Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Read the n52 section on e90poop. Its only a matter of time till he gets a car to read with it on there.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    plenty of people are "stealing" Shivs maps as we speak. but he did tout it as open DME reading so he can't be mad about it, right? hey @shiv@vishnu how about properly defining the throttle tables so we can adjust your retarded top heavy response/mapping?

I plan on using his Fuel flash for the Procede...I was going to send my DME to him quite a few months back but many people had issues with DME taking forever to get it back so I decided to wait. No with this awesome site this in house flash has come true as thats what I wanted all along. So yeah I am taking his fuel maps! lol
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Andrew@activeautowerke Click here to enlarge
    Read the n52 section on e90poop. Its only a matter of time till he gets a car to read with it on there.
    the only thread i saw on the matter he was saying he didn't want any tuned people to send him their maps?

changed his mind?
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Thanks Sticky, klipseracer and countless others for putting this together. This is history in the making. I'm glad I finally stumbled accross this forum.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Essentially the ability to read/write the MSD80/MSD81 ECU on your own with just a cable. No strings attached, no money, no Shiv.
    You sure he is already volunteering to post the source code at E90 "if they will host it"
    Kevin
    2011 335is 7DCT/JB4 G5-ISO BMS Flash
    2013 135is 6MT - JB4 G5-ISO
    FF Cobra Mk-IV work in progress

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Andrew@activeautowerke Click here to enlarge
    I recommend you guys lock out reads on your flashes. You can disable memory access, I just haven't done that yet, I'm sure you guys can come up with something.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 1200+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    the only thread i saw on the matter he was saying he didn't want any tuned people to send him their maps?

changed his mind?
    Means he already got one.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The source code will eventually be released of course, yes. The Android port is something @klipseracer is working on and I don't believe has any desire to share that source just yet but ask him if he wants help.
    I will release the source code after the BB Flasher source comes out and after I've completed the basic functions that I want to do which is a minimum of Reading and hopefully writing and hopefully read out the TCU rom. There are a LOT of timing issues that will have to be accounted for that I have to deal with in variances between hardware and I can only do so much, but I will get a functioning app that does more than just send data to the DME. Once I've got it working, I'll let someone else take the reins.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    627 Post(s)

I think everyone has their own interests. Klip is working on android stuff which looks really slick. I'm working on a version that does a few things that will make lives easier for JB4 owners loading our back end flash, etc. I'm sure someone will want to do a version that uses Chinese cables. That is the beauty of open software. You can do with it as you please. Just be careful only to run versions that come from known good sources. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory Click here to enlarge
    You sure he is already volunteering to post the source code at E90 "if they will host it"
    He just is afraid of people coming where he can't control them or make their posts disappear. Too bad Shiv, you lose.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 1chanc3 Click here to enlarge
    This might be a stupid question, but I'm assuming we can use Open Flash tunes? =P
    Yup! Flashed the OTS Stage 1 on a friend's car yesterday.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Klipse, let me know if you need any beta testing done for the Android app. Got a Galaxy S3 rooted on an AOSP rom.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

This might be a stupid question, but I'm assuming we can use Open Flash tunes? =P
    "Open Flash Tunes?" You really think that they did all of the research, dynamometer runs, and everything else to develop their own tunes? Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by maxnix Click here to enlarge
    "Open Flash Tunes?" You really think that they did all of the research, dynamometer runs, and everything else to develop their own tunes? Click here to enlarge
    Whoa, that's an awesome smiley! Didn't even know I added that one.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

So if I understand correctly Sticky, there will be no maps available, but rather people will have to find their own? Will there be any stage 0 or stage 1 (noob) maps available on the download thread for people like me so that we can throw something on our cars to play around with, while trying to learn and figure out this whole tuning process?
    2010 335i Coupe- Monaco Blue Metallic

CF performance spoiler // VMR V701 18x8.5 (front) 18x9.5 (rear)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

0 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Really this is only half the job. Need logging independent of other tunes/bt software.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

So if I understand correctly Sticky, there will be no maps available, but rather people will have to find their own? Will there be any stage 0 or stage 1 (noob) maps available on the download thread for people like me so that we can throw something on our cars to play around with, while trying to learn and figure out this whole tuning process?
    The BMS back end map will be up so that counts in my mind. Additionally, you can use Tuner Pro or anybody else's tune that is uploaded that is NOT from a tuning company. All uploads will be moderated to prevent people trying to rip off maps or upload viruses or whatever else some malicious person can think of.

You will have your own default map available to you and can download it and edit it using free software like Tuner Pro if you want. You can likely even e-mail the map to a tuner or upload it here and have one of our tuners download it, edit it for you to whatever degree you want, and then upload it.

You will have the ability to specify who can download your uploads so you can say for example just I could or everyone could. Should make it quite easy to exchange and also prevent map piracy.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nelsonmg Click here to enlarge
    Really this is only half the job. Need logging independent of other tunes/bt software.
    It's never enough, is it?

If you want to throw in a few grand I'll get you logging. I'll take a few bottles of wine too. I pick them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Shiv OTS maps are open domain I think, otherwise he wouldn't publicly post them on his site.

Oddly, I think Shiv is starting to want to protect his work. Per Shiv:

However at this time, the support is limited to providing tuned map files (Stg0 and Stg1). The XDF files will be released after we confirm that everything is running as it should. So for those who have one of these aforementioned ROMS and are currently waiting for a tuned ROM, please email me (shiv@vishnutuning.com) and include your full name and your stock ROM file (as read by the OpenFlash Tablet). In return, I'll email you Stg0 and Stg1 versions of your ROM as well as instructions of what to datalog (basically a few 3rd gear 2000-7000rpm pulls) so I can confirm that all is running perfectly Click here to enlarge

full name and stock ROM file? I guess he doesn't want BT flash folks to benefit from his work, *shrug*.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

He doesn't want others benefiting from his work yet he wants to take a BB project and host it on e90post? So essentially he says let me steal but don't steal my stuff.

$#@! you Shiv.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    627 Post(s)

Shiv OTS maps are open domain I think, otherwise he wouldn't publicly post them on his site.

Oddly, I think Shiv is starting to want to protect his work. Per Shiv:

However at this time, the support is limited to providing tuned map files (Stg0 and Stg1). The XDF files will be released after we confirm that everything is running as it should. So for those who have one of these aforementioned ROMS and are currently waiting for a tuned ROM, please email me (shiv@vishnutuning.com) and include your full name and your stock ROM file (as read by the OpenFlash Tablet). In return, I'll email you Stg0 and Stg1 versions of your ROM as well as instructions of what to datalog (basically a few 3rd gear 2000-7000rpm pulls) so I can confirm that all is running perfectly http://www.e90post.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif

full name and stock ROM file? I guess he doesn't want BT flash folks to benefit from his work, *shrug*.
    With BB OS you can load any software version on to any similar era DME. So MSD80s get 18A0S and MSD81 gets IJE0S. I bet those wacky AU 1860S MSD80s, etc, can just load our 18A0S file.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    With BB OS you can load any software version on to any similar era DME. So MSD80s get 18A0S and MSD81 gets IJE0S. I bet those wacky AU 1860S MSD80s, etc, can just load our 18A0S file.
    Could be variances in the VO to correspond with the country's laws. Although I have retained all my coding even running your canned BIN file (e.g. iDrive disclaimer delete, digital speedo, etc.), so who knows tbh.

I would venture to guess Shiv requires specific ROM files to be supported because the thing actually VIN locks to a single car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Very exciting stuff here. Props to all you guys working on it. For guys not running a piggyback is the recommendation to just use the BT Cable to log? I may end up getting a BT cable. I will deff share some maps. I just hope the final version works on my car. My friend has been testing with Terry, and we tried to load one of Shiv's maps onto my car, but it said the file size on my DME was wrong? I'm MSD80 I8AOS. IDK what version of the BB App he has.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    627 Post(s)

Could be variances in the VO to correspond with the country's laws. Although I have retained all my coding even running your canned BIN file (e.g. iDrive disclaimer delete, digital speedo, etc.), so who knows tbh.

I would venture to guess Shiv requires specific ROM files to be supported because the thing actually VIN locks to a single car.
    The short answer is I don't know. But so far I have not found anything in the PAF or DAF (what we're writing) that is specific to the actual car. Remember the write file is a tiny fraction of what is actually on the DME. The only exception I've found so far is if you load a 335is or 1M PAF/DAF to a car that isn't coded as a 335is or 1M it throws a coding missing error and locks itself to a zero boost target. Probably their protection from dealerships loading up performance software "accidentally". Click here to enlarge Same thing happens if you try to load a PPK BIN.

Anyway, it's an area of development I'm playing with so I'll know more as I spend more time with it.

Tonight while watching preseason football I'm programming the JB4 to detect the OBDII connection and turn itself to map 0 automatically.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Seriously, preseason football?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast