Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: xenon help!?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I understand I just want to make sure I resolved the image uploading issue for you.
    here is a sick pic of the whole car
    2007 Jet Black E90 335xi "The Mistress" / PTF-Cobb / E50 / FuelitS2 / 5" Stepped FMIC / Synapse BOV and Charge Pipe / Alpina Flash / Muffler Delete w/ 4in Black Tips / DCI / 19x8.5 Satin Black Squared Enkei Raijins / 245/35/r19 Bridgestone Potenza S04 Pole Position / 20mm Rear Spacers / 2 10" Rockford Fosgate's Added to Logic7 (15 total speakers!)
    [IMG]Click here to enlarge[/IMG]

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

anyone have experince with these lights? i would love to find a simple wiring problem instead of getting a new module plus labor...
    But I do have a shop that will do this next week, just dont want to keep spending money on basic $#@! that keeps breaking.
    2007 Jet Black E90 335xi "The Mistress" / PTF-Cobb / E50 / FuelitS2 / 5" Stepped FMIC / Synapse BOV and Charge Pipe / Alpina Flash / Muffler Delete w/ 4in Black Tips / DCI / 19x8.5 Satin Black Squared Enkei Raijins / 245/35/r19 Bridgestone Potenza S04 Pole Position / 20mm Rear Spacers / 2 10" Rockford Fosgate's Added to Logic7 (15 total speakers!)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

bump?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Friendly bump as well.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

thank you Sticky, still havent figured it out yet. The Adaptive warning light still comes on....
    I drove like 80 miles last night with just DRLs and fog lights on, and it rained, not so good.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Bump
    Anyone know the location of potential wiring issues? All I see is a wrapped up wire loom going towards to ecu area.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

I'll bump this.

This sure is a hard one to pin down man.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by I6+TT=FTW Click here to enlarge
    adaptive headlight warning came back on this morning. So even after finding the spot for that wire, and swapping the sides of the bulbs/ignitors, still no xenon on the passenger side.

So next step is to remove the bumper and switch the xenon module? or the ballast? or are those the same thing? I'm still kinda confused.
    My first idea is the problem lies somewhere in the last part of the cable going to the left light unit.
    I'm not sure where the height control motor exactly is but it seems to me you have a broken connection somewhere leading to the left headlight, which took out at least 2 wires.
    One of them you already had a problem with (wobbly lights).
    The fact the problems worsened when you washed the car means the breach is on a point where water can access it creating a short circuit.
    Could it be the front bumper was removed and wiring was trapped somewhere?

I would trace the last parts of the cabling to the headlights and especially examine just the parts where water can reach the cabling.
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)

You should check out the adaptive headlight control module that they bolt to the bottom of the head light. It probably is covered in "FGS"
    Click here to enlarge
    Vargas Turbo dealer and installation center
    Level 10 distributor and installation center
    Burger Motorsports Tier 2 dealer and installation center
    Turner Motorsports dealer and installation center
    Bimmerworld dealer and installation center
    Shipping built/stroked/CNC ported N54's Internationally!
    Follow us!
    http://www.facebook.com/BMWdoctor
    http://twitter.com/abrhouston
    http://instagram.com/abrhouston/
    http://abrhouston.com
    http://abr.genbook.com Book online appointments!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DavidV Click here to enlarge
    My first idea is the problem lies somewhere in the last part of the cable going to the left light unit.
    I'm not sure where the height control motor exactly is but it seems to me you have a broken connection somewhere leading to the left headlight, which took out at least 2 wires.
    One of them you already had a problem with (wobbly lights).
    The fact the problems worsened when you washed the car means the breach is on a point where water can access it creating a short circuit.
    Could it be the front bumper was removed and wiring was trapped somewhere?

I would trace the last parts of the cabling to the headlights and especially examine just the parts where water can reach the cabling.
    The wobbly lights was someone else responding in the thread. My lights seem to adjust height just fine, but the Adaptive warning light is on.

I did look and didn't see any sort of exposed wire, corrosion, or anything of the sort. BUT I will check again before my appointment at my local independent tomorrow.
    Thanks man.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alex@ABRhouston Click here to enlarge
    You should check out the adaptive headlight control module that they bolt to the bottom of the head light. It probably is covered in "FGS"
    So are the adaptive headlight control module AND the xenon control module (ballast right?) 2 separate units, correct? But they are both located on the bottom of the headlight assembly? And what is FGS?
    Sorry and thank you Alex.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)

yes.

FGS= fuzzy green $#@! (technical term used in the automotive world) Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Vargas Turbo dealer and installation center
    Level 10 distributor and installation center
    Burger Motorsports Tier 2 dealer and installation center
    Turner Motorsports dealer and installation center
    Bimmerworld dealer and installation center
    Shipping built/stroked/CNC ported N54's Internationally!
    Follow us!
    http://www.facebook.com/BMWdoctor
    http://twitter.com/abrhouston
    http://instagram.com/abrhouston/
    http://abrhouston.com
    http://abr.genbook.com Book online appointments!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alex@ABRhouston Click here to enlarge
    yes.

FGS= fuzzy green $#@! (technical term used in the automotive world) Click here to enlarge
    Very technical. haha.

If I wasn't positive I would break/scratch the bumper removing it myself, I wouldn't be taking it in to check something so basic (sorta basic).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

The shop just called and said they ordered an ignitor. Am I confused on what parts are what? I was under the impression the ignitor was the silver box that the bulb sits in. If that is it I swapped that myself with the bulb.
    OR was he talking about something else?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

It's the control unit...... final quote from the shop.......................drum roll please....................................... $750 w/ parts and labor.
    I think I'm going to be sick.
    I understand that this car is just going to cost more to maintain, but damn, $750 for a headlight??? Looks like my Cobb V3 and PTF protune are going to have to wait. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

to wrap this up....
    It was the passenger side xenon control module that failed...BUT
    The adaptive headlight warning light was due to the "stepper" motor in the driver's side headlight failing. (to me it looks like it adjusts fine, but honestly could care less).

I have read that you can code out the adaptive headlights, thus removing the warning light.
    Does anyone know of a good vendor or someone that can code e90s remotely? I thought about doing it myself but every coding thread I have read just confuses me more...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12