Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by crash32 Click here to enlarge
    Also, a slightly off the topic question.

With increased levels of boost I understand that it becomes harder to keep the air cool that is being forced into the engine which is why people are getting larger intercoolers (at least this is my understanding). With the meth kit, my engine will run cooler. Will this help with the fact that I will be running the factory IC or is the air temperature that is being forced into the cylinders completely separate from engine temp?
    As the coolingmist guy and Terry said, it's pretty hard to screw up meth unless you are extremely aggressive and tune for crazy octane without a failsafe. I haven't heard of anyone hydrolocking a motor but it is possible if you somehow start dumping massive amounts of meth/water in the intake and it does not all evaporate.

The higher boost levels will put more stress on the turbos, but again I haven't heard of anyone killing their stock turbos through meth maps. Dinan stopped at about 13.2 psig and tapers boost at higher rpm to avoid excessive turbo speeds and accelerated wear FWIW. There seem to be plenty of people running much higher boost than 13.2 psig without the turbos bursting into flames...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Terry runs them up to about 20-22 ... then they shoot lazer beams out their frikin heads... He say 18 and then they stop making power... Bmw techs are convinced that 14 is the magic number.

I have had my pump get stuck on while I was in park.... It was the scariest thing I have ever witnessed with my car... I didn't know what to do, I jumped out, popped the hood and pulled the power on my Devils Own pressure switch. It had pushed up against my strut bar and grounded itself ( Highly unlikely this would ever happen to anyone else). I thought it looked great hanging from it but now I have a much better place for it. Log timing and monitor often to make sure your not pushing too much boost and you will be just fine. Meth is good for your car....It runs better, cleaner, cooler..
    2007 E90 non sport, JB3 2.0 18ohm, Labonte Progressive Meth, Cooling Mist Solenoid & Nozzles CM5 & M7, Ar DPs, Hyperboost Diverter Valves, M3 19s, M3 Rear Carbon Spoiler, Koni FSD, ZSP Springs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    meth will make you Click here to enlarge that is all.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    as some have said, with the right failsafes, meth will only help your engine. meth has a bad rap from evo/sti guys and before who ran basic kits without failsafes. not to mention, meth controllers and failsafes have come a long way, as have the tunes and tuning.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12