Close

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Because a motor like the S65 will benefit more from a custom dyno tune as it is more difficult to extract power from and with an SC you want a professional tune.
    I'm not sure why you assumed I was talking about etuning. I was talking about tuning in general and using this as another tuning tool in as professional a manner as you can imagine.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky
    What's on the road map is on a need to know basis.
    I thought it was open source or about to be open source and the community could be involved? Maybe I'm not getting it. What determines the "need to know" criteria when it comes to the road map in an open source project?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

if I may make a suggestion, is it possible for the BT flash application to send a DME reset command for adaptations, etc?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@PTF Click here to enlarge
    I'm not sure why you assumed I was talking about etuning. I was talking about tuning in general and using this as another tuning tool in as professional a manner as you can imagine.

I thought it was open source or about to be open source and the community could be involved? Maybe I'm not getting it. What determines the "need to know" criteria when it comes to the road map in an open source project?

are you planning on offering e-tunes on the BT flash solution?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

I'm not really making any assumptions I'm saying the S65 should be professionally handled and it isn't on the road map.

I'm not going to talk about stuff that doesn't apply to the current software or may never come into existence as it's pointless. If someone will develop for other motors that would determine them needing to know.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    are you planning on offering e-tunes on the BT flash solution?
    Eventually, yes...think there's a post in this thread that I've made earlier that talks about what we'd need to pick it up for tuning but in short it is mainly to be at least as good as Cobb for datalogging, be able to get into the OS and start changing things such as boost limits, changing logic to use 3d fuel scalar tables instead of relying on what's already there, etc. Progress has been great so far and as long as the idea of a truly open source solution does come to fruition (and not just freeware) we'll support it.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

I'm not really making any assumptions I'm saying the S65 should be professionally handled and it isn't on the road map.
    What do you mean by "professionally"? A for purchase tool?

I'm not going to talk about stuff that doesn't apply to the current software or may never come into existence as it's pointless. If someone will develop for other motors that would determine them needing to know.
    Understood. You mentioned it wasn't on the road map. What is on the road map and why is the road map privy to only those that "need to know" and why do we have a "need to know" group in an open source solution when it comes to a road map?

I'm trying to understand, that is all.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Eventually, yes...think there's a post in this thread that I've made earlier that talks about what we'd need to pick it up for tuning but in short it is mainly to be at least as good as Cobb for datalogging, be able to get into the OS and start changing things such as boost limits, changing logic to use 3d fuel scalar tables instead of relying on what's already there, etc. Progress has been great so far and as long as the idea of a truly open source solution does come to fruition (and not just freeware) we'll support it.

to be fair, boost limit of 18.6 psi isnt a dealbreaker for tuning stock turbos.

not sure how MAF WGDC or equivalent can be monitored currently with BT flash either for purposes of correcting throttle closures or the like. Cobb logging is superior for now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

to be fair, boost limit of 18.6 psi isnt a dealbreaker for tuning stock turbos.
    I agree, but, many that pro tune their cars want more than that, especially those with stock frame upgrades
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

I agree, but, many that pro tune their cars want more than that, especially those with stock frame upgrades
    man youre quick. see my last post

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

not sure how MAF WGDC or equivalent can be monitored currently with BT flash either for purposes of correcting throttle closures or the like. Cobb logging is superior for now.
    Is there any logging developed already for the BB flash software outside of what BT on its own provides? BT's logging was always a bit flaky for me, very frequent dropouts and the software freezing on me.

What's the road map?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

What do you mean by "professionally"? A for purchase tool?
    I mean buy a tune from a tuner. S65 tuning isn't coming people with M3's should stick to good tuners.

Understood. You mentioned it wasn't on the road map. What is on the road map and why is the road map privy to only those that "need to know" and why do we have a "need to know" group in an open source solution when it comes to a road map?

I'm trying to understand, that is all.
    Because as of right now no development is taking place for other motors but other motors are a possibility. It's already mentioned in the OP what is on the road map. There's really no point day dreaming of what can't be reality. Whomever is doing development if anybody does further development for other motors would obviously be privy to all development information. No point building hype right now just look at people already asking for S65 tuning when the N54 isn't near perfected. Give an inch people want a mile.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Is there any logging developed already for the BB flash software outside of what BT on its own provides? BT's logging was always a bit flaky for me, very frequent dropouts and the software freezing on me.

What's the road map?
    lol, OFT. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Logging? You don't need to log Shiv's OTS maps. They are perfectly conservative right Shiv? Click here to enlarge

For BMS' customer needs the JB4 works nicely. Not a moment passes that I don't think up something I want to tweak, search for, or play with on the JB4 and/or back end flash side. It's really opened up a new world of development possibilities!
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Logging? You don't need to log Shiv's OTS maps. They are perfectly conservative right Shiv? Click here to enlarge

For BMS' customer needs the JB4 works nicely. Not a moment passes that I don't think up something I want to tweak, search for, or play with on the JB4 and/or back end flash side. It's really opened up a new world of development possibilities!

wonder how one can custom tune their car with such poor logging, OFT or otherwise.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

The BT or OFT logging is fine but there are quirks you need to get used to. It's definitely not as nice as the Cobb environment in terms of what you can log and being able to trace through tables. But I personally also disliked logging with Cobb. I like to see an instant picture with every possible parameter at my fingertips AFTER the run should I want to dig in deeper. I don't like to switch apps, fight with excel, "$#@! I forgot low fuel pressure I better go do another run now so I can see it", etc. I'm sure other tuners are perfectly efficient with the Cobb environment it's just not for me personally. The only additional piece of data I've always wanted on JB4 logs is the elusive 2-6 timing. We'll get it going sooner or later though. It's just a matter of finding the right commands to enable it.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    The BT or OFT logging is fine but there are quirks you need to get used to. It's definitely not as nice as the Cobb environment in terms of what you can log and being able to trace through tables. But I personally also disliked logging with Cobb. I like to see an instant picture with every possible parameter at my fingertips AFTER the run should I want to dig in deeper. I don't like to switch apps, fight with excel, "$#@! I forgot low fuel pressure I better go do another run now so I can see it", etc. I'm sure other tuners are perfectly efficient with the Cobb environment it's just not for me personally. The only additional piece of data I've always wanted on JB4 logs is the elusive 2-6 timing. We'll get it going sooner or later though. It's just a matter of finding the right commands to enable it.

problem with having a ton of monitors logged is the logging resolution also takes a hit if too many are selected. probably why Cobb is capped at 20 monitors or whatever the limit is.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hope this isn't a stupid question, but looking to get a battery charger before starting this process. Anyone have any suggestions based on what has worked / held strong charge for their flashes?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xbox_fan Click here to enlarge
    I had issues with a Dell laptop an the BT cable, but an older core2 Dell works fine? Something with the usb ports imo...
    Its not an issue resolvable with the flasher, all you can do is try to fine tune the timing and receiving/sending of data. It says its ready for data but sometimes it isn't. These timing issues are the reason we've gone with a higher quality interface first. You have to manage the 'timeouts' using a variety of variables. Depending on the response you get from the DME, you may have to extend the time until timeout more, and you have to account for how many milliseconds it will take approximately to process the time out and so on.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 1200+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Flashed my car tonight with zero2sixtyZ everything went great with DCan Read and Write, car feels like it pulls great but need to do some logs Running Shivs Stg1 OTS. We used a 30A charger the Kline Read took a little over an hour, we were going to do a write but did not have any I890S XDF to play around with for zero2sixtyZ need to work on finding one.

Is it possible to update the DME to a different software or is a dealer visit required for this?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by islandroad83 Click here to enlarge
    Is it possible to update the DME to a different software or is a dealer visit required for this?
    You just need the files to flash.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 questions:

1) Is anyone currently working on getting the flash to work w/ an INPA cable? If so, I'm willing to wait longer to avoid buying the BT cable.

2) Someone mentioned that peak power comes w/ 60% E85? That's where peak power comes w/ reference to just the BMS backend flash stacked w/ JB4 or does that apply even if one were to get pro-tuned for higher ethanol concentrations, such as 100%? I personally have 50% meth. Does that change the equation at all?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    I can get tou an Australian ROM. An alpha member sent one to me. I think there are two for AU though. Let me know if you want it.
    Sure, send it to roy@roycormier.net. I'm going to try writing a script to locate maps and auto-generate an xdf. Otherwise I'll just do it manually.
    Single Turbo E92 BMW 335i | My YouTube channel
    Click here to enlarge
    If you can leave black marks on a straight from the time you exit a corner till the time you brake for the next turn....... Then, you have enough horsepower.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajdfkj Click here to enlarge
    1) Is anyone currently working on getting the flash to work w/ an INPA cable?
    No.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    No.
    Damn.

Regardless, this is my first post (I think) on this forum, but I just wanted to thank all those who contributed to this achievement!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by e90man Click here to enlarge
    Damn.

Regardless, this is my first post (I think) on this forum, but I just wanted to thank all those who contributed to this achievement!
    Appreciated. And just to mention @Roy Cormier did get it working with INPA.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast