Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

New Datazap File - Please Take a Look at My PTF E40 Logs

Hi,

I loaded a few PTF E40 logs onto JPSimon's new Datazap.me website - great stuff JP!
    Click here to enlargehttp://datazap.me/u/jeffman/ptf-e40-...-4-run-3?1-3-7

Looks like I have some timing issues...I'm running ca. E40 with 93 octane. "Stage 1+" (DCI + Helix FMIC). Alpina B Flash AT. Any suggestions ?Click here to enlarge
    2008 E90 335xi AT 57K MILES
    MHD CUSTOM E50, N20 TMAP, FUEL-IT STG 2 LPFP, cPE CHARGE PIPE, HELIX IC, FORGE DV, BMS DCI, BMS T-STAT DELETE, BMS OCC, RB PCV, KW-V1 COILOVERS, APEX ARC-8, 235/265 MICHELIN PSS, ALPINA B3 TCU, SCOOPS
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

@dzenno @jake Any suggestions?
    MHD CUSTOM E50, N20 TMAP, FUEL-IT STG 2 LPFP, cPE CHARGE PIPE, HELIX IC, FORGE DV, BMS DCI, BMS T-STAT DELETE, BMS OCC, RB PCV, KW-V1 COILOVERS, APEX ARC-8, 235/265 MICHELIN PSS, ALPINA B3 TCU, SCOOPS
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Doesn't look bad to me. A couple corrections during the shifts and #1 looks noisey but nothing I'd be concerned with, ESPECIALLY for an AT car.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

I would start looking into a LPFP upgrade, it's dropping a but below 50psi when target is 72. Looks look pretty good, fuel trims are a bit on the high side but nothing dramatic.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Thanks. It seems that there is a lot more time between shifts at 6000 rpm, like a half second delay. Anyway to reduce shift time?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Trade your car for a 6MT Click here to enlarge
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

You're right about the LPFP - it threw a code during these pulls. But the 0.5 second "timing pause" between shifts is what is bothering me the most. Funny, I don't see such a huge timing pause when shifting at 3,000 rpm. (It feels like a DTC shifting with the Alpina B TCU at lower RPMs). Perhaps there's an AT torque limit table that's kicking in? I'd sure like to adjust something so that it shifts as quickly at 6,000 rpm as it does at 3,000 rpm. Anybody have any ideas? @dzenno?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Hi @Jeffman, except for the LPFP I don't see major concerns. I'd swap the LPFP for either a new OEM or add an inline Walbro 255 to help it. I'm not a huge supporter of the OEM to Walbro 455 LPH swap as many if not all the people that I know that have run this have had issues with one thing or another and ended up getting stranded on the side of the road getting the car towed to their shops to have it looked at again, at least once. If you'll go for the Walbro 455 swap into the OEM bucket make sure it is not half assed and not rushed and everything is done 110% right. That one people really shouldn't be rushing with.

Shift speed wise we currently don't have the means to change it on the flash side Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@PTF Click here to enlarge
    Hi @Jeffman, except for the LPFP I don't see major concerns. I'd swap the LPFP for either a new OEM or add an inline Walbro 255 to help it. I'm not a huge supporter of the OEM to Walbro 455 LPH swap as many if not all the people that I know that have run this have had issues with one thing or another and ended up getting stranded on the side of the road getting the car towed to their shops to have it looked at again, at least once. If you'll go for the Walbro 455 swap into the OEM bucket make sure it is not half assed and not rushed and everything is done 110% right. That one people really shouldn't be rushing with.

Shift speed wise we currently don't have the means to change it on the flash side Click here to enlarge
    Thank you, sir. I highly respect your sage advice! I'll look into installing an inline Walbro 255. And if anyone has any ideas about improving 6AT ZF 6HP21 shift speed at high torque/rpm please let me know.