Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Anyone running a 3 nozzle Aquamist setup?

Looking for logs of anyone that's running a triple nozzle setup on aquamist. Most interested in nozzle size, placement and fuel trim variance across both engine banks.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated, thanks!
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Would have to be a trinity of 3 smaller nozzles. Overkill?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tzu Click here to enlarge
    Would have to be a trinity of 3 smaller nozzles. Overkill?
    I will be running 2 1.0mm nozzles and a single .8 for ~1315cc's. If i was to run dual 1.2's, it would be ~ 1180 cc's. 1.2mm is the largest they offer to my knowledge.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Bump. @dzenno@PTF? I know you don't recommend this large of volume, but any feedback?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just not worth it in my opinion. Are you on upped turbos? Drowning the motor in meth is unnecessary for stock and only required on upped turbos when shiv says so. Generally, I wouldn't want to complicate the system with an additional nozzle when two nozzles does the job just fine at 900 ml/min (assuming you're on stockers).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tzu Click here to enlarge
    Just not worth it in my opinion. Are you on upped turbos? Drowning the motor in meth is unnecessary for stock and only required on upped turbos when shiv says so. Generally, I wouldn't want to complicate the system with an additional nozzle when two nozzles does the job just fine at 900 ml/min (assuming you're on stockers).
    I'm on stock twins, but i am looking to maximize. I'm basically moving away from the idea that Meth is just for IAT suppression and going towards race fuel supplementation. My two 1.0mm nozzles inject around 850 cc/min. FWIW, Terry is running 1300 cc/min on his stock twins.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Why not run another 4mm tubing compression "T" and mount the 3rd nozzle in the outlet of the IC???
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    For Sale:

- NX Express complete wet kit with Plug & Play fuel adapter for BMW 335i

- FBO parts here LINK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boosted-M Click here to enlarge
    Why not run another 4mm tubing compression "T" and mount the 3rd nozzle in the outlet of the IC???
    That's exactly what i ordered from Howerton. I am debating on mounting it in the intercooler outlet, or in the cold side up pipe. My other two nozzles are at the beginning of my charge pipe, just after the coupler from the up pipe.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    That's exactly what i ordered from Howerton. I am debating on mounting it in the intercooler outlet, or in the cold side up pipe. My other two nozzles are at the beginning of my charge pipe, just after the coupler from the up pipe.
    many people on other platforms mount a nozzle in the outlet end tank of the IC. this hurts resale value though. up pipe on the cold side may be a better option. FWIW i was running a CM14 on mine with stock turbos. i can't remember right off hand how many CC/min that is but i noticed an improvement going from a CM10. many people run CM10 and CM5 or CM7 also. I don't think 2 1.0 and one .8 would be overkill. especially when running large amounts of e85. its fuel. it help trims.
    2011 335is DCT, moving to Italy, looking for new car friends Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    many people on other platforms mount a nozzle in the outlet end tank of the IC. this hurts resale value though. up pipe on the cold side may be a better option. FWIW i was running a CM14 on mine with stock turbos. i can't remember right off hand how many CC/min that is but i noticed an improvement going from a CM10. many people run CM10 and CM5 or CM7 also. I don't think 2 1.0 and one .8 would be overkill. especially when running large amounts of e85. its fuel. it help trims.
    I'm running a CX racing intercooler, so i have no resale value anyway lol. It looks like the CM14 is around 1300cc/min, which is basically what i am targeting. My nozzle and accessories should be here today, I'll get everything setup some time this week and flow test it. My biggest concern will be the unequal distribution of meth in cylinders, but since i'm running Cobb i can keep an eye on which cylinders are noisy and tune appropriately.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    I'm running a CX racing intercooler, so i have no resale value anyway lol. It looks like the CM14 is around 1300cc/min, which is basically what i am targeting. My nozzle and accessories should be here today, I'll get everything setup some time this week and flow test it. My biggest concern will be the unequal distribution of meth in cylinders, but since i'm running Cobb i can keep an eye on which cylinders are noisy and tune appropriately.
    I wouldn't be too worried about unequal distribution. Well, not that the 3rd nozzle is going to affect it. it's so far upstream that it'll be atomized long before it hits the intake mani. what i would be worried about is the pump being able to keep enough pressure to ensure good atomization. i think the aquamist pump is designed to run 3 nozzles though isn't it?
    2011 335is DCT, moving to Italy, looking for new car friends Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I wouldn't be too worried about unequal distribution. Well, not that the 3rd nozzle is going to affect it. it's so far upstream that it'll be atomized long before it hits the intake mani. what i would be worried about is the pump being able to keep enough pressure to ensure good atomization. i think the aquamist pump is designed to run 3 nozzles though isn't it?
    It is, i have the newer pump that's rated up to 1500cc/min @160psi. What i am not sure of is how much volume the 4mm hose can support, i'll have to research and see if i can find an answer. Worst case scenario, i will find that out when i flow test it later this week.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    it looks like a 1.0 @ 140psi (see howerton for details on 140psi) flows 423 cc/min. so right now your flowing 846 cc/min. I'd say you could def use another .8 which would get you to 1172 cc/min. you may even be able to get away with anther 1.0 which will give you 1,269 cc/min.

are the fittings on the FAV and nozzles interchangable? you could order 6mm from howerton and swap that in to run larger tubing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    it looks like a 1.0 @ 140psi (see howerton for details on 140psi) flows 423 cc/min. so right now your flowing 846 cc/min. I'd say you could def use another .8 which would get you to 1172 cc/min. you may even be able to get away with anther 1.0 which will give you 1,269 cc/min.

are the fittings on the FAV and nozzles interchangable? you could order 6mm from howerton and swap that in to run larger tubing.
    The newer pumps run at 165psi, so i loosely calculated the following;

2 x 1.0 mm = ~950cc/min
    .8 mm = ~365cc/min
    Total injection volume = 1315 cc/min.

Here is a link to howertons "calculating jetting" page which has some useful information.

http://howertonengineering.com/tech-...ating-jetting/

I am currently running a 6mm tube from the FAV to the "T" and from the "T" two 4 mm hoses to the two nozzles. I'm not entirely sure how i will route the 3rd nozzle because i am contemplating moving the FAV to be centrally located between the two injection sites. I'm afraid that if i run the 3rd nozzle all the way to the intercooler outlet i may get some drippage because of how far it is from the FAV.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    you're supposed to subtract boost psi from the 165psi then calculate based on that. so 20psi boost=145psi pump.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge
    @lulz_m3, you'll be around 1100cc with that tri-nozzle setup. I think that'd be overkill for stock turbos unless you're pushing a TON of low end boost
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@PTF Click here to enlarge
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...jetratem-1.jpg
    @lulz_m3, you'll be around 1100cc with that tri-nozzle setup. I think that'd be overkill for stock turbos unless you're pushing a TON of low end boost
    I'll probably try to dial in 20psi midrange to 17psi around 6k.

you're supposed to subtract boost psi from the 165psi then calculate based on that. so 20psi boost=145psi pump.
    My calculations were based of 145ish pump pressure.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    do some logs on 2 nozzles. load it into VD. then do some logs on 3 nozzles (same weather preferrably) and load them into VD also. see if you make any gains. that's what i do here. that or make changes at the track and see if times improve. I'll be tuning a Focus ST at the track this Friday night! hooray. should be fun.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@PTF Click here to enlarge
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...jetratem-1.jpg
    You've been running three nozzles yourself, right?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ST are running 4 LMFAO!!!! I guess that's a pretty good pump huh? they didn't add a pump, just another T and 4 nozzles.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If I had to, I'd run two up top like you are now, and one at the IC outlet with the built in checkvalve.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I get maxed neg fuel trims with a 1.0 and a .9 set up .running 50/50 e85 I don't see how running 3 nozzles would help anything unless your cranking the gain down or dramatically reducing nozzle size . am I missing something ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cwarren Click here to enlarge
    I get maxed neg fuel trims with a 1.0 and a .9 set up .running 50/50 e85 I don't see how running 3 nozzles would help anything unless your cranking the gain down or dramatically reducing nozzle size . am I missing something ?
    That's odd, i don't have max negative fuel trims currently, and I'm running two 1.0mm nozzles with the OEM fuel scalar still in effect. The highest trims ive seen have been around -25%.

For this setup I am testing some super secret stuff from Cobb that will allow me to dial in fuel trims precisely, so its the least of my worries. My goal is to increase the total volume of methanol being injected to gain performance closer to running E50. E85 is a bit of a haul for me to get, and the stations have recently said they are going to stop carrying it because it keeps destroying their gas pumps and is too tedious to store. Not many places sell E85 down here in NE Florida.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    would be super secretly interested lol . I have tried everything to get mine in line with my mixture and nothing seems to help dramatically . since its a pro tune I can mess around with the scalar . so I have to log it see where im at and then try to dial in kind of a $#@! but right now im running most of the time around -25-27 trims up top

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast