Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Water Pump Speeds and Oil Temps

Since we are now going flash crazy, still no one has been able to find a way to increase water pump speed ?

On my previous tunes, Dinan and RENNtech, water pump speeds were increased. RENNtech increased the speeds significantly more that had a major impact on oil temps, Instead of 230ish temps in summer, I experienced 210ish normal temps.

I could beat the hell out of the car in 95 f temps and never would it touch 240. The highest it would get was 230ish and drop back down to 210ish in no time

I checked with Cobb and they said they have no way to increase water pump speeds.

FWIW, when I got the Cobb AP, out of curiosity I flashed Cobb's OTS map overwriting the RENNtech map without back up (later I eventually got an OEM backup)

Oil temps went back to regular stock reading 230 ish f. So some how the OTS overwrote the water pump table also with the stock table but yet Cobb doesn't have access to the water pump speed tables ?

If tables were overwritten, the Cobb OTS had to have used a stock table to overwrite and RENNtech table for water pump speeds ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge
    Since we are now going flash crazy, still no one has been able to find a way to increase water pump speed ?

On my previous tunes, Dinan and RENNtech, water pump speeds were increased. RENNtech increased the speeds significantly more that had a major impact on oil temps, Instead of 230ish temps in summer, I experienced 210ish normal temps.

I could beat the hell out of the car in 95 f temps and never would it touch 240. The highest it would get was 230ish and drop back down to 210ish in no time

I checked with Cobb and they said they have no way to increase water pump speeds.

FWIW, when I got the Cobb AP, out of curiosity I flashed Cobb's OTS map overwriting the RENNtech map without back up (later I eventually got an OEM backup)

Oil temps went back to regular stock reading 230 ish f. So some how the OTS overwrote the water pump table also with the stock table but yet Cobb doesn't have access to the water pump speed tables ?

If tables were overwritten, the Cobb OTS had to have used a stock table to overwrite and RENNtech table for water pump speeds ?
    The file that is written to the DME contains a lot more data than has been defined. The waterpump duty cycle tables are likely in that data, but Cobb has yet to define them. This is where the Open Source tuning can come in handy. Once useres define the waterpump duty cycle tables and create an XDF file, you can then tweak and tune them as you see fit. Cobb apparently hasn't defined these tables yet, and are overwriting them during the initial install, which means that the stock table would have been written over the Renntech tuned tables.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge