Close

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So since it's colder where I am I picked up Amsoil Synchromesh MTF, which is similar viscosity to the GM Synchromesh and Redline MTL fluids. Putting it in as I write this so I'll give an update later tonight. Was going to mix 50/50 MTF and MTG but figured for the poor weather (3 degrees Celsius today) I should just run straight MTF.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Took her for a drive and initial impressions vs. Redline D6 (2000km on it) are that it is MUCH LESS notchy then before. Second gear seems so just slide in. Haven't attempted a WOT 1st to 2nd yet because of the rain but so far I'm happy.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Weekend project Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    And for the 135I?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by brusk Click here to enlarge
    I think at these torque levels it would be a good idea to replace all the bushings when you get a chance. I replaced my trans bushings with M3 which are just like the stock ones just beefier. I did all the M3 bushings for the trans and rear subframe (a must for a 1 series) and haven't felt any more vibration or negative affects just a more solid car. Just have to replace the one motor mount at some point.
    You dont perhaps have the part numbers for the M3 bushings? both the trans and rear subframe?
    And was it a direct replacement on the 1er?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by danzio2020 Click here to enlarge
    So since it's colder where I am I picked up Amsoil Synchromesh MTF, which is similar viscosity to the GM Synchromesh and Redline MTL fluids. Putting it in as I write this so I'll give an update later tonight. Was going to mix 50/50 MTF and MTG but figured for the poor weather (3 degrees Celsius today) I should just run straight MTF.
    I was gonna grab some Red Line MT-90 at NAPA tomorrow, want me to pick some up for you? Then do fluid change at my place?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Bmsport135 Click here to enlarge
    And for the 135I?
    Same transmission so same quantity
    Alpine White 2008 6MT 335i - Cobb AP - PTF Tuned - RB Turbos - AR DPs - VRSF 3.5" exhaust - Custom FMIC - 380mm BBK F&R - BMS DCI - M3 DCT LSD - Whiteline subframe bushes - M3 Sways and rear arms - M3 wishbones - ER CP - Spec Stage 3+ clutch and steel SMFW - AST 4100 Coilovers - UUC DSSR -UUC Black tranny mounts - TMS Alu diff bushes - Forge DVs - Aquamist HFS-4 meth - Alufelgen CS7s - BMWP V1 Steering Wheel

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by idnan Click here to enlarge
    Thanks man.
    Click here to enlargeFuel injection is cool, but i would rather be blown.Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

http://lovehorsepower.com/joomla/ind...=326&Itemid=94

This guy says it took about 2.5 quarts so I bought 3 to be safe.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by justjosh Click here to enlarge
    http://lovehorsepower.com/joomla/ind...=326&Itemid=94

This guy says it took about 2.5 quarts so I bought 3 to be safe.
    Possibly because he used 100metres of nylon tubing and spilt loads down the side of the tranny. No harm in playing it safe though Click here to enlarge
    Alpine White 2008 6MT 335i - Cobb AP - PTF Tuned - RB Turbos - AR DPs - VRSF 3.5" exhaust - Custom FMIC - 380mm BBK F&R - BMS DCI - M3 DCT LSD - Whiteline subframe bushes - M3 Sways and rear arms - M3 wishbones - ER CP - Spec Stage 3+ clutch and steel SMFW - AST 4100 Coilovers - UUC DSSR -UUC Black tranny mounts - TMS Alu diff bushes - Forge DVs - Aquamist HFS-4 meth - Alufelgen CS7s - BMWP V1 Steering Wheel

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I'm doing mine this weekend hopefully. I tried the UUC cocktail (Redline 75W140NS and D4 mix) to reduce the flywheel chatter and now the 1st to 2nd shift is horrible. I did the fluid change at the same time as the clutch change and my tranny was on a bench and 2 quarts was enough that time.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Possibly because he used 100metres of nylon tubing and spilt loads down the side of the tranny. No harm in playing it safe though Click here to enlarge
    LOL! I couldn't find any local so I didn't want to run out...If there was some available close to me I would have just picked up 2.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Bmsport135 Click here to enlarge
    You dont perhaps have the part numbers for the M3 bushings? both the trans and rear subframe?
    And was it a direct replacement on the 1er?
    HPA has the rear subframe bushings and they also rent the bushing tool. The only catch is two of them go in from the top so you have to drop the rear subframe almost completely. Makes it a good time to do LSD and brake lines since they all get disconnected.

http://hpashop.com/BMW-Rear-Subframe...e-bushings.htm

As for trans bushings I had two of each (bushings and upper and lower nuts) 22 32 2282 340, 22 31 6 760 944, 07 12 9 904 011
    2008 135i - Cobb AP, JB4 G5 w/2Step&FSB, MS DP's, Berk street exhaust, AMS IC, VTT Inlets, UR Intake, ER CP w/Tial BOV, Spec 3+ & Steel FW, CDV delete, Quaife LSD, DSS Axles, M3 control arms, M3 rear SF bushings, M3 Trans bushings, SS brake lines. Pics

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Just changed the tranny fluid with MT90. Took the car for a spin....NICE!!!!! I'm a believer! How tight did you guys make the drain and fill bolts?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sranch335i Click here to enlarge
    Just changed the tranny fluid with MT90. Took the car for a spin....NICE!!!!! I'm a believer! How tight did you guys make the drain and fill bolts?
    hand tighten and a slight snug up from the wrench, basically what i do for the oil drain plug.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    hand tighten and a slight snug up from the wrench, basically what i do for the oil drain plug.
    Perfect! Thx...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by brusk Click here to enlarge
    HPA has the rear subframe bushings and they also rent the bushing tool. The only catch is two of them go in from the top so you have to drop the rear subframe almost completely. Makes it a good time to do LSD and brake lines since they all get disconnected.

http://hpashop.com/BMW-Rear-Subframe...e-bushings.htm

As for trans bushings I had two of each (bushings and upper and lower nuts) 22 32 2282 340, 22 31 6 760 944, 07 12 9 904 011
    You forgot to mention that those transmission mounts are actually for an E46 M3 and not an E9x M3. I believe the E9x M3 transmission mounts are a different shape and are not compatible. Did you need to buy replacement nuts? I didn't order them so hopefully it's ok to just reuse the original ones.

I bought a gallon of the MT-90 the other day as well as a pair of the E46 M3 transmission mounts so will be doing that very soon. With the BMWP SSK it's crazy notch in 1st and 2nd.
    Stuff

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Sorry yeah E46 M3 bushings for the trans. I don't remember if the nuts were required I pulled that info off of somebody elses DIY when I did mine. I think maybe 2 of the nuts might have been different. Figured it was cheap insurance to make sure I had the right parts.
    2008 135i - Cobb AP, JB4 G5 w/2Step&FSB, MS DP's, Berk street exhaust, AMS IC, VTT Inlets, UR Intake, ER CP w/Tial BOV, Spec 3+ & Steel FW, CDV delete, Quaife LSD, DSS Axles, M3 control arms, M3 rear SF bushings, M3 Trans bushings, SS brake lines. Pics

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I just changed my transmission fluid to the Redline MT-90 yesterday. Car has 48,000kms and was running the original OEM fluid from the factory. It also has a BMWP SSK with the BMW gear knob. The fluid drained was a dark brown and of a watery consistency. There was quite a lot of metal particulates in the fluid itself. I used a $5 plastic petrol siphon pump thingy to fill it up but gave it a few small pumps before plugging the drain hole to help flush some more of the older fluid out. Probably ended up using just over half of my 1 gallon bottle.

Ever since I purchased the car (already had the SSK) it's been quite notchy, requiring a lot of force to get the car into 1st, 2nd or reverse gears. Since the MT90, whilst it's still notchy it's definitely smoother. There's little to no grind and the force required to get it into gear is significantly less.

Taking it out to the strip on Wednesday so we'll see how it goes. Also have a set of E46 M3 transmission mounts that should arrive within the next week.

Thanks @dzenno@PTF for the tip.
    Stuff

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

dzennoPTF. That's why I changed it. I had terrible second gear grind with factory fluid. My fluid coming out was black. I made the change to Millers stuff. Couldn't be happier. Occasional grind but that's more due to me being over zealous.

If you ever want to try one more option for kicks check out Millers Oils.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Anyone having issues with the MT-90 or smooth sailing? How bad (if at all) is the economy hit? I am about to swap fluids and am a bit concerned going from so thin to so thick, but I think I am ready to give it a try...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rudypoochris Click here to enlarge
    Anyone having issues with the MT-90 or smooth sailing? How bad (if at all) is the economy hit? I am about to swap fluids and am a bit concerned going from so thin to so thick, but I think I am ready to give it a try...
    I honestly haven't been monitoring fuel economy but the car drives great. I noticed it is a little bit harder to get into gear when the fluid is cold, but it's not bad a talk and heats up quick.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

changed mine out a month ago to the mt-90 and I must say in the cold weather its a little hard to get in gear but once the car is warm everything is fine . cant say it feels any better than stock fluid but I was a lucky one who's 2nd gear was not that bad.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Colder weather will bring out a bit harder shifting when gear oil is cold. Once it warms up its back to normal. A PTF ssk is soon to be released as well that will considerably improve on the current SSK offerings out there. Should have it in for final testing on my car this week Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@PTF Click here to enlarge
    Colder weather will bring out a bit harder shifting when gear oil is cold. Once it warms up its back to normal. A PTF ssk is soon to be released as well that will considerably improve on the current SSK offerings out there. Should have it in for final testing on my car this week Click here to enlarge
    I want this SSK Click here to enlarge

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast