Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Bimmerworld Racing starts development of F30 328i

Bimmerworld has started development of the F30 328i for the Continental Tire Series (Street Tuner Class).

They will definitely have a lot of hurdles to jump through with the new car and it's turbo 4 powerplant.

The team is managing its expectations for its brand-new F30, and after nearly a year of planning and preparation, the value of the data that comes from its first outing will far outweigh its on-track performance.

“This weekend has been a long time coming for me,” added Clay, who will share the No. 84 with BimmerWorld veteran John Capestro-Dubets (JCD). “The new F30 platform presented, and is still presenting, some intense technical challenges. We have been working on both the build and development of this package, which utilizes a few features that are new to both the BMW racing world, and racing in general. This weekend is about putting the car on track and finding issues as we continue to develop the platform to a contender for 2014.”
    They used Road America race as a test session. Race didn't go as planned the car only turned 5 laps, before it had mechanical problems.

Clay also raced last weekend, unveiling the team’s BMW F30 with co-driver John Capestro-Dubets. Although the race was used as more of an extended test session than an attempt to compete for points, Clay says the lessons learned at Elkhart Lake will help BimmerWorld to accelerate the car’s development at a much faster rate.

“We knew we didn’t have the power we ultimately need to race for wins, but this weekend was a solid test and next step in the development process. I was very pleased with the performance of the new car at this stage.”
    James Clay teammate was also extremely optimistic about what’s to come with BimmerWorld new Continental Tire Series challenger.
    “The F30 was simply amazing,” said Capestro-Dubets. “We still lack the top-end speed due to some engine restrictions from the series, yet the car shows a signs of a bright future. We no longer have to wish we had a turbo or one of the smaller cars to be competitive at every track. The car is in my opinion is the best looking car in our class and extremely fun to drive. BimmerWorld and BMW really knocked it out of the park with this one, and fans and BimmerWorld customers have something really special coming to the paddock.”
    Practice Session

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    looks badass!
    m3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Finished first on looks!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I wonder what they are using for Engine Management?
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge