Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by crypticc Click here to enlarge
    just FYI - if you have issues it could be a number of things but lookout for :
    USB 2 not 3
    Use the official ftdi serial drivers.
    http://www.ftdichip.com/FTDrivers.htm

Windows driver pref for ftdi after plugging in the cable needs a few changes, e.g. FIFO and error correction removed.
    ODB.ini needs to be edited to match com port defined in ftdi
    Only kinda know what you are talking about. I do know my computer is from 2007 and only has USB1, i'm pretty sure.
    2007 Jet Black E90 335xi "The Mistress" / PTF-Cobb / E50 / FuelitS2 / 5" Stepped FMIC / Synapse BOV and Charge Pipe / Alpina Flash / Muffler Delete w/ 4in Black Tips / DCI / 19x8.5 Satin Black Squared Enkei Raijins / 245/35/r19 Bridgestone Potenza S04 Pole Position / 20mm Rear Spacers / 2 10" Rockford Fosgate's Added to Logic7 (15 total speakers!)
    [IMG]Click here to enlarge[/IMG]

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Here's the installer for the BMW tools (INPA, EDIABAS, NCS-Expert, and WinKFP) : https://mega.co.nz/#!s5MAURoT!IyJTqR...pRiqdU6XDrv6hQ

This should be everything you need to get it going. Basically follow the steps to install, then follow the DIY. When it gets to the point to edit in NCSExpert, use the BMW Coding tool instead to make the changes. Attached below is also a consolidated list of the options you can code.

Let me know if you have any trouble Click here to enlarge
    Attached Files Attached Files
    H O O N

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Here's a more up to date SP-Daten file set, V49.7 : https://mega.co.nz/#!9xpgwDKC!ZuwSXw...PvBok_msiEN4-A

IIRC latest version is 50.3 but I haven't been able to locate a copy yet.
    H O O N

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Snertz!!! You are awesome, thank you very much. I have successfully upgraded the old laptop to Windows 7 professional, and once I get a new battery (the thing dies if it isn't plugged in) I will be purchasing the INPA cable and downloading all the necessary programs you have laid out for me.
    Do you (or anyone) see any potential issues with using an old Dell to do all of this (code, diag, etc)?
    THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2007 Jet Black E90 335xi "The Mistress" / PTF-Cobb / E50 / FuelitS2 / 5" Stepped FMIC / Synapse BOV and Charge Pipe / Alpina Flash / Muffler Delete w/ 4in Black Tips / DCI / 19x8.5 Satin Black Squared Enkei Raijins / 245/35/r19 Bridgestone Potenza S04 Pole Position / 20mm Rear Spacers / 2 10" Rockford Fosgate's Added to Logic7 (15 total speakers!)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by I6+TT=FTW Click here to enlarge
    Snertz!!! You are awesome, thank you very much. I have successfully upgraded the old laptop to Windows 7 professional, and once I get a new battery (the thing dies if it isn't plugged in) I will be purchasing the INPA cable and downloading all the necessary programs you have laid out for me.
    Do you (or anyone) see any potential issues with using an old Dell to do all of this (code, diag, etc)?
    THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    @Snertz is alright

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    downloaded INPA, but it keeps freezing. When it doesn't freeze everything is in german...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12