Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

help with e90 coding....

Good morning BMW people.

I finally want to correct some issues with this car, and am trying to figure out the best way to go about it.

I have an Adaptive Headlight Warning light on (I know the problem and could care less if the headlights adjust around corners, so i want to code that out).

I want to remove the seatbelt dinging (my dog sets it off sitting in the passenger seat, very annoying)

I want my angel eyes to be my daytime running light.

I want the car to beep or make some sort of noise when i lock and unlock the car (currently silent).

And any other suggestions for popular coding features.

Now HOW should I do all of this? Any vendors doing this remotely? Because honestly every time I read a coding thread I just get confused.

I have found a thread for someone sort of local that does free coding, but questioning that since I have heard the 2007 models are weird and have to be done a little differently (could be way off on that).

Your help is much appreciated.
    2007 Jet Black E90 335xi "The Mistress" / PTF-Cobb / E50 / FuelitS2 / 5" Stepped FMIC / Synapse BOV and Charge Pipe / Alpina Flash / Muffler Delete w/ 4in Black Tips / DCI / 19x8.5 Satin Black Squared Enkei Raijins / 245/35/r19 Bridgestone Potenza S04 Pole Position / 20mm Rear Spacers / 2 10" Rockford Fosgate's Added to Logic7 (15 total speakers!)
    [IMG]Click here to enlarge[/IMG]

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

The dealer should be able to do a lot of that for you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    50 pound a pop officially I was told by a dealer. I argued to get the folding mirrors some as should have been part of the deal. Which is why I bought the cable and learnt how to do it. The trickiest part is waiting for the cable from one stop. And downloading the files. Vassillov has a smaller sub-set he created to allow injector coding ready to unzip into the right folders; is older inpa version but should still work for moist of what you want to code.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

...Folding mirrors "done"...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by crypticc Click here to enlarge
    50 pound a pop officially I was told by a dealer. I argued to get the folding mirrors some as should have been part of the deal. Which is why I bought the cable and learnt how to do it. The trickiest part is waiting for the cable from one stop. And downloading the files. Vassillov has a smaller sub-set he created to allow injector coding ready to unzip into the right folders; is older inpa version but should still work for moist of what you want to code.
    Wait did you do the folding mirrors yourself? @crypticc

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Yeah but turned out in one of my service complaints they did and just didnt tell me.

Use Ncs expert
    Cas module komfortschliessung_FB
    NFRM module Spiegel_Komfort_einklapp or Asp_komfort_einklapp
    All set to active

Found here but you dont need all the settings, just the ones i mentioned.

Chris

Http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...ly-use-Key-Fob

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Sweet....

Recommending cable/place to get required programs from?

My dealer did tell me they could code for me for $120. EXCEPT I did ask them if they could remove the adaptive headlight warning light (i know the little motor is bad on the driver side, but just paid too much to fix the passenger side xenon, and i really don't care if the lights turn with me, as long as they work), and they can't. BMW won't even give them access to the part of the programming necessary to change that (at least that is what he told me).
    2007 Jet Black E90 335xi "The Mistress" / PTF-Cobb / E50 / FuelitS2 / 5" Stepped FMIC / Synapse BOV and Charge Pipe / Alpina Flash / Muffler Delete w/ 4in Black Tips / DCI / 19x8.5 Satin Black Squared Enkei Raijins / 245/35/r19 Bridgestone Potenza S04 Pole Position / 20mm Rear Spacers / 2 10" Rockford Fosgate's Added to Logic7 (15 total speakers!)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I want to remove the seatbelt dinging (my dog sets it off sitting in the passenger seat, very annoying) - You need add to FA +OI12 and kode ABG.

X5M/X6M Launch control 3000RPM
    Performance ECU Tuning Software

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Even easier - Add +NSBK and code NFRM and change in FA mark USA to ECE and code Cas.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Hatake Click here to enlarge
    I want to remove the seatbelt dinging (my dog sets it off sitting in the passenger seat, very annoying) - You need add to FA +OI12 and kode ABG.

You aren't making much sense and feel like a spammer.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Even easier - Add +NSBK and code NFRM and change in FA mark USA to ECE and code Cas.
    Exact reason I am worried to do this myself, this makes no sense whatsoever.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I live in Sait-Pertersburg if you come to me I will encode all of the options for free.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

It's hard to explain what kind of cable to buy and how to install the NCS program on your computer. I can only tell which options to add and what to code ECU.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

I live in Sait-Pertersburg if you come to me I will encode all of the options for free.
    He lives in Colorado how would he come to you?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

If you buy the cable and install the program I will encode your car through TeamViewer

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

If you pay your way then I'll be there. I think the New Year holidays to come to Mama in Jacksonville. You can come there?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

If you pay your way then I'll be there. I think the New Year holidays to come to Mama in Jacksonville. You can come there?
    This comes off so freaking weird...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This comes off so freaking weird...
    Very weird....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

The recommended cable to get is this one : http://www.one-stop-electronics.com/...&product_id=16

There are cheaper options available on ebay and such but they have a very high failure rate.

