Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Yet another war... looks like Syria is next

They're going to use the chemical weapon excuse to meddle in yet another country. Pentagon is already gearing up attack plans.

I was reading an article the other day that rebel strongholds were raided and they found chemical weapons but who cares? They want another war and they're going to get it.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...ion?CMP=twt_gu

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Can we just put our drones to use and keep our soldiers off the ground at least?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No oil there... nobody wants to do $#@!...
    Personally, I don't care if those extremists kill each other, to hell with them, but those children there did nothing to deserve snorting Sarin and die in alot of pain...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Assad interview by Russian paper: http://izvestia.ru/news/556048

Interviewer: On Wednesday, the rebels accused the Syrian government of using chemical weapons; some Western leaders adopted these accusations. What is your response to this? Will you allow the UN inspectors access to the site to investigate the incident?

President Assad: The statements by the American administration, the West and other countries were made with disdain and blatant disrespect of their own public opinion; there isn’t a body in the world, let alone a superpower, that makes an accusation and then goes about collecting evidence to prove its point. The American administration made the accusation on Wednesday and two days later announced that they would start to collect the evidence - what evidence is it going to gather from afar?!

They claim that the area in question is under the control of the rebels and that the Syrian Army used chemical weapons. In fact, the area is in contiguity with the Syrian Army positions, so how is it possible that any country would use chemical weapons, or any weapons of mass destruction, in an area where its own forces are located; this is preposterous! These accusations are completely politicised and come on the back of the advances made by the Syrian Army against the terrorists.

As for the UN Commission, we were the first to request a UN investigation when terrorists launched rockets that carried toxic gas in the outskirts of Aleppo. Several months before the attack, American and Western statements were already preparing public opinion of the potential use of chemical weapons by the Syrian government. This raised our suspicion that they were aware of the terrorists’ intentions to use these weapons in order to blame the Syrian government. After liaising with Russia, we decided to request a commission to investigate the incident. Whereas we requested an investigation based on the facts on the ground, not on rumours or allegations; the US, France and the UK have tried to exploit the incident to investigate allegations rather than happenings.

During the last few weeks, we have worked with the Commission and set the guidelines for cooperation. First of these, is that our national sovereignty is a red line and as such the Commission will directly liaise with us during the process. Second, the issue is not only how the investigation will be conducted but also how the results will be interpreted. We are all aware that instead of being interpreted in an objective manner, these results could easily be interpreted according to the requirements and agendas of certain major countries. Certainly, we expect Russia to block any interpretation that aims to serve American and western policies. What is most important is that we differentiate between western accusations that are based on allegations and hearsay and our request for an investigation based on concrete evidence and facts.

Interviewer: Recent statements by the American administration and other Western governments have stated that the US has not ruled out military intervention in Syria. In light of this, is it looking more likely that the US would behave in the same way it did in Iraq, in other words look for a pretext for military intervention?

President Assad: This is not the first time that the possibility of military intervention has been raised. From the outset, the US, along with France and
    Britain, has strived for military intervention in Syria. Unfortunately for them, events took a different course with the balance shifting against their interests in the Security Council despite their numerous attempts to haggle with Russia and China, but to no avail. The negative outcomes that emerged in Libya and Egypt were also not in their favour. All of this made it impossible for them to convince their constituents and the world that they were following sound or successful policies.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No oil(unless I am mistaken). I doubt we go in.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Things always tend to get worse when the US joins the game.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm not sure what is up with US playing world police, can we even afford to do it anymore? There are different countries, different laws etc... You cannot just march in and say "democracy" and let's hold hands with our enemies. What bothers me the most is that nobody is really questioning the news sources, most just take it for a fact. And the news most of the time are always sponsored / tailored for a specific reason.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Considering I am an Afghanistan Vet, I understand why we went into Afghanistan to take care of the Taliban and control the opium trade. But to be honest with all the sequestration and the Gag orders were given out to not talk about the military air transportation fleet are basically limping to stay together and a whole bunch of other crap I will not post on a public forum.

If they used chemical weapons. The world should destroy them and try them for using it. If they didn't I honestly don't see being pushed into Syria, considering we're already losing Iraq, again, and Egypt is going crazy.

Green sheet of glass party anyone?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by onisyndicate Click here to enlarge
    But to be honest with all the sequestration and the Gag orders were given out to not talk about the military air transportation fleet are basically limping to stay together and a whole bunch of other crap I will not post on a public forum.
    Why not? I'd like to know what is going on.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Why not? I'd like to know what is going on.
    I signed some papers saying I wouldn't talk about it sorry.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I signed some papers saying I wouldn't talk about it sorry.
    I understand.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Considering I am an Afghanistan Vet, I understand why we went into Afghanistan to take care of the Taliban and control the opium trade. But to be honest with all the sequestration and the Gag orders were given out to not talk about the military air transportation fleet are basically limping to stay together and a whole bunch of other crap I will not post on a public forum.

If they used chemical weapons. The world should destroy them and try them for using it. If they didn't I honestly don't see being pushed into Syria, considering we're already losing Iraq, again, and Egypt is going crazy.

Green sheet of glass party anyone?

I wonder which movie you would say is somewhat closer to what you have seen in reality? I feel like most are overly optimistic, compared to what is really happening.

As for toppling Syria, wonder what good would that do in terms of stability in the country? We already toppled Libya and look at what a mess is it now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by litxus Click here to enlarge
    I wonder which movie you would say is somewhat closer to what you have seen in reality? I feel like most are overly optimistic, compared to what is really happening.
    You mean as green zone is to Iraq as Lions for lambs is to Afghanistan?

To be honest I can't really watch modern war movies. So, sorry, I really can't move that direction!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You mean as green zone is to Iraq as Lions for lambs is to Afghanistan?

To be honest I can't really watch modern war movies. So, sorry, I really can't move that direction!
    I guess what I mean do most show complete BS and made up crap, or do they have some truth to it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    A lot of it is BS but there are tid bits that are truthful.

For example if I were ever to write a book. I'd have to send that book to a "review" board and then they'll review the book to make sure I didn't put any classified information into it. Everything that is classified would taken out and then I'd have to learn how to fill the gap.

Those Gaps are the BS pretty much and the Tid bits of truth are what were allowed to be published.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    For example if I were ever to write a book. I'd have to send that book to a "review" board and then they'll review the book to make sure I didn't put any classified information into it. Everything that is classified would taken out and then I'd have to learn how to fill the gap.
    Sounds like a catch all censorship rule to me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    A lot of it is BS but there are tid bits that are truthful.

Those Gaps are the BS pretty much and the Tid bits of truth are what were allowed to be published.
    I understand this as my Father has the same 'issue'. What I don't understand is how this was released:

"The book "No Easy Day" is a first-person memoir written by a former SEAL Team Six member under the pseudonym Mark Owen that includes a detailed account of the May 2011 operation in Abbottabad, Pakistan to get bin Laden. According to the book, Owen was the second man in the room after bin Laden was shot and put a few bullets in the terror leader himself before taking theunreleased pictures of the dead al Qaeda leader.
    The book follows Owen's rise through the Navy's ranks to elite SEAL Team Six and describes the various levels of training, walks through some on-the-ground operational tactics employed by the SEAL commandos and gives a minute-by-minute account of the bin Laden raid. Owen left the service in April, less than a year after the mission, according to military records provided to ABC News."

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    I understand this as my Father has the same 'issue'. What I don't understand is how this was released:

"The book "No Easy Day" is a first-person memoir written by a former SEAL Team Six member under the pseudonym Mark Owen that includes a detailed account of the May 2011 operation in Abbottabad, Pakistan to get bin Laden. According to the book, Owen was the second man in the room after bin Laden was shot and put a few bullets in the terror leader himself before taking theunreleased pictures of the dead al Qaeda leader.
    The book follows Owen's rise through the Navy's ranks to elite SEAL Team Six and describes the various levels of training, walks through some on-the-ground operational tactics employed by the SEAL commandos and gives a minute-by-minute account of the bin Laden raid. Owen left the service in April, less than a year after the mission, according to military records provided to ABC News."
    He probably did not release any or too much classified info for the book, otherwise he could be facing some jail time. Isn't he being sued already?

As for censorship, I think all countries do it in order to "protect" the image, but again most people just take whatever comes out of the news as the truth.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No easy day I have not read nor was I a navy seal. (I was army) So I wouldn't know the truth or lies in the book if it has any. But it is 336 pages long. So I'm pretty sure it was cut up A LOT and if it is an account of the Bin laden mission. I bet it is a really small part of the book.

I'll have to get the E-book version and read it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It sounds so similar yet again and I wonder who would benefit from toppling Assad or a new war in general?

Can someone explain what is meant by "our interests" in statement below?

"Simply lashing out with military force under the banner of 'doing something' will not secure our interests in Syria," Smith said in a statement.

As for "one day" statement is a complete joke, we are not against people with bows and sparrows.

"The official said the administration is considering more than a single set of military strikes and "the options are not limited just to one day" of assault."

And again, if it gets done going around all UN resolutions then what is the point for other countries to follow them?

I actually would not expect this to be as easy as media makes it sound, as Syria could have new or newer Chinese or Russian weapons too.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Their interests, not ours.

Who knows what those really are. Is it to weaken Russia's trading partner? Is it to get another government in there that won't threaten Israel? Is it money?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Their interests, not ours.

Who knows what those really are. Is it to weaken Russia's trading partner? Is it to get another government in there that won't threaten Israel? Is it money?
    Yeah, those interests are a mystery.

I would assume it is more to do with Israel as I believe Syria is on good terms with Iran, but Iran is the enemy Israel.

So maybe the whole strategy by Israel / US is to weaken all the Iran's allies and then attack Iran for the reason of "nukes". But really do we need a reason? As it seems that it doesn't matter lately as if we want to attack we will.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by litxus Click here to enlarge
    Yeah, those interests are a mystery.

I would assume it is more to do with Israel as I believe Syria is on good terms with Iran, but Iran is the enemy Israel.

So maybe the whole strategy by Israel / US is to weaken all the Iran's allies and then attack Iran for the reason of "nukes". But really do we need a reason? As it seems that it doesn't matter lately as if we want to attack we will.
    If they were ready to attack Iran I'm sure they would put out a report on their regime having chemical weapons, nukes, or that they club baby seals in their spare time. Then they would charge in and look for the evidence after the accusation.

I don't get it all. I don't know why they are pressing so hard for this. I don't even understand how they can prep for a war before even having congressional approval. The system isn't working.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If they were ready to attack Iran I'm sure they would put out a report on their regime having chemical weapons, nukes, or that they club baby seals in their spare time. Then they would charge in and look for the evidence after the accusation.

I don't get it all. I don't know why they are pressing so hard for this. I don't even understand how they can prep for a war before even having congressional approval. The system isn't working.
    Unless I am mistaken the president can declare was for 60 days. You can do a TON of damage in 60 days and get yourself into a situation you can't 'easily or comfortably' get out of. I think he gets to prep all he wants and until the 1st 'bullet' is fired that war hasn't started. Then congress has 60 days to get their ducks in a row and stop it...

I really hope Americans will not allow us to go to war again with no proof of WMDs or danger to American lives/way of life.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast