Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That video is classic!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I have used a couple sets with ARP bolts in the S65. Fantastic setup VACClick here to enlarge. Pinnacle.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mike@VAC Click here to enlarge
    single - our coated rod bearings are very predictable. After 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 revolutions the engines equipped with VAC coated rod bearings simply lock up. This ensures we keep our fancy machine shop busy.

On a serious note: on a weekly basis we sell dozens of sets of VAC coated rod and main bearings to just about every BMW engine builder in the world that matters. I can say with 100% confidence that these subject matter experts keep buying our bearings time and time again. If they were causing problems, they would obviously ask us to make a change or stop buying from us. FWIW, we have been selling these bearings since the early 1990s.

Also note, we are the largest supplier of hardcore performance BMW engine components in the world. I have a few hundred grand in pistons on the shelf at all times. Rods, cams, stroker cranks, valves, springs, rockers, dty sump kits, you name it. We also have well over 1M in the latest and greatest engine building equipment and CNC machinery in our engine shop. It would be pretty stupid to sell a 'bad' product. Sure, sometimes mistakes happen and stuff may be manufactured wrong (even OEM bearings!) but generally speaking with have a really really good track record with the engine parts we supply to the world.

I strongly suggest talking to a trusted engine builder directly when it comes to building engines - forget what you read on the internets. One with extensive BMW knowledge is better for obvious reasons. There is soo much knowledge that can't be googled or pieced together with theory. The level of misinformation surrounding engine building on the forums is staggering. There is a reason you don't see people from Dinan, VAC, PPF, KMS, AA and the many MANY other BMW engine experts talking about this stuff online...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    All I have to say is.....that video was hilarious!!!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Team Plutonium Click here to enlarge
    See, comments like these make it just too damn easy to rattle your cage. You are too emotional about these things.... it's not good for you. Having said that, I do appreciate that you enter the fray with no punches pulled. But long term... you need to control your heart-rate a little. Personally, I'm on nobody's payroll, have no investment in particular threads, and this is purely recreational for me. Although Singletrack and me are discussing opening a tuning company.... we just need to secure some base files first.

Anyway, I'm sure you are doing this as a little side business anyway, and you have a real job, so why get so emotional invested when people like me talk smack?

Sorry Mike for the thread-jack... Click here to enlarge

P.S. Any chance you could create a Porsche sub-forum for me? Thanks.
    You're overestimating your importance as it clearly has not affected me, the forum, or anything relevant. You seem to think me pointing out that you gossip behind peoples backs like a little girl and then calling you on it and watching your tone change instantly is getting way too emotional? I felt it was pointing out character flaws and hypocrisy.

But regardless, as I already stated, you aren't important to the topic. I just want you to be quite aware I do not solely have short term memory.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You're overestimating your importance as it clearly has not affected me, the forum, or anything relevant. You seem to think me pointing out that you gossip behind peoples backs like a little girl and then calling you on it and watching your tone change instantly is getting way too emotional? I felt it was pointing out character flaws and hypocrisy.

But regardless, as I already stated, you aren't important to the topic. I just want you to be quite aware I do not solely have short term memory.
    Agreed. However, talking smack on the "other" public forum is hardly talking behind your back, But again, I agree with you that this hardly matters since I'm not important or a relevant player in the tuning scene. I am aware that you have not forgotten my posts, but we all talk sh!t, on multiple forums, so I don't think it's a big deal. You and I can handle things like this just fine.Click here to enlarge
    991 C2S | Fabspeed Sport Headers with 200 Cell High Flow Cats | Sharkwerks Free Flow Exhaust | FVD Brombacher Muffler Bypass X-Pipe | KW H.A.S. | BBS CH-R's Matte Titanium | RSS Spacers (7mm) | Michelin Pilot Sport Cup

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Gotta love a well edited Hitler freak out from Downfall
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Did Mike get banned?
    991 C2S | Fabspeed Sport Headers with 200 Cell High Flow Cats | Sharkwerks Free Flow Exhaust | FVD Brombacher Muffler Bypass X-Pipe | KW H.A.S. | BBS CH-R's Matte Titanium | RSS Spacers (7mm) | Michelin Pilot Sport Cup

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @Mike: To clarify since you think I made the video (M5board...)... I did not. I have neither the time nor the patients to edit something like this. I'm also way too lazy.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I assume you guys saw this gem already? Click here to enlarge

http://youtu.be/_Zg-kxt1clg
    do i sense that the masterminds behind the ESS fanclub smell blood in the water and going after Evolve too? please tell me no.. it would be wise to try and take the high road if they want to get into a tuner war again, especially here Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    do i sense that the masterminds behind the ESS fanclub smell blood in the water and going after Evolve too? please tell me no.. it would be wise to try and take the high road if they want to get into a tuner war again, especially here Click here to enlarge
    I don't know who made the video, but I know that the folks from Evolve had fun watching it...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don't know who made the video, but I know that the folks from Evolve had fun watching it...
    i hear ya, just saw a few low key jabs thrown in there Click here to enlarge

in the words of ricky bobby "i just wanna go fast!"

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Probably Roman...if he can fit it in between home stereo installs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by singletrack Click here to enlarge
    Probably Roman...if he can fit it in between home stereo installs.
    lol.. that was funny

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I got neg rep for posting that here.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by UK M3 Click here to enlarge
    I got neg rep for posting that here.
    I have no idea what that means....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    We took it in jest. No hard feelings from us guys to whoever made the video although the username is interesting I doubt he would have the time to do something like that. ;-)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So, Benovo is the shiv of the M3 world. Good to know.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tzu Click here to enlarge
    Well, I know people have issues with Shiv, but he does have real tuning experience and they have also fabbed custom parts and systems and made it work. For instance, he tuned my buddy's custom WRX setup and did a very nice job.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tzu Click here to enlarge
    We all dislike Shiv and all, but even Shiv deserves more credit than this guy...
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I got my soap-opera fix for this month. Click here to enlarge

Welcome to the age of the "Torrent" tune.
    Click here to enlarge
    Evolve tuned E60 M5
    "It's like the F10 is the 911 Turbo to the E60's GT3."

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ...and the best part is that it'll be business as usual for benvo by next week.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bubu Click here to enlarge
    ...and the best part is that it'll be business as usual for benvo by next week.

this... and that's the problem; sh!t, not trying to sound bitter, but look at the group buy for his tune. People are still lining up around the corner to pay for an overpriced NA tune that's mailed to you. No offense to all the other tooners as well, but I remember paying 500 bucks for a true dyno tune that took about an hour by one of the best tuners in the world hands down.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by s65e90 Click here to enlarge
    this... and that's the problem; sh!t, not trying to sound bitter, but look at the group buy for his tune. People are still lining up around the corner to pay for an overpriced NA tune that's mailed to you. No offense to all the other tooners as well, but I remember paying 500 bucks for a true dyno tune that took about an hour by one of the best tuners in the world hands down.
    Why would anybody want to buy a weak ass canned NA tune? I don't get it.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Exactly, I don't understand it either. This is why my car is still on OEM software.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You have to remember the people who ARE buying his tune.... The people that have NEVER illustrated any dyno or acceleration data, just lots of "the car feels faster" threads and "Benvo was great to deal with"
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast