Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Any LA/OC guys interested? Maybe we should start a thread.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Who are we going to get to come out though?

I guess we could do a flash day. I could bring some shirts.

Plus I'm sure there would be a long line of people wanting to get my autograph.

And you're shop is down the street from Gintani so we can have my car stop by for an impromptu visit.
    Sounds like a plan. Let's get a thread started.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have an 05/07 K-Line that had the DME replaced from MSD80 to MSD81, do I still have K-Line?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blisstik Click here to enlarge
    I have an 05/07 K-Line that had the DME replaced from MSD80 to MSD81, do I still have K-Line?
    I would say no. However, maybe someone else can post if I'm wrong. Also if you plug your BT cable in it will tell you what you have now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    How close is the flash to full release?
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    How close is the flash to full release?
    It's indefinite.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Just a heads up for some. I read my stock file in about 72 minutes then uploaded a backend flash just to test out and write time was about 16 minutes (all went well). Took the car for a drive and logged a few runs and was very happy. A few days later I then wrote back my stock org bin file that was saved on my laptop from the original read (all went well and car drives well). Then attempted to install the AP version of the backend flash and a warning sign appeared on the AP stating "A previous installation was encountered! (it's refering to the BB flash) Continuing will discard existing data. Existing data will be unrecoverable". So once I hit the install it flahed with the AP version of the backend flash without saving the original ECU ROM file as the AP does in normal install operation. I had already saved my COBB ECU ROM file from a previous install so I was ok. It's not a big deal but just thought some may want to know.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dirty Dog Click here to enlarge
    Just a heads up for some. I read my stock file in about 72 minutes then uploaded a backend flash just to test out and write time was about 16 minutes (all went well). Took the car for a drive and logged a few runs and was very happy. A few days later I then wrote back my stock org bin file that was saved on my laptop from the original read (all went well and car drives well). Then attempted to install the AP version of the backend flash and a warning sign appeared on the AP stating "A previous installation was encountered! (it's refering to the BB flash) Continuing will discard existing data. Existing data will be unrecoverable". So once I hit the install it flahed with the AP version of the backend flash without saving the original ECU ROM file as the AP does in normal install operation. I had already saved my COBB ECU ROM file from a previous install so I was ok. It's not a big deal but just thought some may want to know.
    Because cobb does it right and they do not use their device to copy other tunes. In other words, if you have a tune on your car, whoever put that tune on there should have an original already. That is always step 1 and it is assumed you have done that.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 2300+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/
    Or the BX8 Enthusiast Group!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/353105035077862/
    Cars: 2005 E46 330i - Sold | 2007 E90 335i - Crashed | 2009 E93 335i - Current | 1996 E36 328i Sedan

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Then attempted to install the AP version of the backend flash
    Where'd you get this map? Is this map essentially stage 0 that allows for extra fuel to be used with piggy back tunes?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    Because cobb does it right and they do not use their device to copy other tunes. In other words, if you have a tune on your car, whoever put that tune on there should have an original already. That is always step 1 and it is assumed you have done that.
    Agree however I would have thought by just flashing back to the car's original vin/org file it wouldn't alter anything but I guess it does.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blisstik Click here to enlarge
    Where'd you get this map? Is this map essentially stage 0 that allows for extra fuel to be used with piggy back tunes?
    It's just the BMS backend flash from Terry. It's to be used with the G5 and yes it alters fuel, timing, vanos and more.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    very informative thread.. good to know what is roughly needed to get the flash to work smoothly.. GOOD battery charger, AMD laptop (Click here to enlarge), and a few hours of patience Click here to enlarge

i always thought that kline was a LOT slower/bandwidth limited compared to D-CAN?... i'm sure i'll be able to find out soon enough, since my 130 is 2006 (k-line) and the 135 is 2008, so D-can Click here to enlarge
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Agree however I would have thought by just flashing back to the car's original vin/org file it wouldn't alter anything but I guess it does.
    I didn't catch that portion of your post. Whats being flashed back is exactly what was modified/there before so your guess is good as mine. They may have implemented a different way of detecting this. If you have A B C and you save B and write it with D, then replaced D with B again, thats where it should leave you. ABC again. So there may be some other way of detecting the memory being modified.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 2300+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/
    Or the BX8 Enthusiast Group!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/353105035077862/
    Cars: 2005 E46 330i - Sold | 2007 E90 335i - Crashed | 2009 E93 335i - Current | 1996 E36 328i Sedan

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    just flicked through the official german EDIABAS manual again that comes with the big-zip of that package. It makes the point there that USB 2.0 must be used and baud must be 100000 baud max. just a thought for those having errors... ?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123