reduced SC drag at low throttle cruise conditions.

Eaton is the most popular SC OEM supplier Ford has used them since the SC Thunderbird's in 90's, the Ford spec that Eaton had to build too at that time meant one had to replace it every 60,000-miles since that version was not rebuildable (but only cost $1,200.00 to replace with new)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Toolman Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for posting my pics. I put some plugs one heat range colder in mine as well. I am using an adjustable fmu for fuleing with the help of aem air fuel Gage. It runs great! Feels like my old big block chevy except way better fuel miliage. Click here to enlarge

Did you see the PDF that was sent to me by Jens, the eBay seller? It had a handful of pics, but the English to German translation left a lot to be desired when trying to understand WTH he was doing. I hope you documented it better and/or can redo what he's done in the PDF so it can be more easily understood before I start doing mine. I can document the parts I have, but he did include a small water-to-air intercooler, a bunch of hosing, an rising rate fuel pressure regulator and something that connects to the MAF to prevent it from cutting fuel when seeing too much boost. I hope you can help salvage the $4200 mistake I bought.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I did see the PDF but there isn't really anything comparable with his kit and the way I did mine. Even his older kit with the jag intercoolers was questionable. I will shurely help anyway I can but honestly even if you get that setup to work I doubt it will flow much air or cool it. The factory jag setup really is a nice piece of engineering and only makes sense to use as much as possible. As far as mass air goes. I stepped up to a 4 in. Filter and put it in the elbo. Helps flo more air and with calibration.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hey.
    I've also bought this kit, did it a few years ago. It has been on a shelf, not used, because I build a track car, and that takes time.
    I also struggle with the $#@!ty translation. What I need the most of all is information on how to connect the coolant hoses ...
    Have any of you created an diagram of this?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The outside is from heat exchanger, inside is to the pump inlet.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks.
    But do anyone got a good translation of the installation or the german version?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I'm going to be attempting to start mocking the Stage 6 kit this weekend, but what escapes me still is all the wiring rerouting and relocation, I've got a couple pipes for coolant that I'm uncertain how they need to be installed, then even after I get it physically mounted to the spare engine I have, it's still the electronics he provided. Toolman, I may have asked before, but did you document this with pics and notes at all...I hope you didn't work this A-Z without noting what you did. In a perfect world, it'd be awesome if you duplicated your adapters and then rewrote the instructions in clear English.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I didn't document any thing yet but I know what I did. I am thinking about putting a kit together if there is enough interest. as far as the wiring goes, I split it up so I could run as much as possible thru the middle under the supercharger. I did have to splice into a few to make them a little longer. Not sure about what coolant pipe your talking about, secondary air pipe? I made plugs with O-rings and got rid of that system all together. There was no way I was going to put anything like that pile of copper fittings that came in your kit on the front of my engine.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That's the thing...I'd love real suggestions and documentation so that I know what I need, don't need, need to modify, etc. I expected to be able to install his kit, then improve on it as o saw fit, instead I got a spray painted supercharger vs one that ess fully rebuilt, a plenum that doesn't even line up to the intake ports or bolts holes to even attach it to the engine itself, then the basic bolts he gave to attach the supercharger to the plenum I don't believe are strong enough to hold it up once the belt is attached. While halfassed, I'd like to believe that he time he spent to do all the welding and fiberglass work (he could have sent me an empty box with bricks) that there might be some validity to him saying the stuff he custom made will flow better than the stock Jaguar setup. I'm going to get the plenum mounted this weekend, then if I feel it could be made worthy of using, I'll look into getting the supercharger properly rebuilt. If I can't get the plenum working, that's when I'll look into buying the Jaguar stock setup I'm missing and I'll bed your adapters.

Would you be integrated interested in doing it his how Jens did in that he supplied the supercharger, electronics, etc or do you wanna keep it simple by just selling instructions and adapters, leaving us to source our own supercharger, getting it rebuild, electronics and hosing, etc. I'd think the latter would be easier for you so long as the instructions are very detailed, then you've got no liability and it's not going to take you away from your real job.

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast