Thread: Beta VTT turbos - pump/meth - 523WHP/520WTQ

Group.america is offline Member

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I will win.

How much torque does your car have and does it put the power down in a way that you can get good traction?

I was wondering because I just watched a pile of videos of that nice new C7 Stingray and no gaffer can get it to get off the line and do anywhere near their projected 0-60 times (in reality)

I would really love to see one of the Maximum PSI Stage 2 E46 700+ whp cars versus the Sticky Gintani Stage 2 E9x 773 whp....... say over a 1/4 mile, 1/2 mile and 1 mile that would be a thrill !!!
    996 TTS RWD
    E39 540i
    Click here to enlarge

2. #ADS

Sticky is offline Regular User

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1420 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Group.america Click here to enlarge
    How much torque does your car have and does it put the power down in a way that you can get good traction?

I was wondering because I just watched a pile of videos of that nice new C7 Stingray and no gaffer can get it to get off the line and do anywhere near their projected 0-60 times (in reality)

I would really love to see one of the Maximum PSI Stage 2 E46 700+ whp cars versus the Sticky Gintani Stage 2 E9x 773 whp....... say over a 1/4 mile, 1/2 mile and 1 mile that would be a thrill !!!
    My car doesn't have 773 whp that's just what the dyno showed at a certain rpm. I'm amazed people don't understand and keep referring to me racing 700 whp cars as if that will be much of a race.

Secondly, the M3 is low torque and high revving by nature making power by multiplying a flat curve with rpm. A centrifugal builds torque with revs so torque increases as you are moving. Traction is less problematic with such a setup than with a turbo. Doesn't feel as fast but feeling fast isn't being fast.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3
    You look like a retarded teenager discovering internet.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Secondly, the M3 is low torque and high revving by nature making power by multiplying a flat curve with rpm. A centrifugal builds torque with revs so torque increases as you are moving. Traction is less problematic with such a setup than with a turbo. Doesn't feel as fast but feeling fast isn't being fast.

Yes, understand the power at rpms etc I am an engineer (well was a long time ago) .... I asked if you had trouble getting traction off the line as the E9x S/C and E46 turbo set ups I have seen at your type of WHP nos slip and slide all over the place... I was guessing your torque at about 500 lbs-ft or thereabouts

but thanks for your considered answer
    996 TTS RWD
    E39 540i
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1420 Post(s)

Yes, understand the power at rpms etc I am an engineer (well was a long time ago) .... I asked if you had trouble getting traction off the line as the E9x S/C and E46 turbo set ups I have seen at your type of WHP nos slip and slide all over the place... I was guessing your torque at about 500 lbs-ft or thereabouts

but thanks for your considered answer
    I see. I don't know everyone's background and my statements were not necessarily directed at you but for general reference so please don't take them personally. There are those who don't understand the relationship between gearing and torque.

Regarding traction, yes, it's more difficult. However, I could hook with my supercharged M3 on drag rubber. I intend to lengthen my gears as well. On a bias-ply slick I don't foresee trouble. On street tires, of course.

Yes, my torque is in the 5XX range which is not really all that bad.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

I see. I don't know everyone's background and my statements were not necessarily directed at you but for general reference so please don't take them personally. There are those who don't understand the relationship between gearing and torque.

Regarding traction, yes, it's more difficult. However, I could hook with my supercharged M3 on drag rubber. I intend to lengthen my gears as well. On a bias-ply slick I don't foresee trouble. On street tires, of course.

Yes, my torque is in the 5XX range which is not really all that bad.

No problem mate... for the record... my late father was an auto design engineer at GM (Holden), Isuzu, Opel, Vauxhall and GM for 35 years as was my uncle, all my friends' Dads, my brother etc etc... sadly I was an electronic engineer which appears to be more pertinent in today's cars than before but frankly it is all gobbledygook to me... even have trouble after brain cancer remembering my kids names and engine nos like N54, M62 blah blah blah...........

I would expect a V8 forced induction beast that can rev REALLY HIGH to destroy any straight 6 turbo that can rev high at similar power and torque numbers at same weight etc CD etc

I have enough trouble converting NM and KW to lbs-ft and HP let alone most else discussed on these boards... but I learn $#@!ing quickly

All the best y'all !
    Last edited by Group.america; 08-26-2013 at 08:17 PM. Reason: I cannot spell or type
    996 TTS RWD
    E39 540i
    Click here to enlarge

Ocean is offline Member

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    I honestly have re-read almost this entire thread 2-3 times, and I just don't see why anyone would get the impression ASR had much of anything to do with these. I thought this was a case that a vendor, VTT in this instance cleared the air up front about another vendor's part used on his since there doesn't seem any reason to hide it and have some idiot catch wind of an ASR plate and start a foolish rumor. I thought Tony deserved some good rep for the first post he made in this forum, between the first two posts, this thread was looking good!

Now what? Terry makes a post that objectively is not a stab at VTT (just saying from my POV it was pretty innocent) and now $#@! hits the fan? Tony, I completely understand being pissed if someone tried to undermine your product, downplay it, especially if it was someone that you had a positive professional relationship with, but I honestly didn't view his post as being that. If it was, than that's pretty $#@!ty. I mean if Dzenno would have just posted a log and shown the differences in timing and pointed out to all of us consumers the differences in how the two cars achieved power, this probably woulda been a done deal. But now drama...and us consumers have to read through a bunch of bull$#@! to actually get good info from the forums...once again....and you guys wonder why you get so many emails? Maybe cause us consumers get tired of reading 200 pages of bull$#@! on forums to get a an answer that could be said in one sentence in an email....just sayin guys...I honestly have spent a lot of money on my ride and mostly from BMS and VTT, and was contacting PTF about an LSD, I mean you all make great products, I just don't get the cut throatness from you guys. IT SUCKS!

@RBTurbo...seriously? WTF was that post? I don't know you or know the complete past between you guys, but that was just plain childish, I take you for a smart guy, so if you had something constructive to add to the conversation then do it with facts, logic, and reason.
    @klipseracer I like tits too, preferably larger than a "B" cup, but B's are still passable if the girl is 5' nothing and a size 0. Cause then it's just proportionate.
    This is really well stated, and I found the defense of B-cups on small frames very touching and brave. Few guys have the guts to come out and defend pint sized spinners.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1420 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ocean Click here to enlarge
    This is really well stated, and I found the defense of B-cups on small frames very touching and brave. Few guys have the guts to come out and defend pint sized spinners.
    Best post in this thread.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ocean Click here to enlarge

I kind of like pint sized sheilas with as low as A CUP spinners frames... then again, $#@! tiny titties .. god bless you mate... DD's for the win I say
    996 TTS RWD
    E39 540i
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1420 Post(s)

I say DD's as well. Although I don't mind to start with a cute girl who has small cups. A good chassis for modification isn't a bad thing.

mjmarovi is online now Member

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

I say DD's as well. Although I don't mind to start with a cute girl who has small cups. A good chassis for modification isn't a bad thing.
    Yeah that's a pretty easy mod, about equivalent to a good tune...varies in price, but the best ones give you something really fun to play with
    09' e92 Montego Blue 335i Proven Power Single Turbo

chrisisnapping is offline Chalupa Batman

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

A great ass and a nice set of long legs can more than make up for an A-cup. Especially if she's adventurous and can ride well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1420 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chrisisnapping Click here to enlarge
    A great ass and a nice set of long legs can more than make up for an A-cup. Especially if she's adventurous and can ride well.
    Long legs and great ass plus an A-cup are fine. I can't add on long legs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1420 Post(s)

Yeah that's a pretty easy mod, about equivalent to a good tune...varies in price, but the best ones give you something really fun to play with
    I'd say it's like a good set of rims. A tune improves performance so that would be more like a gym membership.

We can always try to break these analogies down, it's important.

Itsbrokeagain is offline Member

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)

I will stand up for tiny titties too. I have As in my possession and will not change a thing lol

Lets just all have fun without the objective comments shall we?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1420 Post(s)

Uh oh now a titty war has started.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

No problem mate... for the record... my late father was an auto design engineer at GM (Holden), Isuzu, Opel, Vauxhall and GM for 35 years as was my uncle, all my friends' Dads, my brother etc etc... sadly I was an electronic engineer which appears to be more pertinent in today's cars than before but frankly it is all gobbledygook to me... even have trouble after brain cancer remembering my kids names and engine nos like N54, M62 blah blah blah...........

I would expect a V8 forced induction beast that can rev REALLY HIGH to destroy any straight 6 turbo that can rev high at similar power and torque numbers at same weight etc CD etc

I have enough trouble converting NM and KW to lbs-ft and HP let alone most else discussed on these boards... but I learn $#@!ing quickly

All the best y'all !
    Repped for beating cancer. 'Grats!
    BSM 2008 135i N54
    -VRSF 7" IC -VRSF DP's -n55 mids -BERK race -ER CP -TIAL BOV -BMS DCI -JB4 G5 ISO -ST coils -STOPTECH slotted rotors & pads -SLeK lip

Ocean is offline Member

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I kind of like pint sized sheilas with as low as A CUP spinners frames... then again, $#@! tiny titties .. god bless you mate... DD's for the win I say
    I wish I had a photo to illustrate this, but I once knew a girl who was blessed with long legs and a very athletic frame. God had also bestowed her with a massive rack, so voluminous that she had to wear a special chest brace when we went jogging. She would cross her wrists in front of her to keep the puppies from swinging wildly from side to side and disrupt her rhythm. I wish I had a photo to share, still remember this vividly more than 20 years later.
    Ok, sorry, Back to tuning subjects. Where were we?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Uh oh now a titty war has started.

sorry, my bad... what is a safe boost level range for this build as is ? (the car, not bolt on boobs that is)
    996 TTS RWD
    E39 540i
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

I love Asian girls.
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1420 Post(s)

sorry, my bad... what is a safe boost level range for this build as is ? (the car, not bolt on boobs that is)
    It's too late. My answer to any question posted in this thread now is going to be DD's.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge NWS:  
    Click here to enlarge
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Throws some D's on that $#@!!!
      Click here to enlarge NWS:  

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Throws some D's on that $#@!!!

You should use the nws /nws tags :d

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1420 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    You should use the nws /nws tags :d
    Edited.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Sorry, no nudity, didn't think anything of it...lol didn't even know those tags existed!

Thanks though! I know now!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910