Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 57
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,267
    Rep Points
    32,722.2
    Mentioned
    2131 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    different bodywork, M4 suspension, lighter (a la M4 vs 435i)... brakes... i guess maybe an S-motor, or the 1/2er thing could be production motors with M everything else

    and keep it as 1M and 2M, not M1 and M2... a minor yet important distinction IMO

    that's the way to go i think... unless they really don't mind the baby m's being faster than the M3 hands down?


    identical suspension/width, less weight, less power (but who cares when you can tune it to 'too much' anyway.

    just do what they did with the 1M, but don't call it an M2.. call it a 2M! done.
    Sounds nice on paper but has BMW ever produced an M model when they already produce an Mxxx model? M135i, no M1 or 1M and the M135i is already close to what the 1M was specs wise.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,267
    Rep Points
    32,722.2
    Mentioned
    2131 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KB Click here to enlarge
    As far as sharing motors....I think they should. Do 335 owners cry that 135 owners share the same motor for 10-20k less?
    That's different though, they aren't M cars.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    308
    Rep Points
    310.7
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Sounds nice on paper but has BMW ever produced an M model when they already produce an Mxxx model? M135i, no M1 or 1M and the M135i is already close to what the 1M was specs wise.
    they have, but not in the USA (Canadian E34 M540i and E34 M5). M540i was basically a 6speed 4.0L w/ sport suspension + M-parallel wheels.
    Loe P.
    B8.5 Audi S5 3.0"T" - GIAC stage II ECU / GIAC DSG TCU / AWE-tuning Pulley / AFe filter / 034 TBB / mod airbox / X-pipe
    - 09' E90 M3 7-DCT Interlagos Blue / Novillo Silver - gone Click here to enlarge
    [K&N filter|MS pullies|test pipes|Evolve Stg II tune/Servotronic/GTS-DCT Tune|Euro MDM]


  4. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    3,343
    Rep Points
    1,445.6
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Sounds nice on paper but has BMW ever produced an M model when they already produce an Mxxx model? M135i, no M1 or 1M and the M135i is already close to what the 1M was specs wise.
    i dunno, this is all new strategy from BMW at this point?

    they've never made an Mxxx model before have they?.. every other generation has had an M model.. oh yeah they have.. the M635csi.. yes there was also an M6 not longer after that (3 years?) and as above, the 5 series had the same treatment

    we may just have to wait a while?

    i wouldn't be angry about the 1/2 M's being Mxxx's with width+suspension+1.5way diff a la the 'real' m's.

    i don't think they have plans to offer the M135i with a factory LSD? where the M235i i believe will

    strange territory.
    boop

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,267
    Rep Points
    32,722.2
    Mentioned
    2131 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by spool twice Click here to enlarge
    they have, but not in the USA (Canadian E34 M540i and E34 M5). M540i was basically a 6speed 4.0L w/ sport suspension + M-parallel wheels.
    Yes but that was also before the modern turbo engine part sharing and software swaps.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,267
    Rep Points
    32,722.2
    Mentioned
    2131 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    i dunno, this is all new strategy from BMW at this point?

    they've never made an Mxxx model before have they?.. every other generation has had an M model.. oh yeah they have.. the M635csi.. yes there was also an M6 not longer after that (3 years?) and as above, the 5 series had the same treatment

    we may just have to wait a while?

    i wouldn't be angry about the 1/2 M's being Mxxx's with width+suspension+1.5way diff a la the 'real' m's.

    i don't think they have plans to offer the M135i with a factory LSD? where the M235i i believe will

    strange territory.
    It's all odd I just don't know where the M2 would slot or what it would have.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Jersey City
    Posts
    3,852
    Rep Points
    3,647.6
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    37


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    i dunno, this is all new strategy from BMW at this point?

    they've never made an Mxxx model before have they?.. every other generation has had an M model.. oh yeah they have.. the M635csi.. yes there was also an M6 not longer after that (3 years?) and as above, the 5 series had the same treatment

    we may just have to wait a while?

    i wouldn't be angry about the 1/2 M's being Mxxx's with width+suspension+1.5way diff a la the 'real' m's.

    i don't think they have plans to offer the M135i with a factory LSD? where the M235i i believe will

    strange territory.
    They seem to be copying Audi...a3, a4, two door a5 ( like a 2 door a4)

    If you look how Audi has the s4, then rs4 , it seems like BMW is doing the same. M235.... M2? Maybe, maybe not
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    3,343
    Rep Points
    1,445.6
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It's all odd I just don't know where the M2 would slot or what it would have.
    well if the diff optional in the 435i and 235i is 1way, a 1.5way... wider, suspension from the M4/M3

    at this point, going by your logic, what's the point of an M3/M4 if the 335i/435i basically have it covered other than width/minor suspension changes... well, and weight... and an 'actual' m-motor

    at this point, i'm pretty easily convinced they probably won't bother, as people would probably look at the 135i/235i and go 'ok why would i spend more'

    OTOH, the 1M sold out without a single worry, and all it was was a 135i with m suspension, LSD and wide...
    boop

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    3,343
    Rep Points
    1,445.6
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    They seem to be copying Audi...a3, a4, two door a5 ( like a 2 door a4)

    If you look how Audi has the s4, then rs4 , it seems like BMW is doing the same. M235.... M2? Maybe, maybe not
    that's what i'm thinking

    RS = M*

    S = **35i

    basically?

    though i do think the 'S' cars are still a bit higher than 35i, a bit lower than 'M' these days (where back in the day, the S3/S4 were complete direct M competitors for the most part, before RS was a thing).. since the S cars do have LSD + wider + suspension changes

    i think the A45 and S3 will still annihilate the M135i/235i, at least HOPEFULLY.. as that forces BMW to step up their small car game.
    boop

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,267
    Rep Points
    32,722.2
    Mentioned
    2131 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    at this point, going by your logic, what's the point of an M3/M4 if the 335i/435i basically have it covered other than width/minor suspension changes... well, and weight... and an 'actual' m-motor
    That doesn't make any sense because the 435i with performance pack will not offer anything near the M4.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Jersey City
    Posts
    3,852
    Rep Points
    3,647.6
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    37


    Yes Reputation No
    I think the rs3 is going to be a huge hit, it's rumored to be 400 hp, that's almost as much as the m4, in a small frame and with all wheel drive. The pics of it look awesome too.... I've got my eye on the m2 and rs3
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    3,343
    Rep Points
    1,445.6
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    That doesn't make any sense because the 435i with performance pack will not offer anything near the M4.
    yes i know.. so why can't they do something of a similar step up for 1/2 series?.. i was pointing out a flaw in the argument

    the only problem in BMW's eyes could be the 1/2 M's being waaaay too much faster than the 3/4 m's.
    boop

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    3,343
    Rep Points
    1,445.6
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    I think the rs3 is going to be a huge hit, it's rumored to be 400 hp, that's almost as much as the m4, in a small frame and with all wheel drive. The pics of it look awesome too.... I've got my eye on the m2 and rs3
    oh there's going to be an RS3 as well?.. yeah then RS3 + A45 AMG put up a bit much competition for the M135i at that point is my guess

    will it be available stateside or another euro only?
    boop

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,267
    Rep Points
    32,722.2
    Mentioned
    2131 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    I think the rs3 is going to be a huge hit, it's rumored to be 400 hp, that's almost as much as the m4, in a small frame and with all wheel drive. The pics of it look awesome too.... I've got my eye on the m2 and rs3
    If it has all wheel drive with a dual clutch and the 2.5 I5 it will be a winner. A better CLA45 AMG essentially.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,267
    Rep Points
    32,722.2
    Mentioned
    2131 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    yes i know.. so why can't they do something of a similar step up for 1/2 series?.. i was pointing out a flaw in the argument

    the only problem in BMW's eyes could be the 1/2 M's being waaaay too much faster than the 3/4 m's.
    They can but my point is what would it be? What else do you do? Take the M3 motor or create a new one?
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,267
    Rep Points
    32,722.2
    Mentioned
    2131 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    oh there's going to be an RS3 as well?.. yeah then RS3 + A45 AMG put up a bit much competition for the M135i at that point is my guess

    will it be available stateside or another euro only?
    You haven't looked into the RS3? If it's like the concept it will be absurd...
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Jersey City
    Posts
    3,852
    Rep Points
    3,647.6
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    37


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    oh there's going to be an RS3 as well?.. yeah then RS3 + A45 AMG put up a bit much competition for the M135i at that point is my guess

    will it be available stateside or another euro only?
    It's rumored to be stateside in 2015
    Click here to enlarge


    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Jersey City
    Posts
    3,852
    Rep Points
    3,647.6
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    37


    Yes Reputation No
    The top pic is the concept, bottom is A render
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    3,343
    Rep Points
    1,445.6
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    They can but my point is what would it be? What else do you do? Take the M3 motor or create a new one?
    or, keep it an 1M/2M rather than M1/M2 with a standard motor a la E82 1M

    otherwise, yeah, putting the proper M3/M4 motor in the M1/M2 with all the bells and whistles, and it might not look good from their marketing standpoint :/
    boop

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,267
    Rep Points
    32,722.2
    Mentioned
    2131 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    It's rumored to be stateside in 2015
    Click here to enlarge


    Click here to enlarge

    Here: http://www.audiboost.com/content.php...cept-at-Geneva
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    3,343
    Rep Points
    1,445.6
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You haven't looked into the RS3? If it's like the concept it will be absurd...
    will do! i think i have a while ago.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    It's rumored to be stateside in 2015
    Click here to enlarge


    Click here to enlarge
    bah, stupid RS3, keep it a mental hatch Click here to enlarge

    i really like it when they make stupid fast hatches lol
    boop

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Jersey City
    Posts
    3,852
    Rep Points
    3,647.6
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    37


    Yes Reputation No
    This car is great looking
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    994
    Rep Points
    938.4
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...edrich-Nitchke


    The M boss states he wants to build an M2 in this interview and hints to no 4 cylinder M cars....at least in the near future.
    ​#Chuckstrong

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,267
    Rep Points
    32,722.2
    Mentioned
    2131 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KB Click here to enlarge
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...edrich-Nitchke


    The M boss states he wants to build an M2 in this interview and hints to no 4 cylinder M cars....at least in the near future.
    He also said he wants a new M1.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    24
    Rep Points
    25.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    He also said he wants a new M1.
    Yes I am not sure if the direction M is taking has officially been mapped out yet. There is currently a move away from the mass market appeal strategy under Dr. Kay Segler that produced the current M5, M6, X5M and X6M, as profitable as those projects are. I am somewhat confident that a 4 cylinder turbo is being considered for the M2 but a final decision has yet to be made. A detuned S55 would be my favorite realistic option, however, I am still holding out hope for a NA straight six. In a car this light and low volume, I think it could meet emissions standards.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •