Close

Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Boost Leak?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    46
    Rep Points
    149.3
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No

    Boost Leak?

    Boost is staying ~2.5 psi under target at red line. Could it be a boost leak?

    http://datazap.me/u/bimmer305/9-7-e30?1-8-9-13


    Click here to enlarge

    http://datazap.me/u/bimmer305/9-7-wg...g-load?1-7-8-9

    Click here to enlarge
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Cobb E30 / DCI / VRSF Downpipes / VRSF 7" Intercooler / Walbro LPFP / E85

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Tallahassee
    Posts
    1,484
    Rep Points
    -17.8
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Normal. Your load tapers on the top end, and the WGDC isn't maxed.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    46
    Rep Points
    149.3
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Company Click here to enlarge
    Normal. Your load tapers on the top end, and the WGDC isn't maxed.
    Thanks

    BTW, I used the WGDC base table and D-Factor multiplier tables from the Stage 2+ map your uploaded, and it helped my overshooting at low rpm and also lowered WGDC while still keeping up with requested load.
    I'll do some more testing and post logs later on.

    Thank you.
    Cobb E30 / DCI / VRSF Downpipes / VRSF 7" Intercooler / Walbro LPFP / E85

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Tallahassee
    Posts
    1,484
    Rep Points
    -17.8
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bimmer305 Click here to enlarge
    Thanks

    BTW, I used the WGDC base table and D-Factor multiplier tables from the Stage 2+ map your uploaded, and it helped my overshooting at low rpm and also lowered WGDC while still keeping up with requested load.
    I'll do some more testing and post logs later on.

    Thank you.
    Sweet!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Points
    2,882.3
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    29


    Yes Reputation No
    Timing flatline is killing you in 3rd gear there. Your boost is fairly on target in 3rd, its normal for it to be a few psi under requested in 1st and 2nd because the engine is not under the same amount of load. 3+ should be within 1 psi or so.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

    Click here to enlarge

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    46
    Rep Points
    149.3
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Timing flatline is killing you in 3rd gear there. Your boost is fairly on target in 3rd, its normal for it to be a few psi under requested in 1st and 2nd because the engine is not under the same amount of load. 3+ should be within 1 psi or so.
    You mean 5th gear right? Logs are 3-5 gear.

    And yes, 5th gear is killing me. BuraQ was helping me with it but we haven't found a solution yet.
    Cobb E30 / DCI / VRSF Downpipes / VRSF 7" Intercooler / Walbro LPFP / E85

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Points
    2,882.3
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    29


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bimmer305 Click here to enlarge
    You mean 5th gear right? Logs are 3-5 gear.

    And yes, 5th gear is killing me. BuraQ was helping me with it but we haven't found a solution yet.
    Ah, i assumed that was 3rd gear, my bad. Do you already have the alpina trans flash? Outside of running a Jb4 tune stack, there doesn't seem to be much else that helps in the flat line department.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

    Click here to enlarge

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Tallahassee
    Posts
    1,484
    Rep Points
    -17.8
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bimmer305 Click here to enlarge
    You mean 5th gear right? Logs are 3-5 gear.

    And yes, 5th gear is killing me. BuraQ was helping me with it but we haven't found a solution yet.
    It's because the only way to eliminate it is with a piggy stack on an AT as of right now. Alpina flash dousn't do much for the issue unless you are deep in 5th gear.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •