Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    get some logs going to see whats happening. if you can get better timing in 4th, than what was shown above, then yes you shoud pull

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    get some logs going to see whats happening. if you can get better timing in 4th, than what was shown above, then yes you shoud pull
    u got itClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ya this was pump gas + 40/60 meth/water. It will only get better with a higher meth ratio

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    nice logs, you're running this on pumpgas? good luck man, cant wait for results Click here to enlarge
    335xi (sold)
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You should post up some logs running pump gas + meth, I'm curious to see what you're able to run at these higher boost levels without race gas. You posted a log at one point which looked very nice, but you were running a much more conservative boost curve than this.. i know you've pushed things harder since then!
    Last edited by jpsimon; 09-13-2010 at 10:41 AM.
    335xi (sold)

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    in 4th gear it only rises from 30 to 32c, which is only a rise of 3.6f. That is way better than without meth on lower boost

i

JP. after looking at your iat's again, you may have a flow issue.. it rise just a bit too fast in 3rd, and then way to fast in 4th

**edit** never mind, its in C* yes, thats ok,BUT you should be seeing lower, much lower than ambient temps.. which again, may be a flow issue
    335xi (sold)

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jpsimon Click here to enlarge
    in 4th gear it only rises from 30 to 32c, which is only a rise of 3.6f. That is way better than without meth on lower boost
    yea, thats what i first questioned, then did the conversion. the rise isnt what now catches my attention now, but the fact that it only dropped to ambient temps and not below. from what I have seen, the more water, the cooler the charge. Mine has consistantly dropped to 60-65* whether its 70*-95* ambient temps.

ill post a few logs, i have to find them again. i tried both on 17-18psi with pump/meth and then on race meth, and then @20 psi,but im always @ 70/30 mix. i just have to remember how to chart with logs from BT Click here to enlarge

Ultimate- here is some info about the M5/M6 question you had http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9762

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I notice in the first log... the timing going into 4th has an abrupt drop and then picks up and on its way to 10 degrees of ignition. I have been seeing this drop just after a shift on 70/30 but when I go say 90/10.... this drop disappears. My timing is heading north of 15 degrees at the end of the gear and starts steady over 10 for about a sec or two... then drops to about 7 and climbs back up to around 15 (dual #7s ; ) ) I know its a $#@!load of spray but I was wondering if anyone has had this same thing happen and is able to keep there timing up after a shift on 70/30?? Its almost like there is air in the line from the tank sloshing and I see it on a few n54 logs! First of all, I can't belevie that your running 20psi and your timing is taking dips like that..... the fact that your on 40/60 makes me think that at 70/30 its no concern of yours. I have been trying to run map 10 which is about 18 psi and am concerned about this abrupt dip. Does V4 control that for you guys and keep it from happening?
    2007 E90 non sport, JB3 2.0 18ohm, Labonte Progressive Meth, Cooling Mist Solenoid & Nozzles CM5 & M7, Ar DPs, Hyperboost Diverter Valves, M3 19s, M3 Rear Carbon Spoiler, Koni FSD, ZSP Springs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12