Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

My little 323i vs C230 Sport

Well sorry to disappoint, but this obviously isn't going to be some awesome kill story, but I just thought it would be fun to share.

On my way home from class a newer looking Mercedes was behind me as we exited the campus. I thought nothing of as I was in my 323, it's just a DD and I usually just cruise around. I'm assuming because of the tone of my exhaust (which is rather aggressive and said to be unnecessarily loud) the driver thought I was trying to instigate race. They immediately accelerated passed me. About 1/4 mile down the road, the traffic cleared and it was game time. He immediately jumped about 2-3 cars ahead from 45, and I quickly reeled him in. By the top of 3rd gear I was already 2 cars ahead and I just let off.

As i said before, nothing impressive, but it's sure nice to know my little 323i with 140k on the clock can still hold its' own. Just for the record, this car has always been very fast compared to other cars with similar mods.

Mods:

Ebay headers
    Eisenmann Race
    Dinan CAI (old style)
    Dinan automatic transmission software
    Active reflash
    SSR GT1
    and a bunch of other stuff that wouldn't make a difference in a race.
    Last edited by BoostAddict; 09-14-2010 at 09:28 PM. Reason: forming paragraphs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

The 323 is a nice little car. They weren't that slow back in the day but as cars are focusing more and more on MPG it can hold is own against a lot out there.

This wasn't the supercharged C230, right?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

It said Sport in the side, so I assume it's supercharged. After looking at dragtimes, whether it was supercharged or not, the out come would have been the same. I have a higher trap than both variants.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BoostAddict Click here to enlarge
    It said Sport in the side, so I assume it's supercharged. After looking at dragtimes, whether it was supercharged or not, the out come would have been the same. I have a higher trap than both variants.
    Absolutely, but you never know if they have a few mods as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

did the c230 have two exhaust pipes or one oval pipe? If it had one then it was the SC 1.8L if not then it was the 2.5L v6
    Power Mods: Dinan pulley, Dinan Flash,Dinan Intake, Dinan 3.62, Gintani Race Mufflers, Gintani catless Xpipe,
    Cosmetic: Molded Vorsteiner Poly-Lip, LED Interior Lights, LUX H8, Black Side Vents,Glossy Black Kidneys, Reflectors Delete, Smoked Tail Lights, CF Vorsteiner Trunk, V1 Hardwire

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

It had a single oval tip that looked like it was divided internally.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BoostAddict Click here to enlarge
    It had a single oval tip that looked like it was divided internally.
    That is the SC model.

You are considerably quicker, they are ok but pretty slow. Driven it in manual and auto and actually it feels much stronger in auto, very slow in manual.