Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlargenice !

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Another convert here! Changed it yesterday, and so far I'm liking it. Never had 2nd grind on me or lock me out on the OEM fluid but 2nd has always been a bit notchy and required the most amount of force to engage. The redline once warm is noticeably better. Only issue I had was I don't think my car was perfectly level and I ended up putting in the full two quarts as it never started to overflow. The OEM oil only filled up about 1 1/2 quarts when transferring it to the empty redline bottles. Hope that's okay...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That $#@! is magic, my 2012 civic si shifted terrible for a year and a half, switched to redline and it is buttery smooth and no more hang ups or grinding!

Only minor issue is it is a bit thick when really cold, like 20 degrees cold and the shifting is a little stiffer than stock, but we'll worth it for how it fixes all shifting issues I had!
    2008 E93 Giac Stage 2, HPF IC, Injen Intake, Defective AR Design DP's with useless cats
    2014 X3 35i JB Stage 1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ok so I put in GM Synchromesh and have only driven the car for probably 50 miles since then but it's definitely much smoother. Anyways now i'm worried because over on the other forum I was told that these transmissions (Getrag) don't get a long well with the things in synchromesh and it can cause things to wear out quicker. Can anyone confirm this? I definitely don't want to wear it out quicker, just got it so that cold weather performance would be good and and no 1-2 grind
    Click here to enlarge < Click picture for photoshoot
    E90 335i xDrive 6spd, Nav, Prem, Cold Weather, & Sports package - Msport Conversion
    Mods: JB4 + MHD, Doc Race ST, Pure 6266, AD-Eng PI/Mounts, Fuel-It st. 3, Custom Exhaust, Tuned by TwistedTuning
    More Pictures: Build Thread /// Dyno Soon to Come

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    335i 6MT is made by ZF. I believe the 328i is a Getrag.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by euro92 Click here to enlarge
    335i 6MT is made by ZF. I believe the 328i is a Getrag.
    Everything i have ever read says the 335i used a Getrag 6MT... Basically same transmission as the E39 M5.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I run MT90 in my Maserati trans too. Used to have a hard time getting first or reverse when cold and second would notch.
    Had it in a week and a half and it feels like a brand new trans
    Because racecar.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Everything i have ever read says the 335i used a Getrag 6MT... Basically same transmission as the E39 M5.
    GS6-53BZ/DZ, Same transmission used in E9X M3 and E6X M5 as well as other models...
    Z = ZF (BMW Transmission Designation PDF)

Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by euro92; 01-16-2014 at 03:18 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by euro92 Click here to enlarge
    GS6-53BZ/DZ, Same transmission used in E9X M3 and E6X M5 as well as other models...
    Z = ZF (BMW Transmission Designation PDF)

Click here to enlarge
    Interesting... diesel gear ratios ftl.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So should I get rid of the synchromesh and switch to redline?
    Click here to enlarge < Click picture for photoshoot
    E90 335i xDrive 6spd, Nav, Prem, Cold Weather, & Sports package - Msport Conversion
    Mods: JB4 + MHD, Doc Race ST, Pure 6266, AD-Eng PI/Mounts, Fuel-It st. 3, Custom Exhaust, Tuned by TwistedTuning
    More Pictures: Build Thread /// Dyno Soon to Come

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by psmith95 Click here to enlarge
    So should I get rid of the synchromesh and switch to redline?
    Yes, I would.
    Because racecar.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Anyone running this fluid in the winter? How does it fare below freezing? Worse than stock?
    I sometimes get gear grind in second even when the clutch is fully pressed...but only happens the very first 2nd gear shift in cold weather...oem fluid feels notchy when cold. Is this better or worse for winter?
    [02/07 E92 335i 6MT] - Under Construction

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Its thicker than oem so it'll be as you described in cold weather..
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Anyone send a sample to black stone by chance? After breaking this trans I am terrified to do it again.
    Honda CBR 1000RR, Superbike Supply, Arrow, HRC, BMC, Lee's Cycle, Galfer, EBC, Revzilla, AXO, Dainese, Scorpion Helmets

Honda Grom, most fun you'll ever have on 2 wheels.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by StinkyM Click here to enlarge
    Anyone send a sample to black stone by chance? After breaking this trans I am terrified to do it again.
    How did you break your trans?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tzu Click here to enlarge
    +1. how? lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tzu Click here to enlarge
    Havent done any internal investigation yet, but I was shifting hard from 2-3 and the car got stuck in gear. A lot of people complain about a locking pin which locks the transmission in gear. I inspected that and the pin is still intact. Going to maybe tear it apart and make it a fun project. Or just sell the bellhousing to an smg car .
    Honda CBR 1000RR, Superbike Supply, Arrow, HRC, BMC, Lee's Cycle, Galfer, EBC, Revzilla, AXO, Dainese, Scorpion Helmets

Honda Grom, most fun you'll ever have on 2 wheels.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I just made the switch to MT-90 this weekend. Shift feel is much improved when combined with Rogue Engineering trans mounts.

The car sat outside all day in 35* weather (it's cold for me, don't make fun) and shifting was sluggish at first, as expected. But the trans warmed up and felt nice pretty quick, < 5 mins.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Does switching to 100% MT-90 help with the lwfw chatter? If so how much?

I was about to do this: www.uucmotorwerks.com/html_techtip/techtips/tranny_rattle.htm <--I have read from people who have used it that it almost eliminated all of the lwfw chatter.

Has anyone successfully raise their idle RPM permanently? I think this with the uuc oil combo would do the trick. The lwfw is ok now, chatters when it is all warmed up, but in the summer I think it is going to be louder more of the time. I would prefer not to hold in the clutch at every stop light or in traffic...

Any responses are welcome.

Thanks
    E92 Bren Tune / E90 PTF Tune / E70 Twin Turbo Diesel JBD

Got Boost?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @dzenno@PTF You have a light weight flywheel correct? Have you tried different fluid changes and if so how did they effect the chatter? Was the MT-90 the only fluid you tried?

Got Boost?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Bump! About to order some fluids for Manual trans fluid swap and I'm kind of stuck between two: Redline D4ATF and Redline MT-90..

Which would you guys recommend to someone in California? Relatively warmer weather all year round - lowest temps are about 45 degrees on the coldest days...I noticed the MT-90 is quite a bit thicker than the D4...With that said I want to prevent sluggish shifts and longer warm up times on a Cold start...What do you guys think? Thanks in advance for any help or feedback!
    PERFORMANCE: Cobb AP \ JB4 \ DCI \ AR Downpipes \ CX FMIC \ ER Chargepipe \ Synapse BOV \ KW V2 \ Muffler Delete \ CDV \ ZHP Shifter \ Cyba Scoops
    FUN: LC Lemans 19" \ M3 Front \ Mtech Rear \ JL 10W6 \ ModMyNav \ V1 Hardwired \ LUX H8 \ Gloss Black Trim \ Cyba Quads \ Cyba Mtech Diffuser

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rooringhusky Click here to enlarge
    Bump! About to order some fluids for Manual trans fluid swap and I'm kind of stuck between two: Redline D4ATF and Redline MT-90..

Which would you guys recommend to someone in California? Relatively warmer weather all year round - lowest temps are about 45 degrees on the coldest days...I noticed the MT-90 is quite a bit thicker than the D4...With that said I want to prevent sluggish shifts and longer warm up times on a Cold start...What do you guys think? Thanks in advance for any help or feedback!
    FWIW I bought MT-90 and will be installing when it arrives. The good news is whatever you go with it is cheap to experiment with. I would suggest going thicker to thinner.

Got Boost?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks for the response Torgus...I agree its definitely cheap to experiment thats for sure (thank god for simple manual transmissions)...

Just thinking out loud but for whatever reason I feel MT-90 might be too thick compared to the other fluids...Maybe its just me but thats kind of holding me back from finalizing a decision...I guess I might have to take your advice and buy both to see which I end up liking...Back to the drawing board Click here to enlarge
    PERFORMANCE: Cobb AP \ JB4 \ DCI \ AR Downpipes \ CX FMIC \ ER Chargepipe \ Synapse BOV \ KW V2 \ Muffler Delete \ CDV \ ZHP Shifter \ Cyba Scoops
    FUN: LC Lemans 19" \ M3 Front \ Mtech Rear \ JL 10W6 \ ModMyNav \ V1 Hardwired \ LUX H8 \ Gloss Black Trim \ Cyba Quads \ Cyba Mtech Diffuser

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    im running Redline D4ATF currently have have for a year. It is better than stock but still not perfect when shifting hard into second. I have MT-90 that i will be switching to shortly
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    One of the guys earlier in this thread is what got me worried...sounds like similar climates to where im from:

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Grease Monkey Click here to enlarge
    My shop switched me to MT-90 last month when I flushed all "lifetime" fluids. The 1-2 shifts (as with the rest) are noticeably smoother now. Even in 80 degree heat I find getting into 1st from neutral is very difficult until the car has warmed up a bit. Before I could easily get into 1st with the car rolling to/from a stop, but now the car must be at a complete stop to do so. After a few minutes it behaves just like before, though all other gear shifts operate effortlessly when cold. I'm sure it'll be more pronounced in the winter, but I am fine with that compromise for overall smoothness.
    But based on @Torgus and @rdeterman as well all the others guys prior...I think I might just go for MT-90 hahaha Click here to enlarge Thanks guys...Keep opinions coming if anyone else has additional experience...Thanks again

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast