Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

X5M limp mode after Dinan Tune

Well I picked picked up my truck from the dealer after having the software installed, they test drove it said it moves now. So I get in it, do one launch and it goes into limp mode. They said now they've reset the adaptions and its good.

Does that make any sense? I'm leaving it there till Tuesday anyways cause the dinan exhaust isn't in yet. My SA has been driving it and said its fine now. I'm just a little concerned.Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Limp mode with these motors happens I don't think it is anything to be concerned about unless it's a constant repeat occurrence. It will happen sometimes even when stock.

Keep us updated though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

At the very least I'd have them note it on the service paperwork. That way it will be in their records if it happens again and you need to have it addressed. Sounds paranoids but I've had SAs leave who knew my car and it was like starting from scratch with the new guy (the whole "we couldn't repeat the symptoms" dance)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Limp mode with these motors happens I don't think it is anything to be concerned about unless it's a constant repeat occurrence. It will happen sometimes even when stock.

Keep us updated though.
    I don't know, I wish it wouldn't happen at all. I do race the M a lot. By it going in limp mode could cost me some cash at the track. I'll be posting videos & time slips from next weeks visit to the track.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alextremo Click here to enlarge
    At the very least I'd have them note it on the service paperwork. That way it will be in their records if it happens again and you need to have it addressed. Sounds paranoids but I've had SAs leave who knew my car and it was like starting from scratch with the new guy (the whole "we couldn't repeat the symptoms" dance)

That's happened to me before too. Which is not fun, but you're 100% right that at least it's in the records. Just kinda makes me mad, 100k truck,6k on upgrades. One launch and then limp mode. Kinda makes me upset.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Hansel22 Click here to enlarge
    That's happened to me before too. Which is not fun, but you're 100% right that at least it's in the records. Just kinda makes me mad, 100k truck,6k on upgrades. One launch and then limp mode. Kinda makes me upset.
    Completely understandable.