Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

Heh yeah. I love football. But problem though, I muffed the date of my fantasy draft and my wife has me attending a social event. So I'm going to have to draft secretly off my cell phone. This is going to be ugly. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

FWIW to function 100% I'm pretty sure every ROM will need to be the correct ROM. Remember Cobb having a lot of issues with cruise control way back in the day?
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

There are versions to the ROM types as well...
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 1200+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    The short answer is I don't know. But so far I have not found anything in the PAF or DAF (what we're writing) that is specific to the actual car. Remember the write file is a tiny fraction of what is actually on the DME. The only exception I've found so far is if you load a 335is or 1M PAF/DAF to a car that isn't coded as a 335is or 1M it throws a coding missing error and locks itself to a zero boost target. Probably their protection from dealerships loading up performance software "accidentally". Click here to enlarge Same thing happens if you try to load a PPK BIN.

Anyway, it's an area of development I'm playing with so I'll know more as I spend more time with it.

Tonight while watching preseason football I'm programming the JB4 to detect the OBDII connection and turn itself to map 0 automatically.
    pft, chargers, meh. Another 9-7 season me thinks.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    FWIW to function 100% I'm pretty sure every ROM will need to be the correct ROM. Remember Cobb having a lot of issues with cruise control way back in the day?
    I'm running the BMS flash with a canned BIN and everything works 100% on my car as far as I know, including cruise control.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    pft, chargers, meh. Another 9-7 season me thinks.
    Heh yeah or worse. Oh well. We can't change who we love. Click here to enlarge

At least the Lakers.. Oh, wait. Sigh. I really wish I was a big baseball fan right now. But I still can't bring myself to watch an entire game. I do check the score the next day though.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

I'm a Mets fan, i feel your pain brother.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

At least the Lakers.. Oh, wait. Sigh. I really wish I was a big baseball fan right now. But I still can't bring myself to watch an entire game. I do check the score the next day though.
    baseball is the perfect sport for ADD folks like me; i can divert attention to other crap until the announcer raises his voice. And advanced baseball statistics are more amusing than video games... which is why I play OOTP through Splashtop on my phone Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    This is great news. Can't wait to see this get ported for different devices Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    the only thread i saw on the matter he was saying he didn't want any tuned people to send him their maps?

changed his mind?
    He was saying he didn't want people to send their maps because the only people that can send maps are our customers that have a Simon tool which encrypts all files. Its not that he doesn't want it its that he cant use it.

If he gets a car in there he can read it. We will find out eventually if they go online.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    I'm still in shock that I actually got some kind of answer, albeit a very vague and misleading one. It's nice that he locked it so I couldn't respond. I finally see why there is such vitriol for that place!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ruhnie Click here to enlarge
    I'm still in shock that I actually got some kind of answer, albeit a very vague and misleading one. It's nice that he locked it so I couldn't respond. I finally see why there is such vitriol for that place!
    meh, forum politics. if you knew the history, it was an expected answer.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ruhnie Click here to enlarge

He won't let me post about my Android port there. So from now on, It won't be allowed. Hows that.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Perfect.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

5 out of 5 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Nice work here. I heard only slight whispers on E90post about this, but it all makes sense now since all got deleted. And yes BT cables are high in demand (for cheap)Click here to enlarge Any planned updates using eBay cables?

As for open flash, it started as open source, but changed and my biggest gripe is that it is locked to one car. And with Procede, the firmware upgrade is coming out for the past 2 months...

Now for tuners with locked maps, you probably know it is only a matter of time until it gets unlocked, why not release basic maps for free and offer support / dialing for some $$?

Will be waiting for this to come out.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by litxus Click here to enlarge
    Any planned updates using eBay cables?
    It's up to the community.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by litxus Click here to enlarge
    Nice work here. I heard only slight whispers on E90post about this, but it all makes sense now since all got deleted. And yes BT cables are high in demand (for cheap)Click here to enlarge Any planned updates using eBay cables?

As for open flash, it started as open source, but changed and my biggest gripe is that it is locked to one car. And with Procede, the firmware upgrade is coming out for the past 2 months...

Now for tuners with locked maps, you probably know it is only a matter of time until it gets unlocked, why not release basic maps for free and offer support / dialing for some $$?

Will be waiting for this to come out.

Hey, what do you expect? They tell you over & over whatever they do is only "for the good of the community". What they neglect to say is the community they are benefiting are the paid vendors.Click here to enlarge
    Kevin
    2011 335is 7DCT/JB4 G5-ISO BMS Flash
    2013 135is 6MT - JB4 G5-ISO
    FF Cobra Mk-IV work in progress

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Andrew@activeautowerke Click here to enlarge
    He was saying he didn't want people to send their maps because the only people that can send maps are our customers that have a Simon tool which encrypts all files. Its not that he doesn't want it its that he cant use it.

If he gets a car in there he can read it. We will find out eventually if they go online.

mmm i don't doubt that one bit sadly... Click here to enlarge
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory Click here to enlarge
    Hey, what do you expect? They tell you over & over whatever they do is only "for the good of the community". What they neglect to say is the community they are benefiting are the paid vendors.Click here to enlarge
    Yeah, I sadly noticed a lot of politics in forums with vendors. Some get to bash the other, while other can't respond or vice versa. Or sometimes selective content is shown to portray one for better or worse. You get to the point where it is hard to find non tailored content even in forums.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It's up to the community.
    Yeah, once this gets going I'm sure a lot more stuff will come, like Alpina flash, logging. Now the only thing I wish I knew as codingClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)

For the performance tune to work in a car, you need an activation code that is available thru BMW ASAP.
    its an XML file you download and then import into ISTA P.

one would think for the betterment of the group, that a small fund could be made where someone would go pay for a performance tune from the dealer on said 335 or 1m.... And that XML file get stripped down to see what it is, is my speculation on what you will have to tell the DME to allow it to function.

then again, I'm a total n00b to this coding stuff outside of the dealership......

edit: SPECIFICALLY if the XML file was copied onto a flash stick and left on the seat......

ill Get to work on some DME activation codes... They won't be performance tunes but they may help?

and who to send them to?
    Click here to enlarge
    Vargas Turbo dealer and installation center
    Level 10 distributor and installation center
    Burger Motorsports Tier 2 dealer and installation center
    Turner Motorsports dealer and installation center
    Bimmerworld dealer and installation center
    Shipping built/stroked/CNC ported N54's Internationally!
    Follow us!
    http://www.facebook.com/BMWdoctor
    http://twitter.com/abrhouston
    http://instagram.com/abrhouston/
    http://abrhouston.com
    http://abr.genbook.com Book online appointments!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alex@ABRhouston Click here to enlarge
    For the performance tune to work in a car, you need an activation code that is available thru BMW ASAP.
    its an XML file you download and then import into ISTA P.

one would think for the betterment of the group, that a small fund could be made where someone would go pay for a performance tune from the dealer on said 335 or 1m.... And that XML file get stripped down to see what it is, is my speculation on what you will have to tell the DME to allow it to function.

then again, I'm a total n00b to this coding stuff outside of the dealership......

edit: SPECIFICALLY if the XML file was copied onto a flash stick and left on the seat......

ill Get to work on some DME activation codes... They won't be performance tunes but they may help?

and who to send them to?
    You mean the PPK DME Software upgrade? Don't you have to send your VIN and they send you back a key?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It's never enough, is it?

If you want to throw in a few grand I'll get you logging. I'll take a few bottles of wine too. I pick them.
    To use the BB Open Source flash one need a BT cable, so logging is already possible?
    Click here to enlarge
    997.1 tt
    Kline 200cell exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    Cobb E85 custom stage3 tune by Mitch
    ID1000 injectors
    Sachs stage 2.5 clutch

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast