Close

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If you want to tune get a custom dyno tune or don't bother.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    You have to remember the people who ARE buying his tune.... The people that have NEVER illustrated any dyno or acceleration data, just lots of "the car feels faster" threads and "Benvo was great to deal with"
    Yup, only butt-dyno reviews and posts, and not a single piece of data. But the windows go up and down if you use the key fob as an anal-bead. Awesome, Mike!
    991 C2S | Fabspeed Sport Headers with 200 Cell High Flow Cats | Sharkwerks Free Flow Exhaust | FVD Brombacher Muffler Bypass X-Pipe | KW H.A.S. | BBS CH-R's Matte Titanium | RSS Spacers (7mm) | Michelin Pilot Sport Cup

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Team Plutonium Click here to enlarge
    Yup, only butt-dyno reviews and posts, and not a single piece of data. But the windows go up and down if you use the key fob as an anal-bead. Awesome, Mike!

Click here to enlarge...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Banvo is finished.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i would take all this lists and disregard them. Ive seen soooo many people on M3p that have a username and do a lot of promo as a "reglar" member, but then see the same people in FB groups and they are dealers/shops, so its more hype than many actually think.

the best way to counteract those fell good threads, is if everyone justs posts something stupid in response like "LOL" (kinda like The Techs "looks good" responses)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Apparently benvo was the first to do cold start delete now.

He seems to think he is the first at everything now even if he did it after everyone. Lol

Dear Benvo.....
    Were you also the first to press K?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by evolve Click here to enlarge

He seems to think he is the first at everything now even if he did it after everyone. Lol

Dear Benvo.....
    Sal, you cheeky bastard. It's not nice to kick a thief/fraud while he's down. I just hope I still have my slot on the GroupBuy list for the "press k Mike" T-Shirt...

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Please tell me those shirts are actually happening.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Dear Benvo.....
    Did he/someone actually claim that? Silly.

He seemed to be the first to figure out the euro mdm stuff via coding I believe. That is what gets me - why not stick to that stuff (adding value and making money) instead of creating all this drama by tweaking a couple of variables on a previously-developed SC tune and calling it "retuned" based on a "butt dyno".

When I type it out like that, it sounds even more ridikulous.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The so called plot thickens through messages to us.

Apparently Robert (Pencil Geek), Roman, SickM3, Lostmarine, MkPOTO, MisterM are all 'Evolve HENCHMEN'.

All conspiring together to make up stories about the innocent Mike Benvo who never put a foot wrong. Evil plans with mystic black majic thrown in for fun coupled with evil Dr Evil laughs!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Apparently Robert (Pencil Geek), Roman, SickM3, Lostmarine, MkPOTO, MisterM are all 'Evolve HENCHMEN'.

All conspiring together to make up stories about the innocent Mike Benvo who never put a foot wrong. Evil plans with mystic black majic thrown in for fun coupled with evil Dr Evil laughs!!
    LOL Hilarious.
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    LOL

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is BS, again I'm being left out... what is your company's policy regarding ESS fanboys working part time as Evolve henchmen? Do I have to fill out a 1099 tax form? Are you guys offering insurance?

Anyway, I'm faxing Sal my resume now...
    991 C2S | Fabspeed Sport Headers with 200 Cell High Flow Cats | Sharkwerks Free Flow Exhaust | FVD Brombacher Muffler Bypass X-Pipe | KW H.A.S. | BBS CH-R's Matte Titanium | RSS Spacers (7mm) | Michelin Pilot Sport Cup

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

I will vouch for TP's history of ball-busting and backhanded forum humor. @Mike Benvo - please add TP to your list of henchmen.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This is BS, again I'm being left out... what is your company's policy regarding ESS fanboys working part time as Evolve henchmen? Do I have to fill out a 1099 tax form? Are you guys offering insurance?

there's enough kindling on the fire. Don't you have $#@!ty jokes and other misinformation to post on M3post??

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by s65e90 Click here to enlarge
    there's enough kindling on the fire. Don't you have $#@!ty jokes and other misinformation to post on M3post??
    I'll play along... what misinformation would that be?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'll play along... what misinformation would that be?
    just starting with your more recent posts: gas mileage from running no cats; and a tune being necessary for no cats.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    just starting with your more recent posts: gas mileage from running no cats; and a tune being necessary for no cats.
    Sorry for the thread jack: A tune is important if you want to get the full benefits of running cat less. And yes, your fuel consumption WILL go up without a tune and the CEL on the entire time. I know you have problems with reading comprehension...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sorry for the thread jack: A tune is important if you want to get the full benefits of running cat less. And yes, your fuel consumption WILL go up without a tune and the CEL on the entire time. I know you have problems with reading comprehension...
    that's mature. You're wrong simply put. I have run cars with and without cats and without a tune and yes the gains are still present. It's still worthwhile if you don't wanna fork out 1,000 for a "canned" tune. And the gas mileage?? It stays the same, or a little better from the better exhaust setup.

The tunes can extrapolate more power but again I haven't seen much other than these canned tunes that this thread is about. I'm holding out for a good dyno tuning session.

But from firsthand experience, I would def recommend removing the cats either way (tuned or not). Only annoying thing is the CEL, and there's other ways around that also. Point is, you talk in absolutes but your info is misguided.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

No!!

I am sorry. I do have confirmation that you were involved.

Welcome to the mob!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    that's mature. You're wrong simply put. I have run cars with and without cats and without a tune and yes the gains are still present. It's still worthwhile if you don't wanna fork out 1,000 for a "canned" tune. And the gas mileage?? It stays the same, or a little better from the better exhaust setup.

The tunes can extrapolate more power but again I haven't seen much other than these canned tunes that this thread is about. I'm holding out for a good dyno tuning session.

But from firsthand experience, I would def recommend removing the cats either way (tuned or not). Only annoying thing is the CEL, and there's other ways around that also. Point is, you talk in absolutes but your info is misguided.
    Pot meet Kettle.

I wrote that a tune will unlock the full potential (and more power) from a full exhaust. It is a fact. But yes, you still will have some power without a tune, I'm not disputing that. If a tune is worth that or not is debatable, but frankly if you go down the path of modding an extra $1K isn't really all that bad.

Your O2 sensors are basing fuel trims off the oxygen or lack thereof it is finding in the exhaust system before the main cats. When it sees this value before the cats the ECU determines what to change in the fuel/air mixture to reduce emission. So when you don't run a tune with no cats this information is all faulty and will mess up your fuel consumption. Hence me saying that a tune is beneficial. So no, I am not wrong. But thanks for playing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Pot meet Kettle.

I wrote that a tune will unlock the full potential (and more power) from a full exhaust. It is a fact. But yes, you still will have some power without a tune, I'm not disputing that. If a tune is worth that or not is debatable, but frankly if you go down the path of modding an extra $1K isn't really all that bad.

Your O2 sensors are basing fuel trims off the oxygen or lack thereof it is finding in the exhaust system before the main cats. When it sees this value before the cats the ECU determines what to change in the fuel/air mixture to reduce emission. So when you don't run a tune with no cats this information is all faulty and will mess up your fuel consumption. Hence me saying that a tune is beneficial. So no, I am not wrong. But thanks for playing.

Did you call IND for that??

Again it's wrong/not firsthand info from you. And not verbatim of what was posted "over there" I personally, have not seen any change in fuel consumption, running catless for thousands of miles. Maybe even a little better 1-2mpg as stated.

and FYI the primaries are ultimately responsible for fuel trims and the secondaries are to make sure everything (emissions) is working properly. If secondary o2's were doing a "full time" job then we wouldn't use emulators or even remove them altoghether on cars (yes you can do that).

I remember a while back people (incl. BENVO) discussing the fuel trims and what 2nd o2 sensors do, but even then there was no data to to back anything up. And well, now that we know what Benvo is up to.... well

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Challenging ScheerSchnell.... This should get interesting. Click here to enlarge

Anyways, back to Banvo. The Tech is still amassing sheep to be sheared for their group buy

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tibra123 Click here to enlarge
    Challenging ScheerSchnell.... This should get interesting. Click here to enlarge

Anyways, back to Banvo. The Tech is still amassing sheep to be sheared for their group buy

I see that, and it's like people are blinded and still lining up around the corner. I'm baffled really.. Although reading posts on that site doesn't surprise me considering.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I should add not to talk in absolutes. Yes the rear o2 may be able to slightly affect teh fuel trims, but I have yet to see it as the trims are again maintained by the primary sensors.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast