Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

BB JB4 Flash fail - 07/06 build .. logs attached..

Trying my JB4 G5 flash today with the BT cable. My car is an 07/06 build (K-Line).. Had the JB4 set to map 0. 10A Charger connected to battery.. Tried first with BT software and drivers still installed. When ID'd the ecu i got values for everything but voltage. I removed all the BT software, drivers, BB and its drivers and rebooted .. Did a fresh install of BB and its drivers and now when I do the ID, i still get 0 voltage and now nothing in the Status box. Tried a read and it sat for 10min w/o giving me an estimated time so I aborted. Logs attached.. first is from initial attempt, second is from second attempt.

After that I tried several more IDs.. the results would be different.. sometimes no vin, sometimes got a status.. weird.. I tried various USB ports and I know the cable is good because it works fine with the BT software. Laptop has an i5 processor..

Thanks for any help..

Attached Files Attached Files

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You may need to hook up more than a 10A charger to your battery. It seems that battery power has been a recurring issue, but is easily resolved with a sufficient charger hooked up. I believe I saw that Terry@BMS was using a 30A charger.
    335i Coupe, JB4 (G4, map 5) DCI and 40% E85 blend: 2009 BMW 335i Coupe: 12.173 @ 109.490 MPH

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Don't mention me. I don't offer any support for this stuff. Click here to enlarge But I am testing a version here with some longer time out delays that may help 2007 models.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Don't mention me. I don't offer any support for this stuff. Click here to enlarge But I am testing a version here with some longer time out delays that may help 2007 models.
    Yeah but you know this stuff so you are the logical choice. You don't have to say or do anything but... you still are the logical choice in JB4 related flash matters.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I understand. I just don't want them to expect or wait for me to chime in. Click here to enlarge

But there is definitely a 2007 KLINE bug causing some headaches. I'm sure it will be resolved sooner or later.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Okay OP, I looked at the logs. I am willing to bet you need a more powerful charger. The second log actually shows it reading data. However every single memory block request fails at least once, which probably messes up the estimated time. Your DME is replying slowly, its possible that a lack of power is having an effect on the DME's ability to reply quickly. Go get a 30a charger and try again and see what happens and or let your car charge for a few hours before attempting again.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    Okay OP, I looked at the logs. I am willing to bet you need a more powerful charger. The second log actually shows it reading data. However every single memory block request fails at least once, which probably messes up the estimated time. Your DME is replying slowly, its possible that a lack of power is having an effect on the DME's ability to reply quickly. Go get a 30a charger and try again and see what happens and or let your car charge for a few hours before attempting again.

Thanks! There's a 50A mode on my charger.. is that too much ? I do have a MiniCooper battery .. 35lb vs 50lb Click here to enlarge which could be part of the problem I guess.. WTF does this DME need so much juice for? My cell phone (S4) can probably out process it and it runs on a tiny little battery for hours ..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Yeah but you know this stuff so you are the logical choice. You don't have to say or do anything but... you still are the logical choice in JB4 related flash matters.
    U guys are runnin me in circles.. ask Terrry.. as on BB.. ask Terry.. lol.. I'm not even to the JB4 flashing yet and I thought the flash software was created by BB ?? Just send me the source code and i'll figure it out Click here to enlarge What's it built in C# ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Kuch335 Click here to enlarge
    U guys are runnin me in circles.. ask Terrry.. as on BB.. ask Terry.. lol.. I'm not even to the JB4 flashing yet and I thought the flash software was created by BB ?? Just send me the source code and i'll figure it out Click here to enlarge What's it built in C# ?
    It's free software with community support. There is no dedicated support and you can't expect it. If you want that I suggest buying a JB4 or Cobb.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It's free software with community support. There is no dedicated support and you can't expect it. If you want that I suggest buying a JB4 or Cobb.
    No expectations.. was laughing about ya'll pointing fingers at each other Click here to enlarge already have the JB4 G5, thus why i'm trying to flash in the first place.. Terry said this would be the place to post logs to see if anyone else knew what was up, that's all.. I'm sure someone will figure it out sooner or later with the K-Line..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Kuch335 Click here to enlarge
    No expectations.. was laughing about ya'll pointing fingers at each other Click here to enlarge already have the JB4 G5, thus why i'm trying to flash in the first place.. Terry said this would be the place to post logs to see if anyone else knew what was up, that's all.. I'm sure someone will figure it out sooner or later with the K-Line..
    Gotcha.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I should have some time to help you out tomorrow. Going through the NLOG code currently so I can have it save logs to desktop. If another person tells me they can't find their logfile.log file I'm just going to shoot myself in the head. And then I'll be no good to anyone. Click here to enlarge

But I did open the delay timeout up in the ID functions and that seemed to help at least one other KLINE guy who tested it.

*EDIT* Finished the logging change. So email me to see if the KLINE delay change helps your situation.
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 08-23-2013 at 12:24 AM.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I have an '07 and not once have I ran into an issue with the software. I re-flashed another car the other day with the same issue.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    bump for source codesssss or access to developer form Click here to enlarge