Close

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Does anyone know if the dinan tuned ecu can be read yet? Itching to try this out but from what terry had said in one thread there seems to be an issue where the dinan was read protected. Normally I wouldn't care but the car came with it and would like to flash it if I resell or something. Thanks in advance

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by manbeer Click here to enlarge
    Does anyone know if the dinan tuned ecu can be read yet? Itching to try this out but from what terry had said in one thread there seems to be an issue where the dinan was read protected. Normally I wouldn't care but the car came with it and would like to flash it if I resell or something. Thanks in advance
    It is not advocated to use this software for the reading purposes of commercial tunes.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 2300+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/
    Or the BX8 Enthusiast Group!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/353105035077862/
    Cars: 2005 E46 330i - Sold | 2007 E90 335i - Crashed | 2009 E93 335i - Current | 1996 E36 328i Sedan

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    It is not advocated to use this software for the reading purposes of commercial tunes.
    Strongly seconded.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Perhaps I was confused but I was under the impresssion that it read/stored the existing file so you had it as a backup. I wasn't trying to do anything other than ensure I had my original (dinan) tune to revert to

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    pretty sure you'll be fine with that. you paid for the tune so it's not like you're stealing it. I've never heard that the tune was read protected. That's interesting. I'm interested to see how this turns out for you. Keep up posted.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by manbeer Click here to enlarge
    Perhaps I was confused but I was under the impresssion that it read/stored the existing file so you had it as a backup. I wasn't trying to do anything other than ensure I had my original (dinan) tune to revert to
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Meh, since tunes are essentially numbers derived from other numbers I have doubts that they even fall under the definition of "legally copyrightable." If anything, it's an $#@! move to steal a Dinan software mod.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910