Close

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    I'll have to consider which way we want to go. But I've always tried to avoid using hardware from manufacturers too closely tied in to other tuning companies as ultimately it just turns in to a huge headache as this thread has shown. So I decided to just cancel the VT stuff for our development cars and will reevaluate what is out on the market. I like FFTEC's stuff but it will probably lead to the same headaches. There seem to be plenty of guys building their own manifolds now so maybe I'll commission one of them to make one for us. Click here to enlarge
    The guys who make your downpipes make some pretty fine works of art. Send them a manifold and have them fab up them beauties.
    jb4+fbo+meth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dr. G Click here to enlarge
    The guys who make your downpipes make some pretty fine works of art. Send them a manifold and have them fab up them beauties.
    ^This way T.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lol the FFTEC guys are actually really nice, at least the two times I've met them at races. I rarely hear much negative about them. It's their association with Shiv that most dislike.
    haha yes, i have heard nothing but good about FFTEC.. but when you say FFTEC in the context of N54.. well.... Click here to enlarge
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'll have to consider which way we want to go. But I've always tried to avoid using hardware from manufacturers too closely tied in to other tuning companies as ultimately it just turns in to a huge headache as this thread has shown. So I decided to just cancel the VT stuff for our development cars and will reevaluate what is out on the market. I like FFTEC's stuff but it will probably lead to the same headaches. There seem to be plenty of guys building their own manifolds now so maybe I'll commission one of them to make one for us. Click here to enlarge
    this post makes me sad Click here to enlarge

unless it means BMS gets single ... then a bit less sad haha
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Terry, what is your point. Lets be very clear here. No bull$#@!. Are you trying to bash VTT and promote RB's in a thread about my products? Because if you are then I need to rethink our relationship. So either come out say it straight up or don't but right now you are clearly trying to discount something we are doing. Why, who knows.

Also this "its from a different dyno so not sure how its relevant" makes no sense. Thats like saying, Ok guys listen up, if anyone want to make any comparisons what so ever, you need to ALL come to the same dyno and run your cars, if not, yeah its not relevant. Come one man, you are smarter than this. Just stop with the backhanded garbage already
    But you asked Terry to post up some RB data yourself... Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Didn't VTT initially claim that his turbos would be superior to RBs, at a better price point? Then if I remember well we had the controversy about the compressor wheel size, which was not exactly as advertised. Next the turbos clearly underperform and we get a revised Batch 2 Stage 2. And finally a set of "beta" turbos which will never be produced BUT which seem to perform like RBs...

I'm all for competition which leads to better products for us enthusiasts, but sorry, that's not really good business practice.

If the only way to equal RBs is to copy them blatantly, I think we all would react the same way in his place.
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

4 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I Agree with Autobahn335I

Rob did his setup years ago (ASR as well). Tony has a easy way to start. Buy an RB and buy an ASR and see what could be done different/better with the new HW on the market...
    Should he get a lot of credit for what he is doing in stage 1 or 2 ? In my opinion not. (at least not yet.)
    For the Stage 3 he will get credit in my eyes if they will work once.

I understand Dzenno he is since years from e90 to bimmerboost a plus for the N54 market. He has nothing to do with those turbo wars in this tread. He just used what was given to him to get the most out of it.

Well done Dzenno keep on going with you efforts.

Tony on the other hand is always a not to nice person in most of the treads he is in (like to mutch testosteron). Do I like him the way he is? No. does it mather? yes for me it does and would I buy his HW or Robs?
    He needs to deliver a big advantage over the RBs to cover his behavior. whitch he doesn't till now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by munters Click here to enlarge
    I Agree with Autobahn335I

Rob did his setup years ago (ASR as well). Tony has a easy way to start. Buy an RB and buy an ASR and see what could be done different/better with the new HW on the market...
    Should he get a lot of credit for what he is doing in stage 1 or 2 ? In my opinion not. (at least not yet.)
    For the Stage 3 he will get credit in my eyes if they will work once.

I understand Dzenno he is since years from e90 to bimmerboost a plus for the N54 market. He has nothing to do with those turbo wars in this tread. He just used what was given to him to get the most out of it.

Well done Dzenno keep on going with you efforts.

Tony on the other hand is always a not to nice person in most of the treads he is in (like to mutch testosteron). Do I like him the way he is? No. does it mather? yes for me it does and would I buy his HW or Robs?
    He needs to deliver a big advantage over the RBs to cover his behavior. whitch he doesn't till now.
    That's just the way the world is, companies are doing it to each other back and forth. IOS vs Android vs Windows etc same BS goes for the hardware they go in.

People are going to buy what is in their best interest. When Apple stole ideas from another company or Samsung stole ideas from another company etc did people really give a ratz azz ? Some of you are these same people, which one of you has an iPhone or Android device ?

So why play these self righteous games when it comes to turbo vs turbos ? I see so much double standards in this thread it ain't even funny.

Terry is going to go in the direction that better suits his company. It's a dam war damn it and I wish people would stop being hypocritical about whats going on.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I like that design. Another idea would be to adapt the N55 single turbo RB is working on to the N54. I'd have to solve the dual o2 sensor issues to pull that off. Might be worth the effort though.

Is there any value in reading the Bin from the N55 motor and analyzing the way it handles the o2? I also think that the easiest and most likely way would be with a Piggyback/ JB4. There has to be a way of controlling the o2's and making the DME happy as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by NJrep335i Click here to enlarge
    Is there any value in reading the Bin from the N55 motor and analyzing the way it handles the o2? I also think that the easiest and most likely way would be with a Piggyback/ JB4. There has to be a way of controlling the o2's and making the DME happy as well.
    I don't think so as there are so many other changes. Our best bet right now is to find some conditions under which the DME may decide to run two banks as a single on its own. I didn't think the DME would run a single turbo either until I figured out how to do it. So hopefully I can figure this out too. Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 08-19-2013 at 11:41 AM.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dr. G Click here to enlarge
    It's awfully tempting but to make those DPs happen I needed to guarantee 1000 sets/yr. On the manifold demand would be more like 50 per year. I'm not sure the numbers are there to justify that. At least not yet.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's awfully tempting but to make those DPs happen I needed to guarantee 1000 sets/yr. On the manifold demand would be more like 50 per year. I'm not sure the numbers are there to justify that. At least not yet.
    Yeah, they pretty much ignore anything without large quantity
    If you really become dead serious about having them made and want to use the same factory let me know if you want me to try and speak with them, I know the main man behind the venture and have some pull with him.
    jb4+fbo+meth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    The statement unless you run on the same dyno there is no comparison. That has to be one of the most ridiculous statements made in a while. People live all over the world! Dyno numbers are what bring the comparisons together, its not comparable unless they run on the same Dyno. Yawn.

Tony, dynos can be manipulated and results can vary drastically from one dyno to the next. The type of dyno and environmental conditions matter.

Saying that all dynos are the same and the dyno is Spain(your brought up the world) will read the same as one in southern california has to be, in your words, "one of the most ridiculous statements made in a while."

I am really surprised you said this given your history and knowledge of the automotive world.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Cant we all just line the cars up and let the vids do the talking ?

I promise to not take it easy on any challenger Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    Cant we all just line the cars up and let the vids do the talking ?

I promise to not take it easy on any challenger Click here to enlarge
    Couldn't agree anymore...

Are you signed up for Shift Sector?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

IMO comparing turbos on different cars / motors, different dynos, different atmospheric conditions , different tuning solutions and different tuners makes absolutely zero sense to me.

In the end, so long as a set of turbos makes a significant upgrade over stock, and is truly reliable I believe it has a place in the market. I can somewhat understand vendors defending their turf however what I have seen in this thread the vendors have been quite immature in their dealings. In the end it's just a dyno of a prototype turbo. It's all good.

This sort of immature behavior is what annoyed me about shiv and I am extremely surprised to see this from vendors that I feel could do a lot better. Anyhow guys, carry on with the good work and take it easy Click here to enlarge

harry

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sranch335i Click here to enlarge
    lulz

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

I think LM runs his own SS type event on the east coast. Click here to enlarge

Sat will be fun but I don't see any VT cars signed up. FFTEC has some spots maybe they will bring a single out at least.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ztuner Click here to enlarge
    In the end it's just a dyno of a prototype turbo.

harry
    In the beginning these units were a beta VTT turbo setup (ie. see thread title). It was openly pointed out later that they are really re-badged and rebuilt ASR turbos (using the extensive turbine side mods as the foundation). I'm not sure these should be called one-offs or prototypes, just calling them 3rd party refurbished ASR turbos would suffice.

Rob

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think LM runs his own SS type event on the east coast. Click here to enlarge

Sat will be fun but I don't see any VT cars signed up. FFTEC has some spots maybe they will bring a single out at least.
    I knew he was an east coaster, i was jk Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

1 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    @Sticky loves shift sector. my thread was deleted soo fast Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

shift sector? whats that Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Marz Click here to enlarge
    @Sticky loves shift sector. my thread was deleted soo fast Click here to enlarge
    It wasn't deleted it was edited and closed. I'm not going to advertise for them Click here to enlarge

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

From what I can see batch two will spool faster but make less overall power.
    I'll know for sure when I get mine and tune them with Dzenno.
    Cobb tuned, spec2+, wavetrac, DCI, ARdp's, AA fmic, forge DV's, M3 links & Sways, bbs lm's, bunch of exterior mods, and one happy BMW driver

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast