Close

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by josh135 Click here to enlarge
    I'm not sure where Rob is coming from because there were videos posted of the VTT Stage 2's vs RB's and they performed about the same. I'm sure both turbo's are awesome and one holds a dyno record and the other one doesn't. Tony stated that this was pretty much a one of kind of turbo but I'm not sure why he would release the numbers if this turbo is not going to be built even.
    yeah in all the stage 2 beta dynos i've seen they were EXACTLY the same performance as RB's??.. really no idea where rob got the idea RB's were 'better'
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

10 out of 10 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Im prob going to get negged to death for this but....

vtt stage 2 rev 1 do NOT perform equally to RBs in power.... Maybe you all havent seen that many RB graphs, but 19 lbs down to 17 with 12 degrees of timing with RBs is 500whp 500tq + or within +-5 ... work with terry and you will get over 500 and if you go all out with a 50/05 e85 100% meth and run an aggressive flash map you will see 520~ @Terry@BMS prob has dozens of these graphs on file...

Most dynos for vtt have been 460-470... not knocking them because none seem to have smoked and customers are happy but they do not make the same power. Tony has even said it multiple times... Im so confused at why over and over and over again people say they are even... BUT they do seem to be holding up very well and that makes the next set look promising... and its good that a new set is coming because tony could easily of just sold those but hes making different (better) ones to enhance the market

terry went 11.01@128-129 , @LostMarine went 127mph with the Rbs... not many guys have got to the track or perhaps went and didnt share but with the power they are making they will trap 123ish which is good but its not the 127-8 you will see with RBs...

also RBs seem to hold boost better up top it seems..

my .02

As far as the orginal post goes i dont care what turbos they were or who build them or if they were covered in platinun, that set will provide good times on whatever car they are on... Dzenno should raffle them off ! lol
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge

vtt stage 2 rev 1 do NOT perform equally to RBs in power.... Maybe you all havent seen that many RB graphs, but 19 lbs down to 17 with 12 degrees of timing with RBs is 500whp 500tq + or within +-5 ... work with terry and you will get over 500 and if you go all out with a 50/05 e85 100% meth and run an aggressive flash map you will see 520~ @Terry@BMS prob has dozens of these graphs on file...

Most dynos for vtt have been 460-470... not knocking them because none seem to have smoked and customers are happy but they do not make the same power. Tony has even said it multiple times... Im so confused at why over and over and over again people say they are even... BUT they do seem to be holding up very well and that makes the next set look promising... and its good that a new set is coming because tony could easily of just sold those but hes making different (better) ones to enhance the market

terry went 11.01@128-129 , @LostMarine went 127mph with the Rbs... not many guys have got to the track or perhaps went and didnt share but with the power they are making they will trap 123ish which is good but its not the 127-8 you will see with RBs...

my .02

As far as the orginal post goes i dont care what turbos they were or who build them or if they were covered in platinun, that set will provide good times on whatever car they are on... Dzenno should raffle them off ! lol
    QFT
    Change is constant

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge What's the problem with everyone too much drama. All we want to see is fast N54 cars that's all. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well isn't this why the batch 2 vtt's will have larger wheels, same size as rb's?
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge

vtt stage 2 rev 1 do NOT perform equally to RBs in power.... Maybe you all havent seen that many RB graphs, but 19 lbs down to 17 with 12 degrees of timing with RBs is 500whp 500tq + or within +-5 ... work with terry and you will get over 500 and if you go all out with a 50/05 e85 100% meth and run an aggressive flash map you will see 520~prob has dozens of these graphs on file...

terry went 11.01/128-129 , went 127mph with the Rbs... not many guys have got to the track or perhaps went and didnt share but with the power they are making they will trap 123ish which is good but its not the 127-8 you will see with RBs...

my .02

Whoah! A rational real world objective post based on FACTS! Great job. Yes, to all of the others the 50rwhp and nearly 10mph trap speed difference amongst them means they are the "same". Might as well just run stock turbos, because hell at that rate they are all the same.

This thread essentially proves RB's will not be bested regardless of what VTT does sans just directly copying RBs directly. He is using a larger ASR hotside than what he will be using in his production Beta 2's AND the "cutting edge" VTT GTX cool side and making similar midrange power numbers with quite a bit less on the top end than RBs do. The Beta 2's will only go down from here.

One post for the day.
    Rob

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by josh135 Click here to enlarge
    I'm not sure where Rob is coming from because there were videos posted of the VTT Stage 2's vs RB's and they performed about the same. I'm sure both turbo's are awesome and one holds a dyno record and the other one doesn't. Tony stated that this was pretty much a one of kind of turbo but I'm not sure why he would release the numbers if this turbo is not going to be built even.
    Feels like we are splitting hairs here anyway.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    yeah in all the stage 2 beta dynos i've seen they were EXACTLY the same performance as RB's??.. really no idea where rob got the idea RB's were 'better'
    He got the idea because they are his.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo Click here to enlarge
    Whoah! A rational real world objective post based on FACTS! Great job. Yes, to all of the others the 50rwhp and nearly 10mph trap speed difference amongst them means they are the "same". Might as well just run stock turbos, because hell at that rate they are all the same.

This thread essentially proves RB's will not be bested regardless of what VTT does sans just directly copying RBs directly. He is using a larger ASR hotside than what he will be using in his production Beta 2's AND the "cutting edge" VTT GTX cool side and making similar midrange power numbers with quite a bit less on the top end than RBs do. The Beta 2's will only go down from here.

One post for the day.
    Rob
    You really need to cool the cheerleading especially in vendor's threads. Relax.

Won't be bested? Isn't that what Stage 3 is for? Best that...

If you want to talk about how awesome your turbos supposedly are you know what do. What's everyone smoking that has them so riled up? Heh, get it?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

6 out of 6 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Rob,

Your cockiness is kinda annoying...

Your turbos use a stock housing with modified wheels, the housing is the limiting factor and fitting a larger wheel takes modification...we all know this.

What makes you think his next batch with the same sized wheel or even a different style won't be as good or better than yours? You act like it's some secret formula that will never be improved upon. Short of changing the stock housing, all that can be done is to change the size/style (blade count/design) of the wheel. Rather than straight up copy yours, which wouldn't be hard to do, Tony must think he can improve upon it and MAYBE get some more power.... I don't see anything wrong with that. My bet is, they will make the same power but with better/faster spooling and longevity will be better, but that's my opinion, doesn't mean anything. If anyone expects this batch 2 to blow rb's out of the water (power wise) they are a fool...

You don't sponsor this site, you just started sponsoring e90, and all you do is throw mud in every Vargas thread I read lately. People are trying vtt bc they know what they have with rb's....they ARE proven. I'm trying vtt bc I think this next batch will be better than the hybrid turbo options out there. I don't want to be another guy with rb's and possible smoke issues (sorry but there are multiple threads about this).

Your turbos are a nice product but they aren't untouchable or some marvel of engineering that can't be replicated if someone wanted to..
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    Your turbos are a nice product but they aren't untouchable or some marvel of engineering that can't be replicated if someone wanted to..
    Glad to see you aren't smoking anything.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

This is crazy.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sranch335i Click here to enlarge
    This is crazy.
    I know, right? I have half a mind to just FFTEC my 1 series now, lol.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    I know, right? I have half a mind to just FFTEC my 1 series now, lol.
    oh, $#@!, something's wrong, call an ambulance!
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    oh, $#@!, something's wrong, call an ambulance!
    lol the FFTEC guys are actually really nice, at least the two times I've met them at races. I rarely hear much negative about them. It's their association with Shiv that most dislike.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    just finished all my popcorn.

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Instagram: Sammy0559
    VTX3's Click here to enlarge
    Got one more tow with AAA lets make it count Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    stock frame stock head yeah i think?

dzenno made 55x on RB's with his modified head.
    this is the post that started the madness. I'm truly sorry lol. Record/no record. Can't we all just get along haha
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    lol the FFTEC guys are actually really nice, at least the two times I've met them at races. I rarely hear much negative about them. It's their association with Shiv that most dislike.
    FFTEC makes some really awesome hardware on multiple platforms.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'll have to consider which way we want to go. But I've always tried to avoid using hardware from manufacturers too closely tied in to other tuning companies as ultimately it just turns in to a huge headache as this thread has shown. So I decided to just cancel the VT stuff for our development cars and will reevaluate what is out on the market. I like FFTEC's stuff but it will probably lead to the same headaches. There seem to be plenty of guys building their own manifolds now so maybe I'll commission one of them to make one for us. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

Terry, I think instead of that smiley face you meant to use this one: Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Terry, I.think AR has a opening with eleventeen's design.

Eleventeen, get the contracts ready.....

Hope another marketable option comes out of drama/ crybaby $#@!.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Terry, I think instead of that smiley face you meant to use this one: Click here to enlarge
    Hah no drama here. As long as the business end is cleaned up properly I'm all smiles. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by NJrep335i Click here to enlarge
    Terry, I.think AR has a opening with eleventeen's design.

Eleventeen, get the contracts ready.....

Hope another marketable option comes out of drama/ crybaby $#@!.
    I like that design. Another idea would be to adapt the N55 single turbo RB is working on to the N54. I'd have to solve the dual o2 sensor issues to pull that off. Might be worth the effort though.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    How about n55 manifold to n54 then weld a t3 or t4 flange or v band?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

This thread has gotten ridiculous. That anyone thinks we are tied to one tuner is silly, I like PTF and I'm friends with them, but we make hardware that works with any tuner, $#@! if you want to buy stage 0-3 and tune it with a procede, $#@! its going to work great, I got slightly offended cause it seemed like terry was bashing the turbos, so it was hard to swallow when it seemed terry went after the turbos boy the tune. I know him and D battle on the tuning front, that's normal same as me and Rob battle on the turbo front. But our products are not tied to one tuner, as a hardware manufacture that would be dumb to pigeon he yourself to one tune aka fftec. Sure I like the Cobb flash style tune as it works well. But I think Terry is jumping the gun a bit, what I posted was frustration, I am away in the woods for a week, I will email terry and straighten things out. We can't be breaking camps at this point, it's not good for the platform. Ok guys, heading to bed. Lets all just chill

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast