Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 52
  1. #26
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,969
    Rep Points
    2,916.2
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    30


    3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Lazy asses.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

    Click here to enlarge

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    1,104
    Rep Points
    1,398.3
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Lazy asses.
    Is this from excel? Do you have a template or?
    Click here to enlarge
    997.1 tt
    Kline 200cell exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    Cobb E85 custom stage3 tune by Mitch
    ID1000 injectors
    Sachs stage 2.5 clutch

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,213
    Rep Points
    9,337.8
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    94


    Yes Reputation No
    Wow that's a lot of advance at peak HP. Normally you'd only need that for 100% E85. How much less power did it make with 12 degrees at peak HP instead of 15.5 degrees?
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,969
    Rep Points
    2,916.2
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    30


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xbox_fan Click here to enlarge
    Is this from excel? Do you have a template or?
    Yes. Search for the @Zasquatch datalog grapher. Zasquatch... the man, the myth, the legend.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

    Click here to enlarge

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    www.bootmod3.com
    Posts
    6,693
    Rep Points
    3,352.2
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Wow that's a lot of advance at peak HP. Normally you'd only need that for 100% E85. How much less power did it make with 12 degrees at peak HP instead of 15.5 degrees?
    On Saturday when I did this dyno the power started lower as a baseline on the pump/meth tune than on the colder night when I did the pump/meth tuning. This is why I think dyno numbers wise there is a bit more to be had on in nice conditions. Every degree added in this map provided gains without timing corrections. I've tested all the way up to 17.5deg but there was knock there and no additional power past what is shown in that log so it was pulled back. Keep in mind, we have VANOS changes in our maps that can alter the timing as well as wastegate duty cycles picture from one tune to the next.
    Click here to enlarge

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,213
    Rep Points
    9,337.8
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    94


    Yes Reputation No
    Does it hold that advance on the street from gear to gear? With a 100% stock motor that seems like a lot more advance than it should want. On the RB testing here I stopped picking up peak power around 12.5 degrees w/ 100% MS109 & enough meth to drown a gnome. At something like 20psi. I wonder if the turbo differences are contributing to the tuning differences.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    www.bootmod3.com
    Posts
    6,693
    Rep Points
    3,352.2
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Does it hold that advance on the street from gear to gear? With a 100% stock motor that seems like a lot more advance than it should want. On the RB testing here I stopped picking up peak power around 12.5 degrees w/ 100% MS109 & enough meth to drown a gnome. At something like 20psi. I wonder if the turbo differences are contributing to the tuning differences.
    Click here to enlarge read my post again about VANOS. There are some tricks there. There is an odd random minor correction at times here and there on the street on one or two cylinders but its pretty typical to see given meth doesn't distribute evenly like fuel does coming from the injectors. This is another reason why I hate to rely on meth for high hp setups. With a JB though you wouldn't ever see those logging just cylinder 1 timing and why I keep pushing and harping about tuning WITHOUT meth. Has nothing to do with failsafes. It has everything to do with cylinder distribution.

    Maybe the race gas I'm using is a bit different than MS109. I use Mark 2 from Pro Racing Fuels but the guys there say its the same or very similar to MS109 from VP.

    From gear to gear there are corrections like on every car I've seen so far with/without meth. Once you add timing logging to the JB you'll be able to realize just how horrific some of those cylinder 2-6 timing logs can end up looking like with cylinder 1 just happily firing away being all quiet making it seem like everything is hunky-dory Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by dzenno@PTF; 08-19-2013 at 04:58 PM.
    Click here to enlarge

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    667
    Rep Points
    1,749.3
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    18


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Lazy asses.
    This forum can make threads about pressure drop calculations through intercoolers, meth bung location for even fluid distribution, reverse engineering ECU's for at home flash tuning yet what kicks our asses every time is graphing in excel. lol

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    www.bootmod3.com
    Posts
    6,693
    Rep Points
    3,352.2
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SCGT Click here to enlarge
    This forum can make threads about pressure drop calculations through intercoolers, meth bung location for even fluid distribution, reverse engineering ECU's for at home flash tuning yet what kicks our asses every time is graphing in excel. lol
    LOL i think someone just wants to really make it look like its kicking our asses..use @Zasquatch's graphing tool, super easy
    Click here to enlarge

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    667
    Rep Points
    1,749.3
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    18


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Should have just posted a pie chart lololol

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    www.bootmod3.com
    Posts
    6,693
    Rep Points
    3,352.2
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SCGT Click here to enlarge
    Should have just posted a pie chart lololol
    LOL
    Click here to enlarge

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,213
    Rep Points
    9,337.8
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    94


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@PTF Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge read my post again about VANOS. There are some tricks there. There is an odd random minor correction at times here and there on the street on one or two cylinders but its pretty typical to see given meth doesn't distribute evenly like fuel does coming from the injectors. This is another reason why I hate to rely on meth for high hp setups. With a JB though you wouldn't ever see those logging just cylinder 1 timing and why I keep pushing and harping about tuning WITHOUT meth. Has nothing to do with failsafes. It has everything to do with cylinder distribution.

    Maybe the race gas I'm using is a bit different than MS109. I use Mark 2 from Pro Racing Fuels but the guys there say its the same or very similar to MS109 from VP.

    From gear to gear there are corrections like on every car I've seen so far with/without meth. Once you add timing logging to the JB you'll be able to realize just how horrific some of those cylinder 2-6 timing logs can end up looking like with cylinder 1 just happily firing away being all quiet making it seem like everything is hunky-dory Click here to enlarge
    I'd definitely want to see 2-6, or mainly 5, before trying to push advance up to 16psi on the road @ peak hp at these power levels on stock frame turbos. Our RB map for example runs around 11 degrees at peak HP and is intended for 19.5-20psi. @ 6500rpm boost drops to around 18psi and we run around 12 degrees. That is the typical setup we suggest for 500whp. For those wanting 520rw+ we add another 1.5 degrees there. I tested it up to around 15.5 on the dyno but stopped getting anything out of it around 12-13 degrees depending on the fuel. 12 for petroleum 13 for E85. They are timing levels we've used on 50+ RB cars that I've become comfortable with.

    It's curious yours wants so much more advance for a similar fuel and boost curve. I can't decide if that is a good or bad sign for the turbos. It might be a good thing if exhaust back pressure is being reduced somehow relative to what RBs run. How much overlap have you added??
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 08-19-2013 at 06:34 PM.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,267
    Rep Points
    32,707.2
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@PTF Click here to enlarge
    @Sticky, any way I can multi-quote respond? Somehow that seems to not be working anymore for me at least
    I disabled it as I prefer the cleaner look and to highlight what I intend to quote.

    If you need it back I'll put it back temporarily but it's eventually going to be removed permanently as it's redundant and ugly.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  14. #39
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,930
    Rep Points
    921.6
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    I'd definitely want to see 2-6, or mainly 5, before trying to push advance up to 16psi on the road @ peak hp at these power levels on stock frame turbos. Our RB map for example runs around 11 degrees at peak HP and is intended for 19.5-20psi. @ 6500rpm boost drops to around 18psi and we run around 12 degrees. That is the typical setup we suggest for 500whp. For those wanting 520rw+ we add another 1.5 degrees there. I tested it up to around 15.5 on the dyno but stopped getting anything out of it around 12-13 degrees depending on the fuel. 12 for petroleum 13 for E85. They are timing levels we've used on 50+ RB cars that I've become comfortable with.

    It's curious yours wants so much more advance for a similar fuel and boost curve. I can't decide if that is a good or bad sign for the turbos. It might be a good thing if exhaust back pressure is being reduced somehow relative to what RBs run. How much overlap have you added??
    I am a tuning n00b, I know, but are you saying it's possible that these turbos are putting less stress on the motor than RB at same boost levels allowing for more timing advance? If that is true, that is a great thing correct? What would the next step be on taking advantage?
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

    Click here to enlarge

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Midwest USA
    Posts
    1,140
    Rep Points
    2,446.4
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    25


    Yes Reputation No
    You still running the OEM inlet tubes? Good numbers here. That ASR hot side is mammoth.

    Rob

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    www.bootmod3.com
    Posts
    6,693
    Rep Points
    3,352.2
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34



    Yes Reputation No
    Yes still on those but have been thinking of doing some testing on them finally
    Click here to enlarge

  17. #42
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    187
    Rep Points
    395.9
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Yes Reputation No
    Some pretty solid numbers, it must suck that we're being hit with some super hot temps again haha.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DCAFS Click here to enlarge
    I think TZU actually snapped some pictures of these very turbos as they were being installed at Ivo's shop on an engine block that was being worked on a stand.
    I took some pics as well, but I don't think it's my place to post them up. I didn't even know what they were up until now. The specs seemed different to stage 2 and obviously weren't stage 3 haha, I guess this answers my Q now.
    jb4+fbo+meth

  18. #43
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    187
    Rep Points
    395.9
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    Full hard? You wouldn't want full hard, softer suspension will allow for more weight transfer to the rear on the drag strip resulting in harder/faster launches. Nonetheless, in non-ideal conditions 126 trap is still movin. (6MT world record run in his sig is 126.6mph @JStang so not slow) No, not WR, but in hot weather that's damn good.

    Don't you guys do LSD builds? Not saying you do them yourself, but I'd think someone over there at PTF could help you out! lol. Hopefully nothing is going bad and you don't need to rebuild, but it's a OS Giken and if you've had it for awhile, that may be the case.

    sorry mentioned trap speed and didn't realize other posts were made regarding it....my bad bro!
    When the rear end is soft on an IRS the squatting causes the alignment to change reducing the tire contact patch and soft bushings can cause deflection and toe-in so you'll be dragging the tires reducing efficiency.
    Camber and toe are the enemy in this situation and you want minimal changes in these with wheel travel.
    jb4+fbo+meth

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami Beach
    Posts
    1,087
    Rep Points
    513.4
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    so these are asr stage 1 turbos? numbers are similar to the dyno they did back in the day
    Click here to enlarge

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,213
    Rep Points
    9,337.8
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    94


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    I am a tuning n00b, I know, but are you saying it's possible that these turbos are putting less stress on the motor than RB at same boost levels allowing for more timing advance? If that is true, that is a great thing correct? What would the next step be on taking advantage?
    Just that it's curious this car is taking so much timing compared to a similar power output RB set. It could be better or could be worse. Or maybe a push.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    218
    Rep Points
    305.3
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@PTF Click here to enlarge
    I did make one pretty nice discovery though that I'm happy to share with other 6MT drag racing brothers out there, regardless of their tune choice Click here to enlarge in another thread
    Link? I can't see it :-).

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Houston under a book
    Posts
    1,419
    Rep Points
    2,749.0
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    28


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Carl Morris Click here to enlarge
    Link? I can't see it :-).
    +1 I saw that too. Spill it!

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    210
    Rep Points
    426.3
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    Thanks for the support...

    http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...ch%27s+datalog

    check out post #194 for the updated files. If anyone has any issues, let me know. A recent Office for Mac / OSX update caused some issues with the files on the "other forum". Haven't heard of anything over here so hopefully these weren't corrupted. Click here to enlarge

  24. #49
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,930
    Rep Points
    921.6
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Just that it's curious this car is taking so much timing compared to a similar power output RB set. It could be better or could be worse. Or maybe a push.
    I guess we'll see what happens when we tune my set Terry. Hopefully that's only about a month away now. Not sure if you remember, but I'm down here in hot Florida as well.
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

    Click here to enlarge

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    www.bootmod3.com
    Posts
    6,693
    Rep Points
    3,352.2
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Carl Morris Click here to enlarge
    Link? I can't see it :-).
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by V8Bait Click here to enlarge
    +1 I saw that too. Spill it!
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...ers-heads-up!-)
    Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •