Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Cleaned my engine bay and got rid of vacuum canisters

So after cleaning up my engine bay a little I decided those stupid little vacuum canisters in the front were ugly. So I got rid of them.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    2008 135i - Cobb AP, JB4 G5 w/2Step&FSB, MS DP's, Berk street exhaust, AMS IC, VTT Inlets, UR Intake, ER CP w/Tial BOV, Spec 3+ & Steel FW, CDV delete, Quaife LSD, DSS Axles, M3 control arms, M3 rear SF bushings, M3 Trans bushings, SS brake lines. Pics

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I know they are required by those little things on the exhaust making all that noise. So I found another place for them, and while I was at it I relocated the brake booster hose.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    2008 135i - Cobb AP, JB4 G5 w/2Step&FSB, MS DP's, Berk street exhaust, AMS IC, VTT Inlets, UR Intake, ER CP w/Tial BOV, Spec 3+ & Steel FW, CDV delete, Quaife LSD, DSS Axles, M3 control arms, M3 rear SF bushings, M3 Trans bushings, SS brake lines. Pics

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wow, very well done! That's a very stealth location.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eleventeen Click here to enlarge
    Wow, very well done! That's a very stealth location.
    Thanks, Still not sure how I feel about a big empty stop right there in the front but I think it's better than those stupid canisters. I was actually surprised how well they fit there. Parts were minimum just some silicone hose, a few elbows and a bracket laying around.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Can I get a few more pics on the brake booster line move? Did you just swap it out for a softline?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Unfortunately that's all the picks I took. Yes I took the brake booster line off, cut the hard plastic line to keep the connectors and added the silicone line in it's place and rerouted it against the firewall and then under the intake. I think it's completely retarded that they chose to route it over top of everything for no reason. While it's running against the firewall i used the dual outlet connector for the vacuum canisters and routed that through the bottom portion of the cowl where the canister hoses connect to it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That is a clean engine bay good sir.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by brusk Click here to enlarge
    Unfortunately that's all the picks I took. Yes I took the brake booster line off, cut the hard plastic line to keep the connectors and added the silicone line in it's place and rerouted it against the firewall and then under the intake. I think it's completely retarded that they chose to route it over top of everything for no reason. While it's running against the firewall i used the dual outlet connector for the vacuum canisters and routed that through the bottom portion of the cowl where the canister hoses connect to it.
    I was seriously considering going this...know I know I am! I run with the cowl off...do you just put the canisters in the open spots where the cabin filter connects correct? I just made a custom bracket for my canisters and upgraded nipples.

Repped!
    JB4 G5, 455 LPFP, HFS-4 meth kit, BMS OCC, VM 6466 ST, RB valve, BMS DCI, 3" AR Dps, Custom OC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2 exhaust DEFIV kit, KW clubsport, Delrin solid subframe bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What size vacuum line did you have to use, and about how much length?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lookin real clean man.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xShadows Click here to enlarge
    What size vacuum line did you have to use, and about how much length?
    I saw another post where somebody used the 3mm hoses I think I ordered about 6 feet. Don't remember what the brake booster hose ended up being maybe 10mm.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by robc1976 Click here to enlarge
    I was seriously considering going this...know I know I am! I run with the cowl off...do you just put the canisters in the open spots where the cabin filter connects correct? I just made a custom bracket for my canisters and upgraded nipples.

Repped!
    Once you take the cowl off you'll see a little cubby spot all the way on the passenger side. I flipped the canister around it different angles to see what fit the best leaving enough space for hose to wrap around then for the furthest one I used a bracket and cut and bent it to fit and screwed it down with the existing bolt, on the second canister I bolted it to an empty bolt hole already there, just enough to keep everything from moving or rattling. Since you already have metal nipples on yours you might need to switch a few over to 90's coming out the back for the hose to clear properly. As for running the lines in I did drill the lower part of the cowl but having the hose pushed all the way on it there's no problem with it sealing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Why did you reinstall the canisters? I've read some people remove them out all together.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    haven't had mine being used in months
    Twisted Tuning
    "Increasing the Area Under the Curve"
    N54/N55 Custom Tuning via MHD/Cobb
    Custom ECU Calibration Across Many Platforms - Just Ask
    www.twistedtuning.com
    www.facebook.com/twistedtuned
    twistedtuned@gmail.com