Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

135i vs 997(na) vs FD RX7 LS6 - Street Wars

Finally got out to test the new drag radials but it was a very hot and humid night so I was not expecting to break any records with a DA of 2925'...

Anyways, first pass I tried 21lbs of air pressure, did a small burnout, and went 11.52 with a 1.88 60'. Next pass was 11.56 with a 1.9 60'. Well, the 11.5 bracket was getting ready to start so I figured instead of tweaking (was not breaking any records this night anyways) I would enter the class and try to make a few bucks.

Ended up winning it! Best run of the night was against a tsi tallon where I almost broke out with a 11.514 at 124.8 and only won by 1/2 a car!!! Talk about a rush! Click here to enlarge

Here are the only two videos that I was able to get during the event. Would of had more but I accidentally left the camera on after the FD run and killed the battery.

Pic at the end for winning! I had to do the BIG GUY pose! lol
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    JB4/MHD | Alpina | Level10 VB | RB EVOs | RPI Quad Exhaust | AR DP's
    100% E85 | Port Injection | Fuel-It Stg 3 | DIY FMIC | ER CP W/Synapse BOV
    Best ET: 10.9 | Best MPH 133.4
    Fuel by Fuel-it! - http://www.fuel-it.biz/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Sick. Congrats on the win.

How much do you get for winning?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Great video, thanks for posting

How much does your car weigh at race time ?
    2005 Porsche 996 TTS RWD - Eurodyne 60-130 in 6.50s
    2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI - Eurodyne 0 - 100 in 10.67s
    2015 McLaren 650S (RHD) - UK - 1/3rd owner yet to drive

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

That picture is hilarious. Great job man!
    Eppur si muove.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    Sick. Congrats on the win.

How much do you get for winning?
    Payout was 300 cash Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Group.america Click here to enlarge
    Great video, thanks for posting

How much does your car weigh at race time ?
    I only removed the rear seats so I guess around 3400?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

That is awesome, 125 mph is uber quick

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

That is awesome, 125 mph is uber quick
    I am guessing it to be closer to 127 with the pass seat removed, cooler weather, and a bit more practice with the DR's. Was launching around 26-2800 and Terry recommends 3k. Just need to stand on the brakes a bit harder on the launch.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

trickcruiser Have you been beaten by any other 135i using current set up or seen a faster one ?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by trickcruiser Click here to enlarge
    I am guessing it to be closer to 127 with the pass seat removed, cooler weather, and a bit more practice with the DR's. Was launching around 26-2800 and Terry recommends 3k. Just need to stand on the brakes a bit harder on the launch.
    I'm thinking you might even have more than that in it, the DA was around 2900-3000. Was ridiculously humid.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

trickcruiser Have you been beaten by any other 135i using current set up or seen a faster one ?
    I have not been beaten by another N54/N55 yet but that does not mean there are not faster ones in the area. Always something bigger and badder out there!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by paradoxical3 Click here to enlarge
    I'm thinking you might even have more than that in it, the DA was around 2900-3000. Was ridiculously humid.
    It might! I plan to be out there tomorrow night for the last CSW of the year and weather appears to be a bit better.
    Hopefully I can get a few passes during T&T to tweak the launch.

We should get lined up once! Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

It might! I plan to be out there tomorrow night for the last CSW of the year and weather appears to be a bit better.
    Hopefully I can get a few passes during T&T to tweak the launch.

We should get lined up once! Click here to enlarge
    LOL, that would be a massacre. I'm not sure if I'll make it; that partial throttle hitch I have has returned and I am off of e85 to see if that was the problem (nope, still does it). I am absolutely, 100% out of ideas at this point and I think it has to be a bad JB4. Car runs absolutely beautifully at anything other than partial throttle around 2500-3000RPM. The most frustrating thing is that the car acts like it is misfiring (a single jerk) and the SES light pops on, but there are no $#@!ing codes. Literally no codes besides the normal 3 tuner codes for the n55. Happens on 93 octane, e85, map 1, map 5, it's not a boost leak (car hits 18psi target easily), and it only happens under incredibly narrow conditions. Happens with flexfuel wires plugged in and unplugged.

It does NOT happen when in map 4 (stock boost curve) or when the JB4 is out of the car. It has to be a bad JB4 at this point.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by paradoxical3 Click here to enlarge
    LOL, that would be a massacre. I'm not sure if I'll make it; that partial throttle hitch I have has returned and I am off of e85 to see if that was the problem (nope, still does it). I am absolutely, 100% out of ideas at this point and I think it has to be a bad JB4. Car runs absolutely beautifully at anything other than partial throttle around 2500-3000RPM. The most frustrating thing is that the car acts like it is misfiring (a single jerk) and the SES light pops on, but there are no $#@!ing codes. Literally no codes besides the normal 3 tuner codes for the n55. Happens on 93 octane, e85, map 1, map 5, it's not a boost leak (car hits 18psi target easily), and it only happens under incredibly narrow conditions. Happens with flexfuel wires plugged in and unplugged.

It does NOT happen when in map 4 (stock boost curve) or when the JB4 is out of the car. It has to be a bad JB4 at this point.
    Good to see you yesterday! The track was sooooo bad yesterday that I did three passes (aborted the first 2) and called it a night...

For your JB4, have you done any logs and sent them to Terry yet? He might be able to make a couple tweaks and get you set right. It seems that every N54/55 react a little differently.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Are you running stock axles and such still? Curious at what 60' range they begin snapping.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Good to see you yesterday! The track was sooooo bad yesterday that I did three passes (aborted the first 2) and called it a night...

For your JB4, have you done any logs and sent them to Terry yet? He might be able to make a couple tweaks and get you set right. It seems that every N54/55 react a little differently.
    Was good to see you too, I tried to find you to say hi later on and someone told me that you'd left. I don't blame you - was a bust for me too. Car suddenly and mysteriously is boosting 4psi below target, but with no codes. I'm 95% sure the JB4 is bad. I've sent plenty of logs to Terry and his best guess is a fueling issue like injectors, but the car has 3k miles and was hitting 18psi just fine the day before....and never has issues at WOT. And remember, this is the same JB4 on my previous X1 that had all sorts of problems. I'm going to bring it to turnin concepts on Wednesday and see if they can figure it out on a lift. Could even be something stupid like a leak in the intercooler itself. Who knows.

While they have it they are going to confirm that downpipes will fit...I'll pull the trigger on that next month.

Now that CSW is over for the season I still plan on getting out there maybe every other Friday so I'm sure I'll see you around. I'm planning on doing a backroads drive on KY 10/22 in a month or so as well, you're welcome to come. Great roads but usually I have trouble finding people that can keep up; that obviously won't be a problem for you.
    Last edited by paradoxical3; 09-06-2013 at 01:15 AM.