Close

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Roy got it to work with the INPA coding cable? How long did it take to read the stock ROM with that cable?

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Appreciated. And just to mention @Roy Cormier did get it working with INPA.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, DCI, 7" FMIC, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    Roy got it to work with the INPA coding cable? How long did it take to read the stock ROM with that cable?
    I don't know, you have to talk to him.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Appreciated. And just to mention Roy Cormier did get it working with INPA.
    Wow that's great! I knew someone would get it to work. I have an INPA cable I used to do some coding and load my B3 trans flash. I didn't understand what the BT cable could do that the INPA cable couldn't.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by e90man Click here to enlarge
    Wow that's great! I knew someone would get it to work. I have an INPA cable I used to do some coding and load my B3 trans flash. I didn't understand what the BT cable could do that the INPA cable couldn't.
    @ajm8127 explained it perhaps he doesn't mine posting that explanation here again.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by e90man Click here to enlarge
    The dumbed down version is that the protocol used for the PC to talk to the BT cable was known. The EDIABAS protocol that the INPA cable uses was not known. The protocol each cable uses to talk to the DME is the same, but the protocol used to talk to the cable is completely different.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Appreciated. And just to mention @Roy Cormier did get it working with INPA.
    This is misleading. There has be NO flashing done with the INPA cable. As has been said before, it should be possible and with more work it should work but it is not 'working'. Roy has made some progress in this area but its all very preliminary and is not 'working' right now.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 1200+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    This is misleading. There has be NO flashing done with the INPA cable. As has been said before, it should be possible and with more work it should work but it is not 'working'. Roy has made some progress in this area but its all very preliminary and is not 'working' right now.
    Ok cool I can be patient or order a cable. Don't have a G5 board yet so I'm in no hurry. It'd be great if it would work one day. For now I'm just along for the ride, so to speak.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    So far I've just been doing reading with an INPA cable, the test code sleeps 250ms between reads, so that comes out to 130.2 minutes to read an entire ROM. Which is obviously wayyyyyy too long, so that needs to be adjusted quite a bit.

I'd still recommend that people go with the BT cable for flashing. I only wrote that code to learn more about the protocol used to communicate with the DME, and it only works in Linux right at this time.
    Single Turbo E92 BMW 335i | My YouTube channel
    Click here to enlarge
    If you can leave black marks on a straight from the time you exit a corner till the time you brake for the next turn....... Then, you have enough horsepower.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Man, might be time for a raspberry Pi flashing and logging device eh?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Thanks for the info.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Roy Cormier Click here to enlarge
    So far I've just been doing reading with an INPA cable, the test code sleeps 250ms between reads, so that comes out to 130.2 minutes to read an entire ROM. Which is obviously wayyyyyy too long, so that needs to be adjusted quite a bit.

I'd still recommend that people go with the BT cable for flashing. I only wrote that code to learn more about the protocol used to communicate with the DME, and it only works in Linux right at this time.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, DCI, 7" FMIC, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

No it's not working but I believe Roy determined it can work.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Roy Cormier Click here to enlarge

There you go.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

I'm on step 3 and it says there is 579 minutes left. Is this normal?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by triggz Click here to enlarge
    I'm on step 3 and it says there is 579 minutes left. Is this normal?
    No.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Well I'm doing everything as directed. I do have a Kline 2007 hooked up to 55amp charger and map0.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Seems we have Kline issues.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well I'm doing everything as directed. I do have a Kline 2007 hooked up to 55amp charger and map0.
    I had to switch up laptops for it to work on my 2007 Kline. For some reason 2 Dell's were flaky, the HP worked like a charm.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

I've tried 2 laptops and both don't give me a voltage reading. It seems to get to step 3 within 10 minutes. After about 10 minutes on step 3, one laptop showed 600minutes remaining and the other showed 400 minutes remaining. I do have a third laptop I can try. Did you use the sticky version or the bms tweaked version? Does it matter if I hook up the charger from the engine bay?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

I've tried 2 laptops and both don't give me a voltage reading. It seems to get to step 3 within 10 minutes. After about 10 minutes on step 3, one laptop showed 600minutes remaining and the other showed 400 minutes remaining. I do have a third laptop I can try. Did you use the sticky version or the bms tweaked version? Does it matter if I hook up the charger from the engine bay?
    First, how long did you let the battery charge? Also, what processor do your computers have? Always post your logs.

Lastly, don't post issues into a thread like this. Create a new thread.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I would also like to know if you can use the engine bay points to hook up the charger.
    Kevin
    2011 335is 7DCT/JB4 G5-ISO BMS Flash
    2013 135is 6MT - JB4 G5-ISO
    FF Cobra Mk-IV work in progress

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory Click here to enlarge
    I would also like to know if you can use the engine bay points to hook up the charger.
    I do know that when the imobilizer stuff is active, the points in the engine bay don't do anything. I remember, because when I bought my car it was stuck on the truck for two hours because we couldn't get it out of park and the battery was dead.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I hooked jumper cables from my Work truck and everything worked fine from the engine bay. It took me 60 mins to read and 14 to write the first time. I did have an issue where I got an "Unable to erase memory" message so I disconnected the neg terminal and reinstalled. Did the write again and it took 2mins.

Kline 12/06 build.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory Click here to enlarge
    You want to use the jump post in the engine bay to charge, the IBS needs to see the charge to keep its charging profiles current.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I connected straight to the battery with a 40a charger. Voltage read 16.2. I have a Kline and the main issue was the computer I was initially attempting to read with. I used an AMD processor when an intel computer didn't work. AMD read it in 70 minutes and wrote in 12 minutes. The intel computer would give me a wait time between 2-3hrs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    627 Post(s)

It's going to be a long time before I'd trust flashing the DME with the eBay special cables.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast