Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Damn it STICKY I offered you less and you go on to have EGT try to prove themselves jajajaj Hey I will pay for the dyno and i will take you to nearest McDonalds to eat LOL. ANYWAy WTF are you planning to come down here we have the 1/2 mile run in December and BMW OKtoberfest soon!!! Let me know ok!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by G0TB00ST? Click here to enlarge
    Hmm that sounds about right. My m3 put down 700whp on the butt dyno when I switched to their high performance air freshener and tune. It was super easy I sent them $1000 and they flashed my car via satellite... At least that's what they told me
    I laughed, I did.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Puerto Rican 335d Click here to enlarge
    Damn it STICKY I offered you less and you go on to have EGT try to prove themselves jajajaj Hey I will pay for the dyno and i will take you to nearest McDonalds to eat LOL. ANYWAy WTF are you planning to come down here we have the 1/2 mile run in December and BMW OKtoberfest soon!!! Let me know ok!!
    Those sound like pretty damn good events.

Honestly I don't know I'm so swamped right now I have no idea.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...=1#post8973794

Check out this other thread where ETG "tuned" an Audi S6. For the results see post #31 ... I guess using ETG's logic...if you can't correctly tune one platform...you can't correctly tune another one either.... Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tom C Click here to enlarge
    http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...=1#post8973794

Check out this other thread where ETG "tuned" an Audi S6. For the results see post #31 ... I guess using ETG's logic...if you can't correctly tune one platform...you can't correctly tune another one either.... Click here to enlarge
    034 Motorsport's perspective is interesting.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 034 Motorsport
    Today we had dpebenito's 2014 Audi S6 4.0 TFSI on our Mustang dyno.

We looked at the "ECU Tuning Group" or "Singh Autosport" module. It's basically a crude piggyback/interceptor. I'll do my best to explain what it does as simply and clearly as possible.

It only uses RPM and MAP inputs. It grabs a signal from the cam sensors for RPM, and intercepts the MAP sensors.

All it does is trick the ECU into thinking it's making less boost than it actually is. It doesn't even grab the WGFV (Wastegate Frequency or N75 Valve) signal from the ECU, so it is solely relying on the ECU's built-in PID control to increase boost.

Since it cannot control boost directly, it can only raise boost a minimal amount by scaling the MAP sensor's signal. If it scales it too much, the ECU will throw a code.

The interceptor has no control over even basic mapping like ignition timing, fueling, etc, let alone the ECU's more advanced functions. It is completely dependent on the factory ECU's stock maps, which is amusing considering the company's name would lead one to believe that they tune ECUs.

As expected, gains are minimal compared to what you would get with a proper ECU calibration.

The dyno comparison below is stock vs. "piggybacked" and is in WHP. our Mustang dyno does read lower than Dynapack and Dynojet dynos do, but the delta is what's important.
    Like I said, this isn't the #1 ECU Tuner for anything.

Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12