Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Thoughts on buying this car. was lemon lawed in CA

I just looked over the carfax report on a 2010 335d with 54K i'm looking at and it was bought back by BMW for lemon law. Now I know some cars are lemons and some problems the dealerships just suck at figuring out. It was a CA car and IMO people in CA are a little pickier than say the south. I don't what the symptoms were other than check engine light came on but I know it was in several times where through the process replaced the intake manifold gaskets, reprogrammed the DDE, replaced intake manifold with flap controls, replaced injectors, Replaced the DDE. Now according the BMW the last go around of replacing the DDE and injectors I guess fixed the issue but the customer decided they were done with the car. The car was a lease at 54K miles and the problems started happening at 46K miles.

Should this be a major concern? I'm hoping somebody here knows what problem they were trying to fix.

With a lemon law'd history how much should that affect the value now?
    2008 135i - Cobb AP, JB4 G5 w/2Step&FSB, MS DP's, Berk street exhaust, AMS IC, VTT Inlets, UR Intake, ER CP w/Tial BOV, Spec 3+ & Steel FW, CDV delete, Quaife LSD, DSS Axles, M3 control arms, M3 rear SF bushings, M3 Trans bushings, SS brake lines. Pics

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No more 135?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm keeping it but it mostly sits in the garage waiting for more performance parts. Some chic pulled in front of me and totaled my beater Corolla so looking for something better. Stupid POS never got the gas mileage it was supposed to. Did some basic figures on the 5 year cost of buying one of these used vs a new econo POS it comes out to be about the same so I can either have a lower monthly payment and lose it at the end or have a higher payment and have a nicer car.
    2008 135i - Cobb AP, JB4 G5 w/2Step&FSB, MS DP's, Berk street exhaust, AMS IC, VTT Inlets, UR Intake, ER CP w/Tial BOV, Spec 3+ & Steel FW, CDV delete, Quaife LSD, DSS Axles, M3 control arms, M3 rear SF bushings, M3 Trans bushings, SS brake lines. Pics

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Brusk as I mentioned before in the other forum be carefull make sure ALL issues are taken care off by BMW and NOT sandlot STEALERSHIP!! carefull amigo