I have all the programs and a DIY PDF on my laptop at home, I'll elaborate and post up what you need to code your car, later tonight.

Main tools you want to get are INPA, EDIABAS, NCSExpert, the BMW coding tool (unless you feel like digging through a txt doc that's in german), and the latest SP Daten files for NCSE. These are usually available via bittorrent or the like but are a PITA to locate. I'll try and host the files I have to make life easier for you Click here to enlarge
    H O O N

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Snertz Click here to enlarge
    The recommended cable to get is this one : http://www.one-stop-electronics.com/...&product_id=16

There are cheaper options available on ebay and such but they have a very high failure rate.

I have all the programs and a DIY PDF on my laptop at home, I'll elaborate and post up what you need to code your car, later tonight.

Main tools you want to get are INPA, EDIABAS, NCSExpert, the BMW coding tool (unless you feel like digging through a txt doc that's in german), and the latest SP Daten files for NCSE. These are usually available via bittorrent or the like but are a PITA to locate. I'll try and host the files I have to make life easier for you Click here to enlarge
    Dude!!! You are awesome! I figured I would need the INPA cable, just wasn't sure about the programs, etc. Thank you very very much!

another dumb question, aside from coding, what else are people using the INPA cable for? Is that what you BB guys are using to flash?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

As far as I'm aware, the INPA K+DCAN cables are only being used for coding. At the moment the BB Flash is only done with the Bavarian Technic cable, but hopefully will be ported over to using the K+DCAN cables sometime in the near future.

Sorry I wasn't able to get the files up last night, had to do some last minute prep work on the car for H2Oi this weekend, I'll try and get to it tonight.

In the meanwhile, here's the DIY and coding tool. Credit for these goes to some folks over at BMWCoding.com, the coding tool does the work of updating the .TRC/creating the .MAN file. It's also got a handy search function.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    H O O N

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Snertz Click here to enlarge
    As far as I'm aware, the INPA K+DCAN cables are only being used for coding. At the moment the BB Flash is only done with the Bavarian Technic cable, but hopefully will be ported over to using the K+DCAN cables sometime in the near future.

Sorry I wasn't able to get the files up last night, had to do some last minute prep work on the car for H2Oi this weekend, I'll try and get to it tonight.

In the meanwhile, here's the DIY and coding tool. Credit for these goes to some folks over at BMWCoding.com, the coding tool does the work of updating the .TRC/creating the .MAN file. It's also got a handy search function.
    Thank you very much for everything you have posted. I have a legitimate question now. If an INPA cable is like $100, plus all the time needed to download programs/software, would it really be worth it if the dealer is offering to do whatever coding I want (except the adaptive warning thing removed) for $120?
    And can you remove the adaptive headlight warning with these programs?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by I6+TT=FTW Click here to enlarge
    Thank you very much for everything you have posted. I have a legitimate question now. If an INPA cable is like $100, plus all the time needed to download programs/software, would it really be worth it if the dealer is offering to do whatever coding I want (except the adaptive warning thing removed) for $120?
    And can you remove the adaptive headlight warning with these programs?
    The advantage to having the cable and the software is if you ever want to diagnose your car, you can do it for nothing because you already have all of the equipment. The coding cable is the same as the diagnosis cable, you just have to us the INPA software package. If you are just the kind of person who would rather take it to an indy or the dealer if you have a problem, maybe $120 to code the car isn't a bad deal when you consider the upfront monetary and time costs associated with doing it yourself.
    Eppur si muove.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajm8127 Click here to enlarge
    The advantage to having the cable and the software is if you ever want to diagnose your car, you can do it for nothing because you already have all of the equipment. The coding cable is the same as the diagnosis cable, you just have to us the INPA software package. If you are just the kind of person who would rather take it to an indy or the dealer if you have a problem, maybe $120 to code the car isn't a bad deal when you consider the upfront monetary and time costs associated with doing it yourself.
    Didn't even think of the diag stuff. I think it is time to finally put get my laptop back in working order (wipe it clean, harddrive is completely full of college crap) and turn it into my car computer.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

just FYI - if you have issues it could be a number of things but lookout for :
    USB 2 not 3
    Use the official ftdi serial drivers.
    http://www.ftdichip.com/FTDrivers.htm

Windows driver pref for ftdi after plugging in the cable needs a few changes, e.g. FIFO and error correction removed.
    ODB.ini needs to be edited to match com port defined in ftdi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast