Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Benvo gets hit by banhammer on E90/M3post

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    thats funny.. i guess people like the BPM tune your pushing, they should, its derived from evolve, which is legit.

so your telling us that you remote tuned your first s/c s65 in a matter of a few hours and without proper tools, since it was remote tuned.. and magically its 100% legit from a safety aspect and drivability aspect.

OR
    you did what your good at and cracked someone elses tune and relabeled it.

im no fan of ESS' tuning, dont get me wrong, dlsj is wrong of he thinks im the only one saying it needs to be refined, there are plenty of people I know and talked to that have drivability issues, stalling, bucking/surging, long cranks and dangerous AFR's on it but thats not my point here..

custom tuning should be the norm, not the exception, but done by professionals, not hackers

2. #ADS

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

0 out of 5 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

This post by Mike Benvo is hidden due to excessive negative ratings. Click expand to view the post.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mike Benvo Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Derived from evolve? Pretty laughable. Perhaps I should post EVERY email between Sal and I... Any takers? Sal, do you give me permission?

And it's not the first boosted S65 we've tuned by any stretch of the imagination.

Take care.

Laughable is you and BPM trying to push $#@! that isnt yours.

Sal can say whatever he likes.
    He wasnt there.

you and I were. now im stating it, you read my full ECU, go ahead and deny it. there's a reason why you preferred i not sit in my own car while you worked on it, for about what, 3 hours, to do a couple light codings? yea.. try and back-peddle now, thats laughable.

go ahead and see what you started on bimmerpost, your own front man just admitted you guys had before and after dyno's, but then claimed you didnt.

only 1 of 2 things happened, either you couldnt fully see what the ecu was doing and the tune is still $#@!, or you cracked and adjusted ESS tune.. take your pick, but i think, given my own history with you, we know which one it is.

ah, you've tooned more than 1 s65? i assume your referring to the harrop setup your trying to get going huh? good luck with that one, id like to see how it performs

the fact you have time to respond here, but your boy on M3P cant post the data he has, but doesnt have, but has (?) tells everyone everything we need to know..

i wouldnt quit your day job just yet

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

the thread on m3post is pretty funny, some great comedy from the ess fanboys Click here to enlarge
    m3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)

6 out of 6 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Derived from evolve? Pretty laughable. Perhaps I should post EVERY email between Sal and I... Any takers? Sal, do you give me permission?

And it's not the first boosted S65 we've tuned by any stretch of the imagination.

Take care.
    Why don't you fly to Bahrain and sit down with Ejaz and chill over a sheesha instead of getting all wound up all of the time and coming out with comments which will lead to a nasty confrontation?

So your banned. So what.

So your being questioned on your tuning. So what. Wasn't everyone else? Go through some UK forums and see what we went through.

If people have caught you reading out cars with other tunes on them then that's your own stupidity. OR, if they have it wrong and think you did it when you didn't just have a reasonable dialogue with them and explain it.

What you don't do is start fighting with everyone.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by evolve Click here to enlarge
    Why don't you fly to Bahrain and sit down with Ejaz and chill over a sheesha instead of getting all wound up all of the time and coming out with comments which will lead to a nasty confrontation?

So your banned. So what.

So your being questioned on your tuning. So what. Wasn't everyone else? Go through some UK forums and see what we went through.

If people have caught you reading out cars with other tunes on them then that's your own stupidity. OR, if they have it wrong and think you did it when you didn't just have a reasonable dialogue with them and explain it.

yeah come on over @Mike Benvo I'll get you some good Sheesha/Hookah and some good Turkish coffee. Fix ya right up Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

damn, can I come?

sheesha and coffee are two of my vices lol
    Vargas Turbo Tech installation center, Houston Texas.
    http://www.facebook.com/BMWdoctor
    Book online appointments! http://abr.genbook.comhttp://abrhouston.com
    The only thing we can't fix, are broken hearts Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alex@ABRhouston Click here to enlarge
    damn, can I come?

Sure the more the merrier. BUT I want Lost Marine there too.
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inter1032 Click here to enlarge
    the thread on m3post is pretty funny, some great comedy from the ess fanboys Click here to enlarge
    suprisingly, theres good info from a lot of people!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1488 Post(s)

With how high strung some people in here are I think maybe xanax and not sheesha/coffee is the answer.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    With how high strung some people in here are I think maybe xanax and not sheesha/coffee is the answer.
    hahahhahaha
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

So your banned. So what.

The voice of reason!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

FWIW,

I think given the context of the toond s/c debate, this may be a decent quote:

Obviously tuners improve upon current software offered, they don't normally write software from "Scratch".

I am talented at what I do. Whether or not you realize this is of no consequence to me.
    the mindset of the guy.. doesnt believe in starting from scratch; is an accomplished hacker.. 1+1=2
    enjoy

Click here to enlarge

and you shouldnt be talking to a customer like this benvo, its really bad form
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    i thought the $350 i did pay was a deal!

so, i just thought of something.. If thats where the tunes came from, my car, then i paid for services, does that make me BPM customer #1 , LOL!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Truth

So your banned. So what.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

0 out of 5 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

This post by BikeMenvo is hidden due to excessive negative ratings. Click expand to view the post.

Last edited by BikeMenvo; 09-10-2013 at 01:27 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1488 Post(s)

Multiple accounts are against the rules please use your regular account I gave you some rep.

This whole thing is unnecessary but I won't stop you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Multiple accounts are against the rules please use your regular account I gave you some rep.

This whole thing is unnecessary but I won't stop you.
    I thought BikeMenvo was an obviously funny user name!

Definite respect for Sticky to not censor people unlike other forums out there. My thought is that if people are going to make accusations that are not true they should step up and prove it if challenged. The only reason why I'm upset about being banned on M3Post is because I can't respond to all of the lovely comments.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Doesnt matter what Sal says, was he there? Nope, you and I for 3 hours, tell us what took 3 hours Benvo? turn signals, LCI tails and DVD in motion 3 hours and $350 (remember you were charging me $800 until i said that was blasphemous)

yes, you wouldn't let me in the car, so i went for a walk remember..?

You keep wanting to attack Evolve as if they have something to do with this other than being the victim of your hackery. You just dont get it do you? This is about you stealing what was mine and created by someone else and reselling it.

You keep mentioning emails, noone cares what you and sal talked about, i certainly dont. Thats between you and he

LOL, you testimonials about witching from evolve. dude, you customers are a joke because they are a joke. no data, all butt dyno's and feelings. its ridiculous that you think anyone is switching from an evolve tune to your hack of it, at full price. oh, you see what i did there.. yea, everyone reading knows what you do.. hey man, you wanna try my tune for $200 to switch from xyz? lol.. should i post the emails and PM's? we can play that game Mike.. you and I can Click here to enlarge

I havent negged you, lol your so insecure. but you should be. Yes, lets continue posting facts and data.... just like is posted on M3P... Seems you and BPM just got your asses handed to you on over there though. That was an interesting read.. but yet, this is fun to watch you fail miserably. go ahead and do your best.. but remember , I was BPM customer #1 Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)

9 out of 9 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BikeMenvo Click here to enlarge

Also comical is the fact that Evolve posted about servotronic tuning within three hours of my official release to the public. Of course all of this is time stamped, dated, and pdfed. This was exactly like ESS offering remote DCT flashing a few hours after I officially offered it on the forum. Also time stamped and dated with records as well.
    Why is it comical?

There were an abundance of tuners offering rpm limit increase, speed delimit, cold start delete, octane power tuning, hardware specific tunes before you released BPM.
    You released those immediately.
    You also used the same hardware to flash the DME's.

However, you somehow feel if you come up with something new no one else can do it just because you took it to market first?

We released cold start delete on E60 M5 before anyone did. Big deal. ESS then released it days after. Did we complain or say it was comical? No. Why? Because they clearly know how to do it on the MSS60 and it's a doddle to find it on the MSS65. Their customers asked them if they could do it and and they could.

DCT tuning through the iFlash cable was released to everyone at the same time. You just took it to market before everyone. That is not your idea. That is a flash protocol license which is available to all that use the iFlash system.

As for the accusations of you copying our tunes, you know my feelings on this. The Evolve team all KNOW you are a copy cat tuner.

Your car was tuned multiple times with an evolve-R we sent you. All of the different options were individually done at your request. You raved about the tune but your low rpm problem was still there with the Akrapovic. Later you found the problem to be a fuel pressure issue which was fixed at BMW.

How you can come on here and then say it's laughable how your tuning could be derived from Evolve? Well let us discuss that in a bit more detail.

I personally trained you on how to use winOLS. You are fully aware of our running joke ..... 'PRESS K MIKE'
    This is less than 18 months ago.

For the readers to understand this I will explain.
    WinOLS is a powerful map editing software. In order to highlight a section of the code you need to first select it and then press 'K'. Then you can alter the start address, size of the map, offsets and factors.
    This was your first lesson and it was strange you asked that because it's actually in the instructions.

Then I had to teach you how to enter the addresses into the X and Y axis for RPM, Load or any other variable associated to that map. This again was very strange as it's quite obvious because you just look at the cells before the selected map and it's right there.... 400, 600, 1000.... 8000. The cell before this if you cared to ever look in 8 Bit tells you the size of the map. Very strange I had to explain that to you given your numerous claims to being an expert code dissasembly expert!

Our next lesson was about VANOS maps. Which was is retard and which way is advance. Even after lesson number 2 you still failed to enter the rpm's and loads into the correct Axis!

More lessons followed and we talked about ignition timing, fuel targets, relative filling maps etc etc.
    I had to teach you how to find fault tables and switch them off for CAT delete files.

I have taught you so much about basics it's unreal and you still didn't get it.

You called and emailed me multiple times to ask me what x y z maps were. On asking you why you wanted to know you made it clear you were looking at other people's read out maps.

Only 2 months ago you called to ask me how much timing you should add to the target ignition map for race gas. My answer to you was to stop hassling me and asking me stupid questions. You call yourself a tuner and you don't even know this very basic piece of information? You should stop tuning cars.

You called me with a whole list of addresses and asked me what those were. Throttle maps for comfort, sport and sport plus. The simplest maps in the world and you took great interest in those. You asked me if I changed them and I told you that's what we change on our instant throttle option and told you they would make the cars feel super responsive.

The simple fact is that you neither had any idea on how to use map editing software and you still to recent times are asking me questions which you should know yourself given that you have such a high opinion of yourself as a master tuner.

Another point is that you bluffed all the time saying you had the latest this and the latest that but you still had to call me to get the information on the maps?

So my question is this. How does a guy who has this little understanding suddenly go and tune a supercharger ESS 550 kit? How does a guy who is at the beginning of his career as someone who can 'alter' maps suddenly come out with all the features and stage 1/2 mapping?

You had non tuner protected Evolve maps and an evolve-R with multiple different files + your own master tool to read.

How did you tune the ESS car with so little understanding of engines and how they work? You have the map. How do I know that? Because you sent it to me.
    Where did you get it from?
    If you have ANY Vortech based ESS map you can simply apply a scaling factor to the fuel tables to suit the airflow for different pulleys. The characteristics are so close that you don't really need to make much other adjustment as the wide band 02 sensors will sort that out. I hope you altered the ignition timing because this is one area you still to this day don't understand. I was rather shocked you tuned a supercharged car, non inter cooled and you don't even know how much timing to use with race gas.

Further to this, you continually comment on other tuners maps and you did this in the open forum too. Talking about Dinan ignition targets.
    I emailed you constantly to stop doing this and learn this for yourself. You always responded and said 'don't tell me what I can and cannot do'.

Son, you are a copy cat and you have zero understanding of engine calibration.

You have completely shot yourself in the foot by for no reason making silly comments about our company on forums and getting your customers to make comparisons.

You do not screw the people over who taught you so much key information and spent so many hours guiding you. When you do that they get very very annoyed and they will then expose you for what you are.

All you had to do was keep quiet, carry on tuning cars and not intrude on anyone else. After all I handed it to you all on a plate. However, by nature you are a difficult individual and this is something people can see from your history on forums. You are continually banned from forums because you cannot listen. I have lectured you like a younger brother many times on how you should behave on forums yet you still didn't get it. You called me multiple times about problems with your own customers and getting into name calling. I had to explain to you that's not the way to deal with customers.

All went very horribly wrong when you started threatening me because I chose to post certain subjects relating to your new found knowledge on the forums and simply saying a few nice things about other vendors whom you have direct competition with.
    Turns out those guys also taught you everything and gave you coding files and you treated them exactly the same.

Your behaviour to the people who behaved nicely towards you is nothing short of horrendous.

Even two days ago I emailed you asking you what wrong I had ever done to you. When I have something to say to you it's on the phone or email. Not behind your back and not going out of my way to harm your business or you personally.

So what I am going to do now is to email ESS the very file you sent me. They will take that information and use it how they wish as I will give them full permission to do so. My simple confirmation in the open that you have these files and continue to read out competitor files is enough for people to know that you did not tune that car on your own. You just copied their tune, changed some maps and called it a day. This is the direct result of you trying to continually threaten me that I used an ESS file on our supercharger kit well after it was fully developed and running very well. Given you think a file made for a Vortech charge cooled system with totally different injectors would even remotely work on a Rotrex FMIC system shows how much you actually know. I repeatedly told you to stop threatening me but the chest beating has continued so ESS now know themselves you acquired the file.

All you had to do was keep your head down, behave and respect people.
    Last edited by evolve; 09-10-2013 at 10:51 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Why is it comical?

There were an abundance of tuners offering rpm limit increase, speed delimit, cold start delete, octane power tuning, hardware specific tunes before you released BPM.
    You released those immediately.
    You also used the same hardware to flash the DME's.

However, you somehow feel if you come up with something new no one else can do it just because you took it to market first?

We released cold start delete on E60 M5 before anyone did. Big deal. ESS then released it days after. Did we complain or say it was comical? No. Why? Because they clearly know how to do it on the MSS60 and it's a doddle to find it on the MSS65. Their customers asked them if they could do it and and they could.

DCT tuning through the iFlash cable was released to everyone at the same time. You just took it to market before everyone. That is not your idea. That is a flash protocol license which is available to all that use the iFlash system.

As for the accusations of you copying our tunes, you know my feelings on this. The Evolve team all KNOW you are a copy cat tuner.

Your car was tuned multiple times with an evolve-R we sent you. All of the different options were individually done at your request. You raved about the tune but your low rpm problem was still there with the Akrapovic. Later you found the problem to be a fuel pressure issue which was fixed at BMW.

How you can come on here and then say it's laughable how your tuning could be derived from Evolve? Well let us discuss that in a bit more detail.

I personally trained you on how to use winOLS. You are fully aware of our running joke ..... 'PRESS K MIKE'
    This is less than 18 months ago.

For the readers to understand this I will explain.
    WinOLS is a powerful map editing software. In order to highlight a section of the code you need to first select it and then press 'K'. Then you can alter the start address, size of the map, offsets and factors.
    This was your first lesson and it was strange you asked that because it's actually in the instructions.

Then I had to teach you how to enter the addresses into the X and Y axis for RPM, Load or any other variable associated to that map. This again was very strange as it's quite obvious because you just look at the cells before the selected map and it's right there.... 400, 600, 1000.... 8000. The cell before this if you cared to ever look in 8 Bit tells you the size of the map. Very strange I had to explain that to you given your numerous claims to being an expert code dissasembly expert!

Our next lesson was about VANOS maps. Which was is retard and which way is advance. Even after lesson number 2 you still failed to enter the rpm's and loads into the correct Axis!

More lessons followed and we talked about ignition timing, fuel targets, relative filling maps etc etc.
    I had to teach you how to find fault tables and switch them off for CAT delete files.

I have taught you so much about basics it's unreal and you still didn't get it.

You called and emailed me multiple times to ask me what x y z maps were. On asking you why you wanted to know you made it clear you were looking at other people's read out maps.

Only 2 months ago you called to ask me how much timing you should add to the target ignition map for race gas. My answer to you was to stop hassling me and asking me stupid questions. You call yourself a tuner and you don't even know this very basic piece of information? You should stop tuning cars.

You called me with a whole list of addresses and asked me what those were. Throttle maps for comfort, sport and sport plus. The simplest maps in the world and you took great interest in those. You asked me if I changed them and I told you that's what we change on our instant throttle option and told you they would make the cars feel super responsive.

The simple fact is that you neither had any idea on how to use map editing software and you still to recent times are asking me questions which you should know yourself given that you have such a high opinion of yourself as a master tuner.

Another point is that you bluffed all the time saying you had the latest this and the latest that but you still had to call me to get the information on the maps?

So my question is this. How does a guy who has this little understanding suddenly go and tune a supercharger ESS 550 kit? How does a guy who is at the beginning of his career as someone who can 'alter' maps suddenly come out with all the features and stage 1/2 mapping?

You had non tuner protected Evolve maps and an evolve-R with multiple different files + your own master tool to read.

How did you tune the ESS car with so little understanding of engines and how they work? You have the map. How do I know that? Because you sent it to me.
    Where did you get it from?
    If you have ANY Vortech based ESS map you can simply apply a scaling factor to the fuel tables to suit the airflow for different pulleys. The characteristics are so close that you don't really need to make much other adjustment as the wide band 02 sensors will sort that out. I hope you altered the ignition timing because this is one area you still to this day don't understand. I was rather shocked you tuned a supercharged car, non inter cooled and you don't even know how much timing to use with race gas.

Further to this, you continually comment on other tuners maps and you did this in the open forum too. Talking about Dinan ignition targets.
    I emailed you constantly to stop doing this and learn this for yourself. You always responded and said 'don't tell me what I can and cannot do'.

You have completely shot yourself in the foot by for no reason making silly comments about our company on forums and getting your customers to make comparisons.

You do not screw the people over who taught you so much key information and spent so many hours guiding you. When you do that they get very very annoyed and they will then expose you for what you are.

All you had to do was keep quiet, carry on tuning cars and not intrude on anyone else. After all I handed it to you all on a plate. However, by nature you are a difficult individual and this is something people can see from your history on forums. You are continually banned from forums because you cannot listen. I have lectured you like a younger brother many times on how you should behave on forums yet you still didn't get it. You called me multiple times about problems with your own customers and getting into name calling. I had to explain to you that's not the way to deal with customers.

All went very horribly wrong when you started threatening me because I chose to post certain subjects relating to your new found knowledge on the forums and simply saying a few nice things about other vendors whom you have direct competition with.
    Turns out those guys also taught you everything and gave you coding files and you treated them exactly the same.

Your behaviour to the people who behaved nicely towards you is nothing short of horrendous.

Even two days ago I emailed you asking you what wrong I had ever done to you. When I have something to say to you it's on the phone or email. Not behind your back and not going out of my way to harm your business or you personally.

So what I am going to do now is to email ESS the very file you sent me. They will take that information and use it how they wish as I will give them full permission to do so. My simple confirmation in the open that you have these files and continue to read out competitor files is enough for people to know that you did not tune that car on your own. You just copied their tune, changed some maps and called it a day. This is the direct result of you trying to continually threaten me that I used an ESS file on our supercharger kit well after it was fully developed and running very well. Given you think a file made for a Vortech charge cooled system with totally different injectors would even remotely work on a Rotrex FMIC system shows how much you actually know. I repeatedly told you to stop threatening me but the chest beating has continued so ESS now know themselves you acquired the file.

All you had to do was keep your head down, behave and respect people.

HOLY $#@!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Ciccha Pour Moi

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alex@ABRhouston Click here to enlarge
    damn, can I come?

Come with me to Morocco, lived there a while.. we can get you the above, some hash (not that I partake) and lots of sweet, sweet Moroccan pxxxy (oh wait is this G rated blog)
    E85 996 TTS RWD
    E39 540i
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

7 out of 7 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Sal - Told you not to help that guy out. I knew it was trouble from the beginning. Next time you don't listen to me I'm docking your already measly wages.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Why is it comical?

And on that bombshell Click here to enlarge
    E85 996 TTS RWD
    E39 540i
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Public shaming FTW.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)